Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ticket collectors, show us your tickets ! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=113349)

71buc 05-01-2022 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my favorite ticket in my collection. It was used in the recent Roberto Clemente calendar. I doubt I’ll ever slab it as I don’t intend to sell it.

GregZakwin 05-02-2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 2220501)
Oh well, each to his own.

Paying more for a "Ruth hit" ticket!
And then, paying even more to slab and grade it!

I guess I've been at this too long. It's a whole new "collecting" world. As Bob Dylan wrote, "I can't stay in here, ain't it clear, that I just don't fit."

Just for the hell of it, though, here's my most prized ticket. One of these just sold in Heritage's February 26, 2022 auction for $108,000. Because, you know, Gehrig. You'll notice that mine's not slabbed.

"To each his own" and yet you felt the need to criticize something I posted and deem it "nothing special or rare" -- maybe it is to me.

I'll assume your ticket is fake because, you know, you don't feel the need to increase its value significantly but protecting it and authenticating it in a slab. Must not be that special after all.

David Atkatz 05-02-2022 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregZakwin (Post 2221072)
I'll assume your ticket is fake because, you know, you don't feel the need to increase its value significantly but protecting it and authenticating it in a slab. Must not be that special after all.

Quite right.

Only special and/or rare tickets get slabbed.
All non-slabbed tickets are either
a) not special and/or rare, or
b) if obviously special, are fake.

Scott Garner 05-04-2022 07:16 AM

Roki Sasaki Perfect Game ticket- Japan

2 Attachment(s)
I just received this full, unused Season Field Box ticket to Roki Sasaki's 19K Perfect Game on April 10th, 2022 from Japan.

Although this game was not played in the ML it is arguably the best pitched game ever in professional baseball by many current metrics.

Roki Sasaki's perfect game was the first to be pitched in the Japanese major leagues since 1994.
The 20 yr. old Chiba Lotte Mariner RHP struck out 19 of the 27 Orix Buffalo batters he faced in the game.
The 19K's also set the Japanese majors record for most strikeouts in a perfect game and surpassed SF Giants pitcher Matt Cain and Sandy Koufax's standard of 14K's in a perfect game.
Sasaki struck out 13 consecutive batters in this game, which is just crazy! :eek:

Even more amazing is that Sasaki, in his next game, actually pitched 8 more perfect innings (a total of 17 consecutive perfect innings), before leaving the game with a 0-0 tie. His consecutive streak finally came to an end in the next game as the 1st Orix Buffalo batter that he faced got a single.

Still, 17 consecutive perfect innings is a feat that we likely will never see in our lifetime and deserves celebration and certainly a place in my advanced no-hit ticket collection! :cool:

Alexcards 05-05-2022 05:07 AM

All (4) 1936 Berlin OLYMPIC Gold Medal tickets Jesse Owens

2 Attachment(s)
1st Gold Medal = 100M
2nd Gold Medal = Long Jump
3rd Gold Medal = 200M
4th Gold Medal = 4 X 100 Relay

pherbener 05-05-2022 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Addie Joss Beats Cy Morgan in game 1: 3-1
Cy Young loses to Harry Kraus 4-3 in game 2.
1910 Cy Morgan def. Walter Johnson 3-2. WaJo with 8 Strikeouts

David Atkatz 05-05-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherbener (Post 2222113)
Addie Joss Beats Cy Morgan in game 1: 3-1
Cy Young loses to Harry Kraus 4-3 in game 2.
1910 Cy Morgan def. Walter Johnson 3-2. WaJo with 8 Strikeouts

Love 'em!
And not slabbed, either!

T_Hamilton 05-05-2022 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my more fun ones...

Phillie Phanatic v. Tommy Lasorda... signed by the Phanatic, Dave Raymond!

guy3050 05-05-2022 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Hamilton (Post 2222191)
One of my more fun ones...

Phillie Phanatic v. Tommy Lasorda... signed by the Phanatic, Dave Raymond!

Cool, Here's one of mine, Expos mascot youppi becomes 1st Mascot ever to get ejected from a game, Tommy Lasorda is again in the middle of this one, This is also the Expos longest ever game a 22 inning game which they lost 1-0 ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmzeK6oAtkk

MVSNYC 05-06-2022 10:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Took a while, but these just popped on PSA's website...I submitted them about 10 weeks ago. I'm happy with the results, and they were accommodating with how I wanted the labels to read...

71buc 05-07-2022 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing terribly rare or exciting here but I’m happy to finally land a full version of this ticket, even if I over paid. It embodies what makes tickets fun for me. My Dad surprised me with tickets to this game when I was sixteen. I loved Dave Parker so he made sure our seats were in right field. Living in an American League city I only got to see him on TV. Because of my Dad I got to witness both of the Cobra’s throws from the perfect vantage point. We still talk about those throws and the fun we had that day. This ticket makes me smile and isn’t that why we all chase this silly stuff?

https://youtu.be/nXwquWnNWd4

5-Tool Player 05-08-2022 08:23 PM

Yes, California Angel Brian Downing rounding 3rd base and getting thrown out at home plate.....I shook my head when it happened

guy3050 05-10-2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2222945)
Nothing terribly rare or exciting here but I’m happy to finally land a full version of this ticket, even if I over paid. It embodies what makes tickets fun for me. My Dad surprised me with tickets to this game when I was sixteen. I loved Dave Parker so he made sure our seats were in right field. Living in an American League city I only got to see him on TV. Because of my Dad I got to witness both of the Cobra’s throws from the perfect vantage point. We still talk about those throws and the fun we had that day. This ticket makes me smile and isn’t that why we all chase this silly stuff?

https://youtu.be/nXwquWnNWd4

The Pirates were always my favorite visiting team when they came to Montreal because of Players like Clemente, Stargell, Parker, Bonds any many others, I remember this play like it was yesterday....Great tag by The Kid

Snapolit1 05-10-2022 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Recent acquisition.

bigfanNY 05-12-2022 08:21 AM

Very nice war bond Ticket.

megalimey 05-12-2022 10:24 AM

missed the boat on attribution on 1947 ticket

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2222434)
Took a while, but these just popped on PSA's website...I submitted them about 10 weeks ago. I'm happy with the results, and they were accommodating with how I wanted the labels to read...

FYI Jackie Robinson had his first 2 RBI in a Home Game
would have added value if on the label

MVSNYC 05-12-2022 10:26 PM

I appreciate your opinion...but I was determined to have them put "Rookie Season" on the label, same with the Mantle stub. I'm very happy with how they turned out.

Shoeless Moe 05-13-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2224362)
I appreciate your opinion...but I was determined to have them put "Rookie Season" on the label, same with the Mantle stub. I'm very happy with how they turned out.

Agree, I like it better with Rookie Season.

I don't care if it his first road hit to the opposite field when batting 3rd in the lineup for a day game above 80 degrees.

Who cares? If it's not a significant achievement, who cares.

ROOKIE SEASON to me stands out more, good choice!!!!

MVSNYC 05-13-2022 11:24 AM

Paulie Walnuts, thanks!...that was my exact feeling as well. IMO, the big "headline" for a 1947 Dodgers stub (that is not his debut, or his first hit, or first HR, or first SB) is "Rookie Season".

GregZakwin 05-14-2022 03:18 AM

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...%20PSA%209.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...20PSA%2010.jpg

MVSNYC 05-14-2022 05:40 AM

Cool tickets, Greg!

Interesting, on the second one, I assume they mean Trout, but they don’t list the player’s name on the label.

Hoy'sNoDummy 05-19-2022 07:26 PM

Pres. George W. Bush signed Ticket Stub

1 Attachment(s)
I got this one signed by then Gov. George W. Bush when I was 13 at his box seats in between innings at the Ballpark in Arlington.

I know not rare, but a cool memory of days gone by.

Lucas00 05-19-2022 07:55 PM

New pickup, 1936 Martinsburg blue Sox season pass with hack wilson managing. Hack played for Martinsburg in the early 20s before his big league debut, and returned as a player in 1935. But Very little info is available on this year 1936, apparently they were part of the blue ridge league but I can't find that info. And even though it says manager hack did still play in games.
Beautiful ticket, I love the secretary and presidents autographs as well. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...069578b57f.jpg

71buc 05-20-2022 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These three full tickets recently returned from PSA. It was my first submission to a TPG. I am pretty satisfied with the results. For what it’s worth the Spahn is the only one slabbed to date. The Musial is the second highest grade, and the Griffeys ticket is the highest graded version of that ticket.

MVSNYC 05-20-2022 09:00 AM

Mike, love the tickets and how PSA labeled them (I assume you were specific on that?). Well done.

(The Griffeys playing together always blows me away, must've been so special for them...totally unique experience).

71buc 05-20-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2226513)
Mike, love the tickets and how PSA labeled them (I assume you were specific on that?). Well done.

(The Griffeys playing together always blows me away, must've been so special for them...totally unique experience).

Thanks I only wrote the slip for the Spahn the other descriptions already existed.

MVSNYC 05-21-2022 08:22 PM

Gotcha, worked out well then! I think when the labels are properly notated, it can really help tell the story of a ticket.

Great tickets.

71buc 05-29-2022 11:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I used Past Time Pros to get the Parker ticket signed and was very happy with their service. It took about three weeks to return. The Bob Robertson and Elroy Face tickets I got signed last weekend at the Monroeville show. He inscribed the World Series ticket “Bunt?!” Face inscribed 22 straight wins.

mr2686 05-29-2022 11:55 AM

Nice tickets Mike! I remember that 1971 game 2 very well. Me and my buddy were watching it and marveling over Robertson's power. He also had a double I believe, and Mays had a HR and a double as well. Great series that led to an even better WS.

71buc 06-06-2022 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cleaning out my garage this weekend and my wife came across this program in a box. There was a mint condition stub to Game 5 of the 1995 ALDS tucked inside. I attended the game with my wife and father. I kept my ticket but thought the others were gone forever. It was a pleasant surprise.

tkd7 06-06-2022 05:15 PM

You saw a great game back then as well. Nice find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaneen 06-07-2022 11:55 PM

I'll add a couple that are special to me as a Reds fan...Pete Rose passed Ty Cobb to become the all-time hits leader with hit #4192 on September 11, 1985.

https://www.sportscollectors.net/photos/801537.jpg

5-Tool Player 06-09-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2226513)

+1 Great Job Mike

emergencydonut 06-11-2022 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can anybody help me understand whether this ticket stub I recently bought is what it was advertised as? The ebay seller says that it came out of a meticulously kept/labeled collection, and that this was for this 5/1/1933 game, in which Arky Vaughan hit his first grand slam (and inside-the-parker!)

There's a big "55" on the ticket, but 5/1/33 was certainly not the 55th Pittsburgh or Philadelphia game of that season, so I'm not sure what this might refer to, or if this means that this ticket stub wasn't from that game. In any case, I'd hugely appreciate any help. Thanks!

SFGiantsFan 06-12-2022 08:14 PM

Two Tix: Willie Mays 3000th Hit

2 Attachment(s)
My dad took me to the game when Willie got his 3000th hit when I was seven years old. He gave me the tickets (and a cool Willie Mays portrait he probably bought at the game) about 10 years ago shortly before he died. My son was a rabid baseball fan (and little leaguer) and I promised him the tickets to go with a Sports Illustrated cover he bought of Willie's 3000th hit (signed). Well, I lost the tickets and then moved homes and never really expected to see them again. My wife and I finally got around to cleaning the garage this week (after living in our new home 3 years) and look what we found!

MCyganik 06-13-2022 04:13 PM

On what would have been Mel Parnell’s 100th birthday, I’m showing off his 1st career win ticket! Parnell’s 123 wins is still a Red Sox franchise record for left-handers (ahead of Jon Lester - 110) and 4th all-time for all Sox pitchers behind Roger Clemens, Cy Young and Tim Wakefield.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ba212b1076.jpg

19802008Phillies 06-13-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emergencydonut (Post 2233385)
Can anybody help me understand whether this ticket stub I recently bought is what it was advertised as? The ebay seller says that it came out of a meticulously kept/labeled collection, and that this was for this 5/1/1933 game, in which Arky Vaughan hit his first grand slam (and inside-the-parker!)

There's a big "55" on the ticket, but 5/1/33 was certainly not the 55th Pittsburgh or Philadelphia game of that season, so I'm not sure what this might refer to, or if this means that this ticket stub wasn't from that game. In any case, I'd hugely appreciate any help. Thanks!

As far as I know nobody has ever figured out how the ticket numbers correspond to specific games for those Phillies tickets. I believe that specific seller just made up information for all of the tickets they listed on eBay. The entire group of tickets were a recent purchase from a Huggins & Scott auction. There was no reference to any back story or hand writing referring to specific dates in the auction listing. Unfortunately I think someone bought the lot, made up several fake listings to flip them on eBay and made a 5 figure profit in the scam. I hope I’m wrong but the facts seem to point to that.

5-Tool Player 06-13-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan (Post 2233702)
My dad took me to the game when Willie got his 3000th hit when I was seven years old. He gave me the tickets (and a cool Willie Mays portrait he probably bought at the game) about 10 years ago shortly before he died. My son was a rabid baseball fan (and little leaguer) and I promised him the tickets to go with a Sports Illustrated cover he bought of Willie's 3000th hit (signed). Well, I lost the tickets and then moved homes and never really expected to see them again. My wife and I finally got around to cleaning the garage this week (after living in our new home 3 years) and look what we found!

Fantastic find, I bet we all could find some gems in our garages/storage units if we dig deep. WTG......brings back great.....great memories.

doug.goodman 06-14-2022 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan (Post 2233702)

Best first post ever.

Welcome to net54.

Doug

SFGiantsFan 06-14-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-Tool Player (Post 2234024)
Fantastic find, I bet we all could find some gems in our garages/storage units if we dig deep. WTG......brings back great.....great memories.

Thanks! It was quite a thrill to find these bad boys! I'd done a LOT of looking at our previous home with no luck, so this was a big surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2234078)
Best first post ever.

Welcome to net54.

Doug

Thanks so much! I didn't even know that collecting stubs was really a thing. So this thread has been a lot of fun to read through!!

71buc 06-14-2022 05:34 PM

Fantastic Mays stubs! Nice find!

emergencydonut 06-15-2022 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19802008Phillies (Post 2233984)
As far as I know nobody has ever figured out how the ticket numbers correspond to specific games for those Phillies tickets. I believe that specific seller just made up information for all of the tickets they listed on eBay. The entire group of tickets were a recent purchase from a Huggins & Scott auction. There was no reference to any back story or hand writing referring to specific dates in the auction listing. Unfortunately I think someone bought the lot, made up several fake listings to flip them on eBay and made a 5 figure profit in the scam. I hope I’m wrong but the facts seem to point to that.

Thanks for the info. Was it this lot, by chance? I can't find any others that look like what you're describing. I guess this will just be wasted money then, if there's no way to really date the ticket to any particular game, and maybe the seller was dishonest. Unfortunate.

19802008Phillies 06-15-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emergencydonut (Post 2234367)
Thanks for the info. Was it this lot, by chance? I can't find any others that look like what you're describing. I guess this will just be wasted money then, if there's no way to really date the ticket to any particular game, and maybe the seller was dishonest. Unfortunate.

Your link is correct. They match up exactly if you compare. Several collectors reached out the seller and were told that they were consigned and the consigner had the story about the person keeping records and writing the dates on the back. Did the one you won have the date written on the back of it? I would certainly not hesitate to reach out to the seller and attempt a return if you are not happy.

ksfarmboy 06-15-2022 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just added this ticket to my Wichita and Kansas collection.

Scott Garner 06-15-2022 05:24 PM

Nice Clint! Perfect for your collection.

emergencydonut 06-16-2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19802008Phillies (Post 2234420)
Your link is correct. They match up exactly if you compare. Several collectors reached out the seller and were told that they were consigned and the consigner had the story about the person keeping records and writing the dates on the back. Did the one you won have the date written on the back of it? I would certainly not hesitate to reach out to the seller and attempt a return if you are not happy.

Thank you; I appreciate the extra detail there. Yes, my ticket stub has a date written in pencil on the back. I don't see it exactly in the lot picture, but it's a very similar look to those tickets. Maybe I will reach out to the seller to try to learn more. Thanks again.

