Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Show...me...your print variations! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187722)

savedfrommyspokes 01-24-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1741747)
Cool find, will have to pick one up for my fingerprint collection.

Thank you Ben, figured you would look for a copy of this to add to your FP collection.....once you pick up a copy, let me know if the print on this card matches any of the other prints you have collected.

ALR-bishop 01-24-2018 09:21 PM

Ben should send his cards to IAFIS

swarmee 01-25-2018 05:11 AM

I grabbed one last night on COMC and noticed there were a couple more. Wish one of the PSA graded cards on there had the fingerprint already.

sb1 01-25-2018 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsbbcards (Post 1686037)
I tried finding a second copy of this guy, but no luck. I even checked Richard Dingman's list, no luck again. Anyone else have a squashed-white-bug 1959 Topps Jackie Brandt card?

http://www.bobsbbcards.com/images/mi...s297Brandt.jpg

I sold one like it on Ebay a month or so ago

ALR-bishop 01-25-2018 08:36 AM

On or about January 3 to be exact :)

savedfrommyspokes 01-27-2018 03:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Found this 1960 Neal card with limited, but recurring blue print marks on the left side of his face....

savedfrommyspokes 01-27-2018 03:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This 63 Fleer BRobby came today as part of a group of cards I won on ebay....in the images for the listing, it appeared someone had colored the front borders of this card, but the green on the front is actually due to the front having the most profound wet sheet transfer I have ever come across. The green on the front border is very crisp and heavy as compared to other wet sheet transfers I have seen. The green on the front of this card is as dark of a green as I have on some backs of other cards from this set. While I have several 60 Fleer FB this has occurred with, I have never seen this with a 63 Fleer baseball card...anyone have any 63 Fleers like this?

sb1 01-28-2018 01:06 PM

1959 Killebrew

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two more print defects on the 1959 Killebrew, two with a blue comet in the sky and one with a yellow bug at the bottom.

bobsbbcards 01-28-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 1742787)
and one with a yellow bug at the bottom.

A "squashed" yellow bug. :cool:

sb1 01-28-2018 04:44 PM

Quick tally of 59 Killebrews current and recent on ebay, six yellow bugs and only one blue comet, out of 200 examples.

ALR-bishop 01-28-2018 05:20 PM

Bob-- any idea why some bugs in 1959 had yellow and some white innards ?

steve B 01-29-2018 09:32 AM

The "bugs" are the same fault as fisheyes, just caused by more irregular debris. Stuff stuck to the offset blanket get's inked, but causes a dent in the rubber so the area around it doesn't get inked.

If there's a background color like on Killebrew, it shows. Fairly often yellow is left under Magenta to make a nice red.

The one on Brandt is less typical, both for size, and because it doesn't have much of a center. There was probably a larger bit of debris at one time that fell off, but damaged the blanket. Since leaving yellow under the blue would make the card green, there's no background color.

ALR-bishop 01-29-2018 10:27 AM

Steve-- I have great respect for and value your printing expertise, but Bob knows his bugs ;)

I have known him to drive cross country and then catalog the results off his windshield....and attach cards to the windshield wipers as test subjects.

bobsbbcards 01-29-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1743026)
Steve-- I have great respect for and value your printing expertise, but Bob knows his bugs ;)

I have known him to drive cross country and then catalog the results off his windshield....and attach cards to the windshield wipers as test subjects.

In fact, I actually made a Christmas ornament once that turned out so horrible that my kids named it “bugs on a windshield.” Now when we decorate, I get to hear “Okay, who wants to hang bugs on a windshield?” Nobody, that’s who. :rolleyes:

steve B 01-30-2018 10:36 AM

I've been looking for a long time for a fisheye caused by an identifiable bit of debris. There's got to be one caused by an actual bug or moth, maybe even one that still has the bug stuck to the card. No luck so far.

