Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   REA Gary Cooper (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=167897)

shelly 04-30-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1125087)
I said it before and I believe it to be true...they make a lot of money off of the forgers. If there were no forgery there would be no need for TPA's.

That was even too profond for me.:D

prewarsports 04-30-2013 03:31 PM

Just so you guys know, I was not commenting AT ALL on the signature itself, I have not even glanced at the autograph in question so trust me when I say I have no pinion on it whatsoever. I was simply stating the caveat that you cant go by "family" alone.

Question Family members the same way you should question TPA's, do all your homework YOURSELF and if you feel comfortable with all evidence and opinions taken into account, you will be right as often or more often than with Baseball Cards (considering trimming and restoration etc).

I probably should have put this in the first post because its obvious now that people think my post was an endorsement of the signature. If Jim and others who know Ruth better than me say its bad, it probably is. I was ONLY commenting on the family aspect of it and hopefully I did not ruffle too many feathers!

Rhys

Forever Young 04-30-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 1125121)
Just so you guys know, I was not commenting AT ALL on the signature itself, I have not even glanced at the autograph in question so trust me when I say I have no pinion on it whatsoever. I was simply stating the caveat that you cant go by "family" alone.

Question Family members the same way you should question TPA's, do all your homework YOURSELF and if you feel comfortable with all evidence and opinions taken into account, you will be right as often or more often than with Baseball Cards (considering trimming and restoration etc).

I probably should have put this in the first post because its obvious now that people think my post was an endorsement of the signature. If Jim and others who know Ruth better than me say its bad, it probably is. I was ONLY commenting on the family aspect of it and hopefully I did not ruffle too many feathers!

Rhys

Rhys,

I think anyone who knows you and/or looking at your statement objectively knew what you meant. It was a great point in general terms.

shelly 04-30-2013 04:19 PM

No feathers ruffled. In fact it help me check a few more things out. :)

Runscott 04-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1125031)
and the forgers in their basements perfecting their craft on ruths and gehrigs, it won't be for the "cooper ruth" where the lineage can possibly be traced back. it will be some bland 3x5 or scuffled reach ball, so at the end of the day it'll be whether the sig is good or not...and as often the time comes like the ruth 700th hr ticket you'll have some experts believe it's good while others don't.

:confused: This thread is ABOUT a Ruth on a Cooper photo, that many people here think looks pretty much perfect. You yourself discounted the provenance of the family's word! If you had the cash in hand, and none of us were here to tell you to do otherwise, I'm guessing you might be high bidder right now.

Edited to add: You know no one's going to cut you much slack in a thread like this. I hope you have thick skin :) I also appreciate yours and Rhys' 'glass half-full' approach to viewing autographs. It's certainly a more positive way of looking at them, but I guess my 'half empty' view will leave me Ruthless in Seattle. Yes...finally got to use that one.

Runscott 04-30-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1125130)
Rhys,

I think anyone who knows you and/or looking at your statement objectively knew what you meant. It was a great point in general terms.

+1

shelly 05-07-2013 11:47 AM

Just so you know REA just posted and updated cert from Jimmey. That is like going to the dentist that just took out your tooth and asking him if he pulled it or not. What else is he going to say but yes.:eek:
This is where somone with any knowledge would say. Stay far far away.

travrosty 05-07-2013 03:15 PM

its an auction loa and you can upgrade it to a full loa for 50 dollars.