Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Anyone Else Collecting a 1987 Topps Autographed Set? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201961)

Republicaninmass 04-01-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDice (Post 1521874)
Try finding a 1957 Dodgers Sluggers card signed by Furillo, Dodgers, Campy and Snider...

I passed on one, even though it had a, get this, 'non-malicious secretarial' Campanella. It was the closest I've ever seen. Also, it has been in my radar to find signed for 20+ years!

egri 04-01-2016 03:54 PM

Worng thread, sorry.

mantleman 04-01-2016 05:02 PM

Pics

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of two I got in the mail today!!

Andy

Topps206 04-01-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1521786)
I certainly don't mean to come across as high and mighty.

I see that leaders cards would be signed, I assume by the players pictured, but who would sign the checklist card? If it's any player listed on the card, then don't you need to get a card signed by every player in oder to have a complete set?

Ultimately, I'm just asking for pictures of your new pickups, instead of a list of what you are picking up. If that comes across as high and mighty, well sorry.

Doug "watching you all from atop my mountain" Goodman

Any player on the card can sign a checklist. Same for Leaders if pictured.

Much as I'd love to provide pictorial proof, it's complicated.

doug.goodman 04-02-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topps206 (Post 1522114)
Any player on the card can sign a checklist. Same for Leaders if pictured.

Much as I'd love to provide pictorial proof, it's complicated.

I'm not looking for "proof", I believe you, I just like seeing pictures of stuff when people get things. If you can't, then you can't, not that big of a deal.

When I collected Topps cards, I considered a complete set to include all variations (black & red backs for the 1952 lo numbers, as an example).

Using similar logic, if I collected autographed sets (which I don't) I would consider a checklist to be a card that didn't need to be signed, because it doesn't have a picture. IF I was going to get a player listed on the card to sign it, then my complete-ist nature would cause me to need a card signed by EACH player listed, which obviously would get cumbersome (to say the least).

For cards that have a deceased player, I would consider them as cards that don't need to be signed to have a "complete" set, but getting somebody related to sign it would be a bonus.

But I could be wrong, there are no "rules", I understand that,
Doug "still sitting on my mountain" Goodman

doug.goodman 04-02-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Garner (Post 1521811)
How's the view up there, Doug? :p

I spent 14 hours stuck at a truckstop in Rock Springs, Wyoming a couple days ago, when I-80 was closed in both directions, the view was crap.

Topps206 04-02-2016 08:42 PM

I guess we just have our own personal rules. I have my own.

#1 Get the player to sign their base card.

#2 At least one person depicted must sign a Leaders card.

#3 One player on the checklist must sign it.

#4 Deceased players do count in helping me toward my set. While I will not obsess over them, they are important and would have my sights set for a decent price.

So maybe to you personally that criteria wouldn't work if you did a set. With my criteria, that's how I have the number I do.

mantleman 04-04-2016 01:57 PM

1987 topps ttm

1 Attachment(s)
Two new ones in the mail today!!!

Topps206 04-04-2016 03:45 PM

It's now 267.

Hal Lanier
Frank Viola
Frank Viola Twins Leaders

Topps206 04-05-2016 02:45 PM

I forgot I sent to Ed Hearn. Back today makes it 268.