Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GrandSlamBids.com Alpha Testing Open (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=119868)

Leon 01-23-2010 10:59 AM

Hey Fred

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 777343)
Just want to let everyone know I have entered another couple of T206's since we went LIVE and we have until Sun to continue & enter more new listings. I plan to do so & I hope the other Alpha listers will also!

In an effort to test all the functions & at the same time create continued interest in the site I have also lowered the price points on several of my listings, so for those of you who have visited, visit again the next few days--and for those that haven't visited at all yet, TREAT YOURSELF & come in & look around!

Hey Fred
We just approved your latest batch of auctions. So far so good (knock on wood) as to how things are going. We are very, very (cautiously) pleased at this point. We have received some really good feedback and will be working to improve the experience as much as possible. At the same time I also believe believe in the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) concept method, so that will always be kept in mind as we evolve. The last thing is that it looks like the one issue that is happening a little bit is that the registration email(s) are going to spam folders. If anyone has registered and not gotten approved by now, then we haven't received your confirmation email back. There are no registrations in our "need to approve" queue as of now. Happy collecting!! best regards

iggyman 01-26-2010 12:41 PM

One question, how can I see the ended stuff (completed auctions)???

Lovely Day...

Leon 01-26-2010 01:50 PM

Iggy

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggyman (Post 778046)
One question, how can I see the ended stuff (completed auctions)???

Lovely Day...

There is an advanced search at the top of the page....when you click it there is a box that says "opened" or "closed" auctions.....some of the auctions were pre-testing so be careful as those prices were when it was not open at all....they were pre pre-test :)
thanks
leon

http://www.grandslambids.com/search.php

iggyman 01-26-2010 02:32 PM

Thank you "Mr. Grand Slam Rep". It's always nice to have an interactive 24-hour help line.

Oh by the way, stupendous job on the site. Somebody (or bodies) did alot of work, it really is first rate. My only nitpick complaint (great set-up, wouldn't you say....), is the snipe tool being built right into the bidding menu. It makes it way too easy to snipe. Fantastic for a buyer but a bit aggravating for a seller (or at least nerve rattling).

I'm not sure what the solution should be??? But with the snipe tool so "handy," you are basically endorsing sniping, and I'm not sure that is so great for both the auction house and the seller.

Lovely Day...

iggyman 01-26-2010 04:01 PM

Okay, after a little brain-storming how about putting some "pizazz" into the "snipe" tool. If the auction house is going to endorse it, how about adding some cow bells and whistles into the snipe process??? For instance, letting both the seller and bidder know that a snipe was placed on an item. Heck, a counter with the number of unique snipes on an item would be cool and exciting. This would give the current bidder and potential sniper something to think about. Plus, give the seller some hope (perhaps false hope, but so be it....).

Lovely Day...

Matt 01-26-2010 04:24 PM

Please bring the sniping discussion over to the GrandSlamBids forum; it's a good one to have.

rhettyeakley 01-26-2010 05:36 PM

Iggy, as one of the alpha sellers, there is a place on the site where it tells me whether snipes have been set (& how many) on each item.

Abravefan11 01-29-2010 11:08 PM

If you won one of my auctions last night Paypal is OK.

Abravefan@msn.com

I will ship all cards on Monday.

Sorry I didn't respond via the site but I'm out of town and can't figure out how to do that via my phone.

Thank you for bidding.

John V 01-31-2010 06:41 AM

Topic moved to GrandSlamBids.com