NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-22-2016, 04:12 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default fake psa flips

there are many fake flips out there especially on psa 6 aaron rookies...be careful...cards are real but much lower grade...there may even be one on net54 right now...not saying there is...but be careful
larry
Old 08-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Bob F.

+1
Old 08-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
there are many fake flips out there especially on psa 6 aaron rookies...be careful...cards are real but much lower grade...there may even be one on net54 right now...not saying there is...but be careful
larry
wow

can you show us what to look for?

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
wow

can you show us what to look for?

Here is a good link. What made me think Canofcorn's card was fake was the black arms and blurry hat on the fielding pose. Also here is a prior Net link discussing it. But it appears bad lighting was to blame.

http://bbcemporium.com/california-craigs-list-psa-scam/

http://www.net54baseball.com/archive...?t-131004.html

Last edited by orly57; 08-22-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:32 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Just "cleanse" the flip like Larry did on his SGC 80 Mantle. Then nobody will ever know what card it was, or be able to research what you paid for it

(Spelling)

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 08-24-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Just "cleanse" the flip like Larry did on his SGC 80 Mantle. Then nobody will ever know what card it was, or be able to research what you paid for it

(Spelling)
They use the same cert number but in a new holder or not, based on his scan, I question the right edge.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:01 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
larry
Are these actual "Faked" PSA slabs or slabs that have been cracked?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Mike

Quote:
larry

Hey Larry, don't beat around the bush. You messaged me earlier today saying my card was fake. I gave you a very thoughtful response explaining that another member questioned the authenticity (via Ebay, turned out to be a Net54 member and great guy), and I thanked him for letting me know....took it immediately down, called PSA...sent it to PSA for a $85 review and 2 day express service. They reviewed it... which I explained to you...then you have the nerve to still say it's a fake - and demanded to see my invoice. Keep in mind, you have no interest in the card, you are just busting balls.

So do me a favor, if you are going to accuse me of anything, man up and do it - stop being passive aggressive.
Don't say "there may even on one on net54 and be careful"

Here is the email from PSA after I sent them the card, (identities protected)
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 11:16 AM
To: Michael
Subject: RE: PSA Aaron

Mr. xxx

I hope you are well and apologize for the delay in my response. I will assist in having your Aaron card reviewed, and should the unfortunate instance occur where the card is deemed unauthentic, our operations manager would work with you regarding a remedy for the troubles. Again, I hope you are well, apologize for the delay, and look forward to working with you further.

Best,
xxx
PSA Operations
@collectors.com

Last edited by Canofcorn; 08-22-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Mike

Last edited by Canofcorn; 08-24-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Br1an N0Iff

I've done a couple of deals with Mike and have had nothing but positive interactions. Well stated response Mike, I think you went above and beyond to prove to him that the card is not a fake. I know a lot of people would not have taken the moral high ground and tried to sell it if it was possibly a fake. You didn't , you sent it off for verification, that says a lot about a persons character.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

I am the afore-mentioned member and great guy that Canofcorn referred to. A buddy of mine was looking for an Aaron rookie and sent me a pic from ebay of a psa 6 Hank that looked all wrong to me. I suspected it was one of the fakes from the Califoria scam years ago. I sent an email to the seller, who IMMEDIATELY pulled it from his store. He asked me for my number and i texted him the links of the fake Aarons. Eventually I asked him if he was on net54 and came to find out it was Canofcorn (he has a different ebay handle). I had never communicated with him before, but his catchy name rung bells.
Anyway, i got a text like two weeks later from him telling me (in jest) that i cost him $100 on the regrade. That the card came back with a 6 in the new holder. He sent me a picture (same as the one he posted here on net). It is the same card he was selling on ebay, only now in a new psa holder.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that Canofcorn, unlike many ebayers would, pulled the card and verified its authenticity rather than pawning it off without knowing. While I agree with the OP that the card seems a bit overgraded and has some characteristics that forgeries tend to have, I know for certain that Canofcorn had it re-slabbed and it passed muster with psa.
Canofcorn is right. You really shouldnt post things about other members without knowing them to be true. It is irresponsible.

Last edited by orly57; 08-22-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 PM
je.sse @rnot

Amazing. I hope there is more backlash for posting false fraud accusations on this site than there was for posting a joke about a cat.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Amazing. I hope there is more backlash for posting false fraud accusations on this site than there was for posting a joke about a cat.
agreed!

For the record, Mike is an honest guy and hearing that he pulled it from eBay and paid good money to have it reviewed goes a long way in my book.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-22-2016, 07:01 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default Aaron

No one said the card was fake
No one said you made a fake slip
And no one said you switched cards
What was said is that theres a very good chance that the flip is fake since the card cant possibly grade a 6 unless the grader was blind...if in fact psa reviewed this card and kept the grade as a 6...then clearly they just didnt want to pay you the smr of a 6 as per their guarantee
Personally i would still like to see the invoice
That shows you paid for a grade review and a reholder
Old 08-22-2016, 07:19 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
The OP didn't mention any names or any other info about the member, the member chose to do that himself.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
The OP didn't mention any names or any other info about the member, the member chose to do that himself.

Just my 2 cents.
Well I'm the only one with a PSA 6 Aaron on here at the moment.

Last edited by Canofcorn; 08-22-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default aaron

thank you
that is correct i mentioned no one
the card holder came on here to tell us himself
Old 08-23-2016, 08:18 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
I agree!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Larry,

PSA reviewed the card to determine if it was authentic or not ( a fake ). That is all PSA did. They did not regrade the card. The card was graded years ago so there is no need to regrade the card, and PSA applied a new label ( as evident with the PSA hologram ) and holder. The registration number did not change.

You've been on the board for a number of years and know that grading is subjective. We have all seen cards graded 5's that should be 7's, and 7's that should be 5's.

What ever the case, the card graded what it did at the time.

Mike has a nice PSA 6 Aaron, that MOST of us would love to have.

He appears to have gone above and beyond to relieve any doubt about the cards authenticity.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:12 PM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
+1

Last edited by stlcardsfan; 08-23-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default aaron

thank you
Old 08-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Sometimes people do more harm than good as is the case here. Some good but over zealous intentions put the card holder out of some serious green. Almost everyone on this board probably doesn't need to be told to use caution when purchasing cards, even graded ones. Myself I wouldn't be so worried with someone switching cards or flips but more worried that PSA slabbed a counterfeit or altered card. I just think people should be more discreet when calling out a card or case as fake. Look at all the trouble this has caused. Crazy indeed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk