NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Default What's up with Paypal ?

Posted By: Mike

I still haven't received this month's interest from PAYPAL and many others I have talked with have only received a fraction of what they usually get. Has anyone heard what is wrong ? Should I get my money out of there now ? Rate is a good 3.99% for a money market account.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Martin

I'd get it out of there as quickly as possible. Years ago, $200 disappeared from my account balance with no explanation. When I contacted customer support, they asked for a screenshot as proof of my former balance. Like I would have kept saved screenshots?! Closed my account and haven't dealt with them since.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I got a 'Cash Back  Bonus' on the 4th. I'm not 100% sure this is the same thing as interest on your account but I think it is..

I have used paypal for ~8 years now and have never had an issue.  I have heard horror stories about folks loosing $ from their accounts usually because a buyer filed a complaint or something of that nature and paypal gave them their money back.  I typically never keep more than $100 in my account at any one time.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I never leave it in my account. I always withdraw the cash right away into my bank account. I have never had a problem and I have been using them for quite some time. But, I don't take the risk.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

take paypal and withdraw it right away. If i am correct, Paypal is not a bank so your deposits are NOT guaranteed. They do offer a high rate but why take the chance.

A 6 month CD is pretty good now, i put my son and daughters money and get 4.5 % for 6 months and just keep rolling it over.

That is if you don't need the money right away.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Mark, that is a good rate for the present.

And where are you guys when someone starts posting about 'investing' in cards?? You guys obviously invest in CDs, interest bearing accounts, other stuff... and you COLLECT cards.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric

I do the same as Bryan. As soon as I have money in there, I transfer it out.

I had a chargeback issued to me in December. Someone got my item (even had all the emails for proof), then 3 months later, he got his credit card company to reverse the charge. I was out over $700. Paypal couldn't do anything for me because I didn't send the item with a signature receipt, even though I shipped it with insurance, I had delivery confirmation and the emails.

Unfortunately I still use them.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Eric,

Sometimes it's a necessary evil. I'm not a big fan of paypal but sometimes you just don't have a choice.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric

True......true

Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

There are a bunch of small banks in CT with better rates than the big guys. My wife and i have been investing all my kids money they get for Christmas and birthdays in CD's. They don't need the money for a long time and it seems the 6 Month CD rates are the highest. I just rolling the $ over and you would be surprised how much the cash adds up over time.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

I've used www.bankrate.com to search for the most competitive CD rates nationwide, and it has worked well.

(I have no affiliation with the Web site.)

Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

The only problem now with the 6 month CD is that next time you go to roll it over you will be getting 3.50 at best.

Luckily, 3 months ago I took one of my CD's and switched over to a 11 month one at 5.50. I still though have few that mature every 91 days and those are gonna get a low rate next time around.

Every time the Fed reduces the rate the CD's suffer.

Steve

Old 02-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Every time the Fed rate goes down a cd might suffer but my SBA loan rate goes down.....I guess that is their plan.
I try not to leave much in my paypal account as I don't like the horror stories I have heard in the past.....regards