NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Default REA pickups

I got outbid on the one auction that I went after in REA's auction last night
(Doc Ellis LSD no-hitter full ticket). Oh well...

Did anyone from net54 win the Nolan Ryan lot that had the ticket to his debut game (and 1st strikeout), scored program from his first start in 1966 and dugout from his last win in 1993? Just curious...

What were some of your wins?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I lost the Early Wynn 1952 contract, but at least I can smile about what I paid for his 1953 contract.

Can anyone tell me why the Wynn contract (with Greenberg) sold for $1200, while the Enos Slaugter from essentially the same era, signed by Saigh and Frick, sold for $7500?? Neither are high-end HOFers.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@Hotmail.com
Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Well I gave the joe Jackson conlon a run as the underbidder but just couldn't go any higher. Although disappointed, there will be many other photos to be had for 36k with juice i probaby could have bid to 50 and lost.. Seemed like winner had no ceiling. Oh well...I did pickup this killer Jim Morrison check. Most say jmorrison so I thought it was special and always wanted one. I figured, I stayed up till 3:00 am.. Better buy something. Another victim to auction emotion.. Haha http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=23125

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 05-13-2012, 03:19 PM

That's a great Morrison piece, Ben. You just need to rip out that common color print and frame it with your killer B&W photo of Morrison, that was taken by Ken Regan while The Doors were preforming live at Bill Graham's Manhattan venue, "Fillmore East" AKA "The Church of Rock and Roll" - way, way back in 1968!

I'd like to find a nice Morrison someday to go with this iconic image of "The Lizard King"...

JimMorrison-TheDoors.jpg
morrisonCheck.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 05-13-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Well I gave the joe Jackson conlon a run as the underbidder but just couldn't go any higher. Although disappointed, there will be many other photos to be had for 36k with juice i probaby could have bid to 50 and lost.. Seemed like winner had no ceiling. Oh well...I did pickup this killer Jim Morrison check. Most say jmorrison so I thought it was special and always wanted one. I figured, I stayed up till 3:00 am.. Better buy something. Another victim to auction emotion.. Haha http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=23125
Nice pickup, Ben! I looked at that lot while I was flipping through the catalog.
Congrats!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
That's a great Morrison piece, Ben. You just need to rip out that common color print and frame it with your killer B&W photo of Morrison, that was taken by Ken Regan while The Doors were preforming live at Bill Graham's Manhattan venue, "Fillmore East" AKA "The Church of Rock and Roll" - way, way back in 1968!

I'd like to find a nice Morrison someday to go with this iconic image of "The Lizard King"...

Attachment 63367
Attachment 63370
Thank you jimmy and Scott. Jimmy.. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.. It will look killer! You need one for that photo I think

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Doug Goodman

I was hoping that the lot of 75 scorecards from the Keith Sutton collection wouldn't go quite so high, in which case I would have won it. Oh well.

Happy to add a scored scorecard from Willie Mays' first career HR to my collection. The proof ticket from that game and the stub from his last career HR will probably hit the BST once I receive them.

Doug
Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Scott

It always amazes me h ow people have the means and don't mind paying RIDICULOUS prices for some of that stuff. But hey, must be a status symbol too, in addition to the fact, that yes, its the best stuff of the year.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 AM

Default my purchase

this is mine!

rea.jpg
Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Paul

If you won LOT 837 ("Vintage Hall of Fame Signed Photographs: Young, Speaker, Collins, and Baker")...

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=22488

...and would like to sell the Baker, please contact me at SignedT206@gmail.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BakerREA2012.jpg (76.8 KB, 175 views)

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
this is mine!

Attachment 63409
Jim-

That was a great price for the pair, even with the condition issues on the Johnson silk.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Default i thought so also

hi Jon, this was the lot i did not think i would have been the high bidder when the dust settled. had my eye on a couple of t3 i had nice bids on that got me a second place finish. i actually went back and re-read the write-up to see if i had missed anything on the silks. the little bit of discoloration was not a factor at all. very happy to have both. now for the little matter of paying for it....
jim