I did see a car once.....
I worked for a Chrysler Plymouth dealer. We got in a Horizon that had a mosquito painted into the top center of the dashboard. Looked like it had just landed when the paint started. When we sold it, we told the buyer we'd have to body shop sand it off and touch up the area so it was perfect.
He declined, he liked the bug being there and wanted to keep it as -is.

savedfrommyspokes 02-01-2018 08:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Not debris on the printing plate, but a print gap.....the black border around the red "A.L." circle has a break.... about 2 out of the 60 I looked through on COMC had this recurring, but limited, gap.

Sliphorn 02-11-2018 02:18 PM

1960 #405 Richardson

1 Attachment(s)
Had seen the mis-alignment of red lettering in the lower version, but had failed (until now) to catch the white inside the Yankee hat, which supposed to be blue.

Cliff Bowman 02-11-2018 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliphorn (Post 1747203)
Had seen the mis-alignment of red lettering in the lower version, but had failed (until now) to catch the white inside the Yankee hat, which supposed to be blue.

Great catch! After looking at several on eBay, COMC, and Dean's Cards, I can say without a doubt that the white hats are gray backs, and the blue hats are white backs. The Richardson is in the series that was printed with both gray and white backs.

ALR-bishop 02-11-2018 03:20 PM

Thomas-- as I recall my uneven letters are on a white back and the white marks in the hat on a gray back. ( could be other way, will check). Also it card be found with red printers mark in upper left border on gray and white back. Do you know if the white marks and uneven letters can be found on both backs ?

Oops, did not see Cliff's post

Cliff Bowman 02-11-2018 03:36 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The same thing affects the other Yankees in the 1960 Topps 375-440 series, Roger Maris and Duke Maas have white hats on the gray backs and blue hats on the white backs, and Art Ditmar has a partially white hat on the gray backs and a completely blue hat on the white backs.

ALR-bishop 02-11-2018 04:40 PM

Damm Yankees. I ended up doing that entire series in both backs for my set.

savedfrommyspokes 02-11-2018 04:55 PM

Nice catches on these Yankee cards....guessing that neither back is less rare than the other.

Does anyone have a Yankees card with one of the "pure" white backs to see how it's front will compare to the GB and regular WB fronts?

savedfrommyspokes 02-12-2018 12:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In looking through some of the GB/WB cards from this series, some appear to have some very subtle cropping differences, especially in the small image to the left on each card. Likely most of the cards in this series will exhibit some sort of minor variation between the GB/WB copies....here are the 383 Wagner GB/WB cards, the GB copy has a small area of white behind his lower right leg, while the WB has a small slice of blue in the same spot. Interestingly, outside of the Yankee cards I looked at, I noticed no differences with the team logos on the cards I viewed (I do not have the entire series with both backs in hand, so I have not viewed all of the cards).

ALR-bishop 02-12-2018 03:07 PM

I have both backs for the entire series but in sheets in a binder and not side by side or one atop other. Rather the white back series is behind the whole set with grays. Not sure why I did that. Will try to get up the motivation to compare them for other differences

ALR-bishop 02-12-2018 03:50 PM

Quick run through. No scans

392 S Jones---red on top of baseball on white, white above baseball on gray

414 Williams--blue at arm on insert right side on gray

427 Grunwald--dot by cap in insert on white

432 Rodgers---noticeably more white shows above logo on gray

Edit---card numbers above are wrong. Will post scans soon

ALR-bishop 02-13-2018 10:02 AM

It could be my imagination but it might be that Mossi's ears are bigger in white back than gray ;)

savedfrommyspokes 02-13-2018 11:06 AM

Mossi's ears are always bigger in my right side view mirror......

SMPEP 02-13-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1741765)
Ben should send his cards to IAFIS

I actually contacted the director of IAFIS about a fingerprint card once and asked him if they would help. They said no. I figured they'd like good publicity. What did I know.

bobsbbcards 02-13-2018 05:56 PM

Can someone please post a scan of a 1967 Topps Joe Moeller white streak variation? I thought I knew what I was looking for, but PSA says otherwise. :rolleyes:

ALR-bishop 02-14-2018 03:35 PM

67 Moeller

Bob---as you know the Standard Catalog mentions white streak between M and cap, but the only thing I have found so far for my set is like the one in this listing

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/...ivd/s-l225.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-TOPPS-...AAAOSwK6RZGivd

ALR-bishop 02-14-2018 04:55 PM

Moeller

Found this

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...d4wwjIE_iJJSNu

Cliff Bowman 02-14-2018 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've always understood the "white streak" to be the one on the left, a faint white streak that goes through the E and R of his last name and through the LA on his cap.

ALR-bishop 02-14-2018 08:17 PM

Apparently PSA agrees with you Cliff. The blob version seems more distinctive to me

bobsbbcards 02-14-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1748164)
Apparently PSA agrees with you Cliff. The blob version seems more distinctive to me

Not all the time. I sent one to PSA a few months ago that completely matches the one on the left, and I marked it WHITE STREAK. PSA slabbed it as NO WHITE STREAK. :mad:

ALR-bishop 02-14-2018 08:55 PM

It is one thing for a person who really does not know much about cards to grade their condition, but when it comes to odd ball stuff and variations I have little faith in graders to know what they are grading.

Neither the blob or streak versions of the Moeller card would have made Lemke's updated view of a variation. Both are scarce print defects just like hundreds of others in this thread not recognized by PSA. In fact, the Moeller is far less distinctive than most of them....like your squashed bug Brandt :)

bobsbbcards 02-15-2018 07:22 AM

http://www.bobsbbcards.com/images/ba...49bMoeller.jpg

:mad:

ALR-bishop 02-15-2018 07:32 AM

I would sympathize with the graders that this one is tough to spot , and likely should not be a variation either in SCD or the Registry, but if PSA is going to include they should have someone on staff that knows what it is or isn't.

To me the blob version is more distinctive and easier to identify. In fact ,even the blue dot by the cap thing posted by Cliff above is more interesting to me :eek: Is that recurring too ?

I like collecting variants but this one is a dud even for me.

ALR-bishop 02-15-2018 09:28 AM

Here are the 4 Topps 1960 cards I mentioned in post 985. In each case the gray back is on top and white back on bottom

--On Grunwald 427, there is dot to right of his cap in insert on white back

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6ohxjkqq.jpg

--On Rodgers, 431, the white mark just above the logo in lower left is bigger in gray back version

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...psnbow0lgu.jpg

--On Jones, 410, there is minor white area above the logo on gray back and a red area in the ball within the logo on white back

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...pstagho5xm.jpg

--On Williams, 414, there is a line/mark at end of his truncated arm in insert on gray back. Looks blueish to me in hand

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...pssmu9h8ze.jpg

I have not looked at the backs of all the cards in the series to see if there are differences beyond the stock differences. And would not be surprised if I missed other front differences

Prof_Plum 02-15-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsbbcards (Post 1748230)

That makes no sense. I mean why even have "no white streak" on the flip. Are they going to designate all regular versions as "no white streak" ??????

Just curious are there other "no XXXXXX" labels with regards to versions?

ALR-bishop 02-15-2018 11:43 AM

,,,,to tick Bob off. It worked :)

steve B 02-15-2018 02:52 PM

Rogers, Jones and Williams are registration issues, not actual cropping differences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1748267)
Here are the 4 Topps 1960 cards I mentioned in post 985. In each case the gray back is on top and white back on bottom

--On Grunwald 427, there is dot to right of his cap in insert on white back

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6ohxjkqq.jpg

--On Rodgers, 431, the white mark just above the logo in lower left is bigger in gray back version

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...psnbow0lgu.jpg

--On Jones, 410, there is minor white area above the logo on gray back and a red area in the ball within the logo on white back

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...pstagho5xm.jpg

--On Williams, 414, there is a line/mark at end of his truncated arm in insert on gray back. Looks blueish to me in hand

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...pssmu9h8ze.jpg

I have not looked at the backs of all the cards in the series to see if there are differences beyond the stock differences. And would not be surprised if I missed other front differences

ALR-bishop 02-15-2018 03:47 PM

Don’t disagree at all. Most of the cards posted in this thread are just recurring print defects of one kind or another.

