NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 07-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Kyle May

Default Storage/Display PC Methods?

Hey y'all. I have a couple different PC's that I'm trying to figure out how to display. I've read and heard different opinions about certain ways to store/display their cards. So without further adieu, here are the PC's I'm wishing to sort/store/display and my methods so far.

1) Jim Thome PC. I don't know how many base I have (hundreds), but I have 1 auto, some GU/relics, and lots of RCs.
- Method: Right now, I have them all in a cardboard box (750 card box I think). I'm thinking about putting all of the base in a binder, while displaying the relics/GU/Autos/RCs on a shelf next to the binder. Thoughts?

2) Topps PC. This is one card from every year Topps has made cards (starts in 1951).
- Method: Thinking about putting them in a binder. Is that ok for vintage? Thoughts?

3) HoF PC. I love collecting HoF base.
- Method: I'd like to put all of these cards in a binder with alphabetic dividers, sorted by last name. I'm currently working on getting the last card of each HoF I can. I think I'll include those in the binder? Obviously, when I get to the point of acquiring 1952 Mantles and such, those will stay out, as I'll get them slabbed. Thoughts?

Obviously, binders are my main method. Right now everything is in cardboard boxes. Let me know all of your thoughts, methods, etc.!

P.S. If this isn't the proper thread, please move or delete. Couldn't find a thread for this stuff.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Ben Martin

1) Jim Thome PC. I don't know how many base I have (hundreds), but I have 1 auto, some GU/relics, and lots of RCs.
- Method: Right now, I have them all in a cardboard box (750 card box I think). I'm thinking about putting all of the base in a binder, while displaying the relics/GU/Autos/RCs on a shelf next to the binder. Thoughts?

I collect Fred McGriff as well as a few others. I tried the binder method for a while but it made keeping up with things difficult for me. I keep all my base, inserts, autos, etc. in top loaders in order by my checklist. I have this PC in 5 of the two row shoe boxes. I display some bigger items like Starting Lineups or Magazines but I do not display cards.I probably have 1200 or so different McGriff cards plus I have a box for doubles of the guys I collect and I keep them in the same type of order but they are only penny sleeved and in a 5000 count box.

2) Topps PC. This is one card from every year Topps has made cards (starts in 1951).
- Method: Thinking about putting them in a binder. Is that ok for vintage? Thoughts?

I would probably go with the binder method on these. I would get the pages for the larger cards from the 50's to fit the early cards.

- Method: I'd like to put all of these cards in a binder with alphabetic dividers, sorted by last name. I'm currently working on getting the last card of each HoF I can. I think I'll include those in the binder? Obviously, when I get to the point of acquiring 1952 Mantles and such, those will stay out, as I'll get them slabbed. Thoughts?

I would probably do binders for these as well unless they are more valuable cards. If they are more valuable I would probably organize them the same way I do my PC collections.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post

I collect Fred McGriff as well as a few others. I tried the binder method for a while but it made keeping up with things difficult for me. I keep all my base, inserts, autos, etc. in top loaders in order by my checklist. I have this PC in 5 of the two row shoe boxes. I display some bigger items like Starting Lineups or Magazines but I do not display cards.I probably have 1200 or so different McGriff cards plus I have a box for doubles of the guys I collect and I keep them in the same type of order but they are only penny sleeved and in a 5000 count box.

I would probably go with the binder method on these. I would get the pages for the larger cards from the 50's to fit the early cards.

I would probably do binders for these as well unless they are more valuable cards. If they are more valuable I would probably organize them the same way I do my PC collections.
Thank you very much. I'm taking your advice on 2 and 3, but Thome is the only PC I don't know exactly how to organize/display/sort/store/etc. I'm thinking about binders for most of it because the fireproof safe I have fits a binder perfectly.