Edit: I searched seller's other sold listings, and you're right, some of these tickets match the Huggins+Scott auction lot 100%, like this really obvious one. I sent the seller a message asking for more information. I also mailed Huggins and Scott, just on the off chance they might be able to shed some light on things.

ksfarmboy 06-16-2022 03:02 AM

Thanks Scott!

emergencydonut 06-16-2022 02:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by emergencydonut (Post 2234690)
Thank you; I appreciate the extra detail there. Yes, my ticket stub has a date written in pencil on the back. I don't see it exactly in the lot picture, but it's a very similar look to those tickets. Maybe I will reach out to the seller to try to learn more. Thanks again.

Edit: I searched seller's other sold listings, and you're right, some of these tickets match the Huggins+Scott auction lot 100%, like this really obvious one. I sent the seller a message asking for more information. I also mailed Huggins and Scott, just on the off chance they might be able to shed some light on things.

Seller's response:
Hi,

All of the ticket stubs were sold on consignment from a collector's grandson. His grandfather attended every game and would date the tickets on the back of the stub at the end of every game.

Thanks,

Bobby
This seems impossible, right? Like, this guy clearly bought these tickets from the Huggins and Scott auction. Or, someone else bought them and sold them to him, but in any case, he did not actually get these from the grandson of a collector to sell on consignment. At best, he got lied to, and at worst, he's lying. Is there another way to interpret this situation?

Edit: He followed up with:
A consignor reached out to me and told me he had just acquired a collection that his grandfather had with dates on the back of the tickets. He sent me the tickets in a binder with the dates on the back and pictures with his grandfather at the games. I took the binder apart to list the tickets and sent him back the binder with the pictures. I have no clue where the consignor acquired the tickets from. I'm just going by what he said and the information that was in the binder.
I asked him for pictures of the binder and the grandfather game photos, etc, or to follow up with the consignor for such provenance information. Reply:
I'll ask the consignor. I'm fairly certain these didn't come from an auction house though. I looked at the link that you sent and they are similar, but there's numerous amounts of tickets that have that exact same stamp on it. Grand stand seats were numerous back then. Basically a general admission ticket.
For anybody following or researching this situation/seller in the future, I am 100% convinced that this seller's ticket stubs came from the Huggins and Scott auction. The paper grain signifiers match completely, as do the edge perforations/deckling. Best example of that attached (one image with green circles marking extra-obvious unique match spots).

ooo-ribay 06-16-2022 02:59 PM

I was not the winner. Healthy price!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29502410378...p2047675.l2557

19802008Phillies 06-16-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emergencydonut (Post 2234858)
Seller's response:
Hi,

All of the ticket stubs were sold on consignment from a collector's grandson. His grandfather attended every game and would date the tickets on the back of the stub at the end of every game.

Thanks,

Bobby
This seems impossible, right? Like, this guy clearly bought these tickets from the Huggins and Scott auction. Or, someone else bought them and sold them to him, but in any case, he did not actually get these from the grandson of a collector to sell on consignment. At best, he got lied to, and at worst, he's lying. Is there another way to interpret this situation?

Edit: He followed up with:
A consignor reached out to me and told me he had just acquired a collection that his grandfather had with dates on the back of the tickets. He sent me the tickets in a binder with the dates on the back and pictures with his grandfather at the games. I took the binder apart to list the tickets and sent him back the binder with the pictures. I have no clue where the consignor acquired the tickets from. I'm just going by what he said and the information that was in the binder.
I asked him for pictures of the binder and the grandfather game photos, etc, or to follow up with the consignor for such provenance information. Reply:
I'll ask the consignor. I'm fairly certain these didn't come from an auction house though. I looked at the link that you sent and they are similar, but there's numerous amounts of tickets that have that exact same stamp on it. Grand stand seats were numerous back then. Basically a general admission ticket.
For anybody following or researching this situation/seller in the future, I am 100% convinced that this seller's ticket stubs came from the Huggins and Scott auction. The paper grain signifiers match completely, as do the edge perforations/deckling. Best example of that attached (one image with green circles marking extra-obvious unique match spots).

Interesting and thanks for passing on the info. They are 100% the same tickets, others have compared photos like you did so they did come from the H&S auction. I noticed the eBay seller does seem to be a reseller for all kinds of items so the story they are sharing could be legit as to ‘what they were told’. I find it hard to believe H&S would not include the fact that they were hand dated on the back, especially since therre were some big moments in there. I’m not sure if you searched all the sold eBay listings from this situation but the seller sold $10k+ of these things so it’s a bit more than a little white lie in my opinion. Maybe next step for you would be to ask H&S if they were dated and came in grandpas binder? If no, they’d know who the buyer was.

emergencydonut 06-17-2022 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19802008Phillies (Post 2234904)
Interesting and thanks for passing on the info. They are 100% the same tickets, others have compared photos like you did so they did come from the H&S auction. I noticed the eBay seller does seem to be a reseller for all kinds of items so the story they are sharing could be legit as to ‘what they were told’. I find it hard to believe H&S would not include the fact that they were hand dated on the back, especially since therre were some big moments in there. I’m not sure if you searched all the sold eBay listings from this situation but the seller sold $10k+ of these things so it’s a bit more than a little white lie in my opinion. Maybe next step for you would be to ask H&S if they were dated and came in grandpas binder? If no, they’d know who the buyer was.

Thanks for the reply; always appreciated. I sent the seller the comparison images, and he preemptively refunded me without need of returning the ticket. I do hope that he is being on the level, and maybe someone sold him a doctored-up binder of tickets with fake backstories. That's possible, I guess. If that ends up being true, you would hope he'd contact other buyers and refund them, as well.

I did also mail H&S, at two of their email addresses, and shared my concerns and asked for more information. No reply yet.

Seller's refund message:
I haven't heard back from the consignor yet, but I'm going to send you a full refund for the ticket stub. I don't want you unhappy or have regrets with your purchase so you can just keep it free of charge. Customer service is our number one priority and I take that very seriously. I've never had an issue with a consignor before and I just don't see how it's possible to have all of the information he had in that binder. Anyways, I apologize for any inconvenience, and I'll definitely let you know when I hear back from him. Thanks for your business and hope you have a great night.

71buc 06-18-2022 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1995 Game 5 ALDS ticket.

guy3050 06-23-2022 03:27 PM

August 6th 1999

1 Attachment(s)
Just got this one back from getting framed, Tony Gwynn signed 3000th hit photo and signed 3000th hit full season ticket.

jimjim 06-23-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2235463)
Mission accomplished added Junior’s autograph to this 1995 Game 5 ALDS ticket.

Great looking ticket! Awesome job!

71buc 06-24-2022 09:33 PM

Thanks Matthew

Scott Garner 06-24-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 2236603)
Just got this one back from getting framed, Tony Gwynn signed 3000th hit photo and signed 3000th hit full season ticket.

Very nice, Guy!
Tony Gwynn was awesome!!
Believe it or not, he was a neighbor of a close friend of mine that lived in Poway, CA. I used to literally walk by Gwynn's front door.
Baseball royalty IMHO.

It's a tragedy that he passed away so young. :(

Jewish-collector 06-25-2022 11:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
On March 19, 1966, Texas Western College (now the University of Texas at El Paso) started -- for the first time in NCAA basketball championship history -- five black players against an all-white Kentucky team at Cole Field house in College Park, Maryland. In a game that has come to represent a breakthrough for blacks in college sports, the Miners of Texas Western defeated the Wildcats for the championship. A movie, "Glory Road," based on the 1966 team, was released nationwide on January 2006. Ticket stub below:
Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548Attachment 522548

Attachment 522547

mr2686 06-26-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Garner (Post 2237041)
Very nice, Guy!
Tony Gwynn was awesome!!
Believe it or not, he was a neighbor of a close friend of mine that lived in Poway, CA. I used to literally walk by Gwynn's front door.
Baseball royalty IMHO.

It's a tragedy that he passed away so young. :(

Tony was a great guy. He drove through the Poway taco bell one day when we had some time off between softball tournament games. He stopped and chatted briefly. Top notch class guy.

Jewish-collector 06-26-2022 05:46 PM

Question - For my basketball ticket that I recently posted, how much would it cost me to get PSA to authenticate/grade it ? Thank you !!!

philo98 06-27-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish-collector (Post 2237712)
Question - For my basketball ticket that I recently posted, how much would it cost me to get PSA to authenticate/grade it ? Thank you !!!

PSA are the only ones doing ticket grading at this time. The link below provides their pricing based off of ticket value. Im not sure how accurate their ticket grading turnaround times are, however I would imagine they are running on the slow side as this has been the case for over 2 years now.

https://www.psacard.com/services/ticketgrading

Michael B 06-28-2022 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish-collector (Post 2237712)

Alan,

If you are going to The National you could take it there and get in line early to find out.

MVSNYC 07-17-2022 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Goldin...

jethrod3 07-17-2022 12:45 PM

Best but currently most worthless ticket

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a ticket from Johnny Vander Meer's first no-hitter. I believe it is from that game because I'd purchased several Reds scorecards from 1938 from an auction in the same lot, and the tix were attached to the respective scorecards with paper clips. Unfortunately there is no printed date on the ticket to identify the game. Tix from his 2nd no-no are easy to identify (1st night game at Ebbets Field), but I don't think anyone to date has identified a ticket from the 1st no-no. Russ Havens kindly posted a query on my behalf on his great website, but there were no responses. Hopefully future research will provide evidence I need to verify the ticket!

Scott Garner 07-17-2022 05:29 PM

Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket stub

3 Attachment(s)
Welcome to net54!
In response to the last post regarding Johnny Vander Meer's 1st no-hitter ticket.
Well, there is really no way to say that this ticket stub was definitively used to gain entrance to this specific game, but the Reds GA ticket is from the approximate same era.

Were any of the 1938 Reds scorebooks in your auction lot against the Boston Bees and were they scored? If yes, if you could show me the scoresheet from the scorebook I might be able to help with proving your theory.

Here is my Bleacher GA ticket from Vandy's 1st no-hitter and I am 100% certain of it being genuine. Check out the line score info on the back of the ticket. It also came with the box score from the game that was clipped out of the Cincinnati Post the next day.

I hope this helps.

jethrod3 07-17-2022 07:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind welcome, Scott, and for your reply! That info might be helpful especially if there was some way to correlate grandstand numbering to bleacher numbering. I do have the actual no-hitter scorecard vs. Boston that it was clipped to; that's why I believed it is a legit ticket. Other tix clipped to other scorecards I had made sense with respect to numbering and when the games were played, but that still isn't a definitive process for validation. Attaching pics of the scoresheet which I had on my phone. I think I also had a box score that was from the next day's paper that I removed for taking photos before I took the scorecard and ticket to the safe deposit box.

Someone had suggested submitting the ticket to PSA, but I didn't have faith they could do any better than I could in proving legitimacy, and I'm not interested in selling the ticket anytime soon, so I saved the $$ and never sent it out!

5-Tool Player 07-17-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 2236603)

Nice....Very Nice....great autograph and ticket

jethrod3 07-17-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Garner (Post 2243425)
Welcome to net54!

Here is my Bleacher GA ticket from Vandy's 1st no-hitter and I am 100% certain of it being genuine. Check out the line score info on the back of the ticket. It also came with the box score from the game that was clipped out of the Cincinnati Post the next day.

I hope this helps.

By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!

Scott Garner 07-18-2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrod3 (Post 2243481)
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!

jethrod3,
Thank you.
Here is what I can tell you about my Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket:

It was purchased in a major catalogue auction (unfortunately I don't remember which one) perhaps 20 years ago. I was fortunate on the acquisition price as it was a different era in ticket collecting. I have been collecting the no-hitter ticket theme for over 40 years. The older vintage fountain pen scrawls on the back are obviously intact and do a nice job of authenticating the stub. It also has some writing on the front that is no longer legible and is faded due to father time.
The clipping accompanied the ticket stub in the auction.

BTW, I have seen two other examples of undated GA blue tickets from Vandy's 1st no-hitter that were attached to scored scorebooks. At least one of them had writing on the ticket stub indicating details of the game. Your GA ticket number is within about 2800 of another of these GA tickets that I have seen attached to a scored scorebook, so I would not discount that this ticket COULD have been from Vandy's game.
If you would like to reach out to me via e-mail, I could send you photos of this scorebook and ticket as an assist. I am not a fan of PSA at all but they would not authenticate your ticket, so you are best not wasting your time...

Chstrite 08-02-2022 05:06 PM

Looking for 1962 NY, 1962 DC and 1966 All Star Tickets

If allowed, looking for these three tickets:

1962 NY AS Ticket
1962 DC AS Ticket
1966 AS Ticket

If you have em, email me at charles.strite@yahoo.com

ThNks!

Charlie

JimmyC 08-03-2022 12:51 PM

A few goodies from my collection:

Jim Craig Signed Gold Medal Game Ticket

https://i.imgur.com/USJRMn9.jpg

David Cone Perfect Game Tix - Yes, I was lucky to be there!

https://i.imgur.com/sAiDHZn.jpg

My very first baseball game in 1971....Mets vs. Giants at Shea.....Koosman pitched a complete game - Mets win! Agee and Kranepool go deep!

https://i.imgur.com/cIvNWuB.jpg

Shoeless Moe 09-15-2022 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Babe's 1st World Series start & win, and the start of his scoreless innings streak.

Only 5 known (graded at PSA), compare to over 120 Called Shot tickets.

This one is as rare as it gets.

Over at Lelands if anyone is interested, only 2 days to go:

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=111082

Hankphenom 09-15-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish-collector (Post 2237190)
On March 19, 1966, Texas Western College (now the University of Texas at El Paso) started -- for the first time in NCAA basketball championship history -- five black players against an all-white Kentucky team at Cole Field house in College Park, Maryland. In a game that has come to represent a breakthrough for blacks in college sports, the Miners of Texas Western defeated the Wildcats for the championship. A movie, "Glory Road," based on the 1966 team, was released nationwide on January 2006. Ticket stub below:

Great historical ticket, Alan.

GregZakwin 09-19-2022 10:59 PM

Very happy to stumble upon this Zack Wheat hit ticket ungraded, with Wagner along for the ride as an added bonus

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...PSA%20AUTH.jpg

Scott Garner 09-22-2022 04:36 AM

Delete

butchie_t 09-28-2022 10:33 AM

Frank Howard game ticket search help

Group,

I am on a quest to find a number of Frank Howard home run game tickets. I have found some but I just do not know many places that I can search for ones I am missing. Can you help a collector out and drop a few websites in my lap to help in my search?

Greatly appreciated if you can and will.

Regards,

Butch

rlevy 09-28-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2268182)
Group,

I am on a quest to find a number of Frank Howard home run game tickets. I have found some but I just do not know many places that I can search for ones I am missing. Can you help a collector out and drop a few websites in my lap to help in my search?

Greatly appreciated if you can and will.

Regards,

Butch

I have some LA Dodger stubs from the early 60's. Do you have a list of games? I would be happy to look thru them and see if I have any for you.

Rick

butchie_t 09-29-2022 06:51 AM

Frank Howard game ticket search help

Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the tickets I am searching for within the Dodger era:

9/10/1958 @ Phillies - HR #1
6/24/1960 @ Braves - HR #9
9/26/1960 vs Giants - HR #25
4/18/1961 vs Cardinals - HR #26

And thank you for looking as well.

Regards,

Butch

Snapolit1 09-29-2022 07:53 AM

Nice tickets. I am a little distraught however to see so many in PSA plastic slabs. Surprised you fellas haven't already gotten a scolding from the memorabilia police for not upholding your sacred duty to properly preserve the hobbys history as per recommendations of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

David Atkatz 09-29-2022 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2268459)
Nice tickets. I am a little distraught however to see so many in PSA plastic slabs. Surprised you fellas haven't already gotten a scolding from the memorabilia police for not upholding your sacred duty to properly preserve the hobbys history as per recommendations of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

At least I practice what I preach, Snappy old boy.
Ya know, a Gehrig Appreciation Day stub sold for over $100k last year. Here's mine. No slab.

rlevy 09-29-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2268438)
Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the tickets I am searching for within the Dodger era:

9/10/1958 @ Phillies - HR #1
6/24/1960 @ Braves - HR #9
9/26/1960 vs Giants - HR #25
4/18/1961 vs Cardinals - HR #26

And thank you for looking as well.

Regards,

Butch

Butch, just went through them and unfortunately had no matches (a few close ones, but no direct hits). Sorry. You might try Adleson sports, I know they used to have a lot of ticket stubs,

Rick