4reals 02-17-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1748394)
Don’t disagree at all. Most of the cards posted in this thread are just recurring print defects of one kind or another.

That is true, however, every so often we are exposed to a nugget. I’ve been out of commission for a while but came out of hiding to share this 1960 Morrell crop variation of good ‘ol Charlie Neal (see scoreboard in background).
In the same set I have also seen crop variations of the Furillo (backstop poles), the Alston (yellow steps/number of fans in seats), the Moon (player jersey number/number of arches), and Koufax (size of flag pole tower).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...120bb8e38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett 75 02-17-2018 06:32 AM

Seeing red

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if I put this one up or not after looking through over half the post to find it I gave up. Here is an interesting one of the red birds.

ALR-bishop 02-17-2018 07:38 AM

That's a true red bird card. Anyone know if that was a DP card. I have seen one seller pointing out a recuring cropping difference on that and other 61 cards in which there is a spacing difference between the names and team designations, or in this case the names and the title

swarmee 02-17-2018 11:21 AM

Just picked up this partial red pass on Pete Rose:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/G8cAA...dlm/s-l800.jpg

ALR-bishop 02-17-2018 12:15 PM

I am not a graded collector but if a card was otherwise a 10 what deduction would it get for such a print defect, if any ?

swarmee 02-17-2018 01:43 PM

Kind of a grader's discretion. If they consider it a "print defect", it would get a PSA 9 (PD) and count the same for the registry as a 7. If the submitter requested no qualifiers, it could drop even lower. Or it could stay a 10 if the grader doesn't think it's a print defect.

savedfrommyspokes 02-17-2018 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1748839)
Just picked up this partial red pass on Pete Rose:

Funny you posted this Rose with the missing red pass, just the other day I came across this 77 A-ROD (the original) card with what appears to be the same missing pass.

Also found this 68 Cap Patterson with tons of extra blue.....his left arm just blends in with the sky.

Sliphorn 02-19-2018 06:03 PM

1961 #393

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a similar item to the card above only with Cubs. Over printing?

savedfrommyspokes 02-21-2018 07:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The extra "white cloud" above the trees on this 68 Curt Flood card has been noted as a print variation, but until today, I had not noticed that this print variation has variations. The cloud appears to come in various sizes. I wondered if this cloud was similar to the cloud appearing on the 461-492 68 Topps cards. However, the Belanger card to the left of the Flood card does not appear to have a cloud appearing on it's right edge to match the Flood card's cloud.

ALR-bishop 02-21-2018 09:33 AM

Wonder if this defect shows up on any versions of his MB cards. It does not appear on the one in my MB set

savedfrommyspokes 02-21-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1749927)
Wonder if this defect shows up on any versions of his MB cards. It does not appear on the one in my MB set

The variable clouds do not show up on my MB copy either or on any of the other MB copies of this card I have handled over the years. Based on how the MB cards were produced (on a sheet with FB and HR cards)separate from regular Topps cards, my guess is that this print variation is only going to be found on regular issued cards.

Exhibitman 02-21-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1742522)
This 63 Fleer BRobby came today as part of a group of cards I won on ebay....in the images for the listing, it appeared someone had colored the front borders of this card, but the green on the front is actually due to the front having the most profound wet sheet transfer I have ever come across. The green on the front border is very crisp and heavy as compared to other wet sheet transfers I have seen. The green on the front of this card is as dark of a green as I have on some backs of other cards from this set. While I have several 60 Fleer FB this has occurred with, I have never seen this with a 63 Fleer baseball card...anyone have any 63 Fleers like this?

I don't think that is a wet sheet transfer with two colors. More likely explanation is they ran the sheet through to clear the press during some sort of maintenance or set-up and then accidentally used it in the run rather than scrapping it.

savedfrommyspokes 02-21-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1749947)
I don't think that is a wet sheet transfer with two colors. More likely explanation is they ran the sheet through to clear the press during some sort of maintenance or set-up and then accidentally used it in the run rather than scrapping it.

Originally, I thought the same thing. But all of the print is mirror imaged (as it would be with a wet sheet transfer). Now, I am not a print process expert, but if the printer ran this sheet through to clear the press and caused this, wouldn't the printed portion appear normally instead of mirror imaged?

This card could also be caused by a combination of a wet sheet transfer (the mirror imaged print) and running the sheet back through the press (the green border) for some reason.

steve B 02-21-2018 03:44 PM

Most of the very clear wet sheet transfers are actually cylinder impressions.

The inked plate prints to the offset blanket, and that prints to the cardstock or paper, backed up by the impression cylinder, basically a smooth steel roller. Without it, imagine the difference between using a rubber stamp on a paper placed on a desk compared to a paper you're just holding.

If there's a misfeed, or some other reason the press runs without a sheet being between the offset blanket and the impression cylinder the offset sheet prints to the impression cylinder.
The next sheet, possibly more, but at a minimum the next sheet gets pressed against the impression cylinder by the offset blanket (Loads of force there!)
And that prints to the reverse side of that sheet.

swarmee 02-21-2018 04:40 PM

Is this one well-known yet?
https://img.comc.com/i/Baseball/1953...&size=original
1953 Bowman Color - [Base] #1 - Davey Williams [Good*to*VG‑EX]
Courtesy of COMC.com
Three dots on bottom left corner of 1953 Bowman Color #1 Davey Williams. Recurring print defect. 3 of the 18 or so on COMC have it.

ALR-bishop 02-21-2018 06:08 PM

It's much better known now, John :)

swarmee 02-21-2018 06:24 PM

For some reason my Copy/Paste buffer still had a Jerry Rice card I posted yesterday. Did you use the "wayback machine" to see the pre-edit or just happen to see it during the minute it was Rice?

savedfrommyspokes 02-22-2018 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Came across this card today....the back caught my attention first. As I flipped through the lot of cards this was card was a part of, I saw #25 and thought I had a Whitey Ford card. Not to be, the back was Tom Surdivant(?), and the front was Pete Runnels. It appears the front of Runnels card may have been pasted on the Sturdivant back. However, still curious about the #25 Sturdivant, I turned this up:

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/2012/02/20/2114902/

This Sturdivant portion of this card is part of a 57 Topps salesman panel....does anyone know what the front of this panel looks like?

cardinalcollector 02-22-2018 08:25 AM

ALR-bishop 02-22-2018 08:29 AM

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...psvgvtowi4.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...psi60widdj.jpg

savedfrommyspokes 02-22-2018 08:36 AM

Thank you Al, I figured you would have this panel. It looks like someone pasted the Runnels over Hal Smith....not sure why though

ALR-bishop 02-22-2018 08:49 AM

Did Hal have an ex wife ?

Sliphorn 02-22-2018 10:20 AM

1957 Ad Strip

4 Attachment(s)
Seeing the ad strip, lets me know now that the error card I bought was from a strip. I will attach it and, the surprising OV showing Joe DeMaestri. I also am pasting in a card I stupidly had cut out of an ad strip given to me by a rep in 1957 showing Frank Robinson and the back of it. Who knows who were the other two as they were not Reds, and thus not interesting to me as a 10-year old.

savedfrommyspokes 02-22-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1750293)
Did Hal have an ex wife ?

It could have been his arch nemesis, the "other" Hal Smith of the Cardinals.

savedfrommyspokes 02-22-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliphorn (Post 1750322)
Seeing the ad strip, lets me know now that the error card I bought was from a strip. I will attach it and, the surprising OV showing Joe DeMaestri. I also am pasting in a card I stupidly had cut out of an ad strip given to me by a rep in 1957 showing Frank Robinson and the back of it. Who knows who were the other two as they were not Reds, and thus not interesting to me as a 10-year old.

Thomas, is the DeMaestri on the front side of the Sturdivant back card? If so, I wonder how many different combinations of these sales man strips are out there?

steve B 02-22-2018 11:11 AM

If they printed the backs onto regular sheet fronts, probably 36, depending on the exact layout and if they used a full 264 card sheet or a 132 card half sheet.
If they used a different size sheet it could be just about any number.

