NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Default "Seller Protection"

Posted By: Julie

Make sure you check with paypal AND the P.O. (if you're using the P.O.)--items have to be trackable ON THE INTERNET to get you seller protection. The tracking number on an insurance receipt from the P.O.--without delivery confirmation--is ONLY trackable at the P.O. NOT GOOD ENOUGH__express, delivery confirmation or certified must be added to insurance--no matter how much--to qualify.

Somewhat sadder and somewhat wiser.

Haven't had any complaints so far, but I'm expecting one HOURLY (which I will honor).

Old 02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Julie is right you need delivery confirmation added or it is no good with Paypal even if you have a receipt. I guess all my packages just went up .55, sad but true.

I think it would be better to be a buying crook then a selling crook, seems to be more obviuos loophles to jump thru.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Just means 55 cents less for you. You charge $3 shipping, the same as me, and it more than covers the cost of shipping stuff including Delivery Conformation.

I have always used delivery confirmation and was thrilled when they started allowing you to use them on first class mail. I have always used DC to cover my large arse. I've had a few people try to tell me that they never got items and when I gave them the DC number and link to the website, never heard anything from them again.

I like to think the best of people, but the sad thruth of eBay is that you have to protect yourself from the few bad apples.

Jay

Old 02-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Is that really all it takes? Scott Gaynor had posted previously, his reasons for discontinuing Paypal acceptance, and also that he felt confident that it wasn't affecting prices realized. I see his point, as even though you lose some bidders who like to use their "found money" (credit card lines), there should still be enough bidders around for most items - non-esoteric ones - that prices will top off at a normal market value.

I like Paypal because it is convenient for customers, but I deplore their "screw the seller attitude". I was considering adding the following to my auctions, but if all it takes is an additional 55 cents, I'll just raise shipping.

"U.S. and Canada only, checks and money orders only - NO PAYPAL. I apologize for having to discontinue Paypal, but their policies greatly complicate the buyer/seller relationship, add additional costs to the seller, and remove buyer responsibility in transactions. Again, sorry about this - if Paypal changes to address reasonable seller concerns I'll reinstitute acceptance of it.

$1.50 s&h, which can be combined with other auction wins (highest price s&h for any single item). Insurance is available for U.S. only, at standard USPS rates (up to $50-$1.30,$50-$100-$2.20,then $1 for each additional $100) Thanks for looking!

Old 02-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Given that eBay now nows PayPal, I wonder how much longer they will be buyer friendly given eBay's history of protecting sellers at all cost.

Jay

Old 02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

It's been a while since i've read the fine print so I could be wrong but I thought you could only get your money back from Paypal if you buy their insurance.

If that's true then is it odd that the buyer would pay for Paypal's insurance but not the post office insurance?

Old 02-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

is that you can't collect for a month. By which time you've forgotten what you wanted the money for...the thing I hate worst about the P.O. is they insist on plastering postage+ what you paid for insurance all over their stamp, so anybody can reasd it and know therte's something worthwhile stealing inside. For more expensive things, I'm going with FedEx.

Don't know yet how Seller Protection is going to work for me, or if I even need it, but I've got it. I think it's kind of neat of paypal to front seller the dough paid seller, even though it takes a few days to get it out of buyer's account.

Old 02-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

If you send an item media mail with delivery confirmation it gets there just as fast or even faster many times, than first class mail, plus it is cheaper. The PO was going to stop DCs on media mail but hasn't yet...

Old 02-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Charley

Wasn't there some discussion that concluded that one must have their cards privately insured as FedEx insurance does not cover them.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

You must have your own insurance if you are sending via Federal Express. In the event of a loss they will not cover collectibles even if you have paid them for insurance.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Administrator

I sure hope SGC is pocketing the monwy they take for insurance on the return of our cards using FedEX.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Administrator

I just got off the phone with Scott at SGC to ask him about the insurance thru FEDEX, FedEx only insures up to $500 and the rest of the money goes towards an insurnce policy that SGC has.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I took a pre-packed $4,000 card to Fedex and they wouldn't insure it because the label was too big for my box. So I put it in their box and they told me they would only insure up to $500...unless the item was packed in MY box!!! What a catch-22. That was that, and I discovered UPS was much better anyway.