NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Default Hidden T206 toughies

Posted By: TBob

There are several T206s which most collectors overlook as being tough cards to find. I am not talking about O'Hara, Magie, etc. but tough commons. Some have been discussed and the prices have moved up a little such as Donlin fielding and Burch batting but there are some hidden toughies. My nominations include Lindeman (very tough to find in EXMT or better shape), Rhoades throwing, Stahl no glove, Reulback glove showing and Camnitz arms folded.

Old 01-11-2003, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Monsta

One of my all-time favorites to this day.

Always tough to find Especially in good condition (Ex or better) Ed Konetchy (glove near ground).

Old 01-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

The artist who did that card apparently didn't do many others - lots of detail and possibly created without the use of a b&w photo. There are other cards in the t206 set that also were probably created from "scratch" - I got an email from a Flick collector the other day that said he thinks the Flick t206 was created from a line drawing.

Old 01-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

You are right! I have been searching for the Ed Reulbach (Glove Showing) card and the Carl Lundgren (Chicago) card since June 2002. No luck. I was able to locate the Lundgren (Chicago) in EX-MT condition but the dealer wants $675 for it!!! Sounds a little steep to me. Anyone with any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Monsta

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2700045561&rd=1

Old 01-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

many in very nice condition. But I have a "Reulbach" search set up so I don't miss many of his items.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Hello all,

I have been following the T206 market for about 2 1/2 years. The 150 only series are always tough with the Donlin fielding and the Pelty horzontal being the most in frequent I have seen (excluding the obvious Honus Wagner). I came across a card the other day on ebay I had yet to see, the Meyer portrait. The Dahlen brooklyn, the Brooklyn portraits, j. Tannenhill are a few that I have not seen meny of in this time.

A few other trends I have noticed is that horizontals go for over book and portraits tend to go for a little higher price than action poses of the same person.

Just a little think that I started doing is tracking the backs of T206's that go thru my hands and close to have are Piedmont 350, fact. 25. Has anyone else been tracking backs?

Lee

Old 01-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

T206 Backs...
Although it doesn't rate all that high on the rarity list I have seen but a small handfull of Sweet Caporal overprint backs. I have never seen an old mill overprint back. But then again it ranks #1 on the list.

Nick

Old 01-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

In the SCD 1887-1947 Vintage Card Price Guide put out about 10 years ago, there were slight differences in prices for some of the player variation cards such as Steinfeldt's portrait, McQuillan ball in hand, Nicholls hands on knees, Stahl no glove, Wilhelm hands at chest, Jordan portrait, Bergen batting, Crandall portrait no cap, Abbaticchio blue sleeves, Donovan portrait, etc., which made good sense, but the newer SCD price guide's have dropped those differentiations. I would like to see those picked up again as I think they reveal true price differences in the set.

Old 01-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Bob
I've been keeping a list of cards which seem tougher to find than the average common. I'll post the list as soon as I have time. Most of the cards listed by other posters are on my list so don't mind the duplication. Off the top of my head SCHULTE FRONT VIEW is the toughest card not yet listed, especially in ex or better. Will post list soon. be well brian

Old 01-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

What will be fun to watch in the next couple of months is the price jump you will more than likely see on the cards that will be listed in this thread. It has happened in the past when other topics are mentioned on the board.

That's part of the fun of this board the power that it can wield within the hobby. I think some other members will attest to this fact.

If you have any of these cards that you are willing to sell this might be the best time.

Old 01-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

either last year or this year, that while the rule in the past had been for T206 portraits to be more expensive than action shots, some--not all, but some, of these had been reversed.