ALR-bishop 02-22-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1750326)
It could have been his arch nemesis, the "other" Hal Smith of the Cardinals.

That could then possibly explain the 3 versions of the Hal Smith 1960 Leaf card, including the black out version...retailiation

Sliphorn 02-23-2018 08:12 AM

1957 Ad Panel

YES, DeMasetri is on the front and that is why I pasted it into the little collection. Why Robinson has an ad back instead of some other back, like the one we both have, is beyond me. This is great to learn though as I was always wondering why the card back had the wrong number, different cartoon, etc. Now it makes sense. I also passed on buying other versions of these cards due to price so there are many more most likely.

sb1 02-24-2018 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not really a variation, but a 1960 Topps Ernie Banks with the bottom edge of the sheet showing some of the margin notes from the full sheet. Banks must have been on different positions of the sheet as very few examples with extra large bottom borders have the notations.

Cliff Bowman 02-24-2018 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 1751155)
Not really a variation, but a 1960 Topps Ernie Banks with the bottom edge of the sheet showing some of the margin notes from the full sheet. Banks must have been on different positions of the sheet as very few examples with extra large bottom borders have the notations.

It has been discussed here a few times, here is one that shows more of it to where it can be made out to be 'SECTION I'.

ALR-bishop 02-24-2018 08:47 PM

Certainly not an intended change but not really a print defect either. Something else. Agree several versions appear in here somewhere :)

Cliff Bowman 02-26-2018 07:14 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1748881)
Funny you posted this Rose with the missing red pass, just the other day I came across this 77 A-ROD (the original) card with what appears to be the same missing pass.

I may have officially jumped the printing flaw/variation shark with these, but they are fun and challenging to look for. A recurring print flaw on the 1977 sheet with Robin Yount and Carlton Fisk affected about 48 cards, four vertical rows of 12. I still need examples of Larry Biittner, Charlie Williams, Robin Yount, Bruce Boisclair, Andres Mora, Gaylord Perry, Jim Bibby, Eric Rasmussen, Gary Thomasson, and Ron Hodges.

swarmee 02-27-2018 04:26 AM

https://img.comc.com/i/Baseball/1977...&size=original
1977 Topps - [Base] #635 - Robin Yount
Courtesy of COMC.com

This is probably the Yount: item 5109687 because the photo is washed out. Hard to tell on this one because there's not a lot of red in the image. But it sort of looks like the 1962 Green Tints with less definition throughout the image. Do you need the Rose I posted?

savedfrommyspokes 02-27-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1752047)
I may have officially jumped the printing flaw/variation shark with these, but they are fun and challenging to look for. A recurring print flaw on the 1977 sheet with Robin Yount and Carlton Fisk affected about 48 cards, four vertical rows of 12. I still need examples of Larry Biittner, Charlie Williams, Robin Yount, Bruce Boisclair, Andres Mora, Gaylord Perry, Jim Bibby, Eric Rasmussen, Gary Thomasson, and Ron Hodges.

As always, nice work Cliff....I have about 25k 77 commons in my attic I have not touched in 15 years, guess I should take some time and go through them.

4reals 02-27-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1752047)

The picture of the sheet helps a lot Cliff! I have obtained a couple different versions of the E-Rod for my Dodgers collection over the years.

bnorth 02-27-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4reals (Post 1752284)
The picture of the sheet helps a lot Cliff! I have obtained a couple different versions of the E-Rod for my Dodgers collection over the years.

+1 on the picture helping. I just picked up the Fisk for my Fisk error collection.:)

savedfrommyspokes 02-27-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1752414)
+1 on the picture helping. I just picked up the Fisk for my Fisk error collection.:)

That's cool Ben, but just how many Fisk errors are out there?

bnorth 02-27-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1752473)
That's cool Ben, but just how many Fisk errors are out there?

I just pick up weird print errors of some players. I picked up a Fisk rookie with a print offset a few years ago. Now I add his print error cards when I see them cheap. The very strange part is most of the players I do that with I don't even like. As an example I have an insane Randy Johnson collection and I hated him as a player.:eek: