NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default REAL T206s

Posted By: Craig 

Just today, Ebay seller "theantiquegallery" started putting up some HOFer T206s with Sovereign backs for sale. There is always a great deal of discussion on the board about trimming of vintage cards and the proliferation of high grade T206s over the last few years. I think it would be a great lesson for all board members to check out these cards on Ebay. These are really what T206s are supposed to look like. Big, fat chunky white borders. These slimmed down, trimmed down anorexic cards I see so often have generally been put through the paper-cutter. Yeah, they have sharp corners, etc, but I'm so suspicious of them. Take a look at the ones I'm mentioning on Ebay. These are the REAL T206s. Big, fat, wide chunky white borders. That should be a lesson for all new T206 collectors as well as a thought to ponder for all slab-buyers.

Old 01-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default REAL T206s

Posted By: T206Monsta

I agree that these cards do not look to be trimmed but I do think the angle at which they were taken gives the impression that they are "chunkier" than they really are. All of the photos are "keystoned" from the angle that they were taken. These don't look like they were scanned, they were photographed.

Old 01-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Default REAL T206s

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi T206 Monsta,
Your right they are photographs, not scans. I have purchased over 40 cards from this collection so far and have been very satisfied with their condition.
Photos do distort the size of the cards, but not as bad as you might think.
I will agree that allot of T206's have been trimmed down over the years, but not quite on the scale that most people seem to believe. I've purchased cards from large finds that have had a wide variance in sizes without any trimming. Unfortunately the variance in sizes and the excessive dollars paid for graded cards have encouraged crooks to trim more cards. PRO
be well brian

Old 01-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default REAL T206s

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Carolina brights (or is it American beauty?) are slenderer than the rest...