Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Murray Chass slams Peter Nash (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=168144)

Eric72 05-10-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 1129210)
I think the point most are making is that until he comes clean or at least addresses his own transgressions (in the same area I might add), it's a little tough to embrace his crusade. It doesn't make anything he says necessarily false, it's just a little hard to take on some level.

Jeff,

I understand where you're coming from. By all accounts, it seems as though there is a pot calling a kettle black.

Putting aside the crusade for a moment, I believe the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum were mentioned earlier in this thread. Were they recipients of items that may be suspect?

If that's true, I think they have an obligation to get to bottom of this. If not, then I apologize for going on a tangent.

Best,

Eric

Eric72 05-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 (Post 1129215)

...the number of low life accusers who believe the web grants permission to write and say whatever they want about whomever they want is disappointing.

The guilty ones, like the dictator of North Korea, instill fear in all, and hope that no one will notice that the real purpose of their posts is to cover their crimes, bad debt and lies that are the canvass of their life. Perhaps, we need to return to the days of the Old West, and literally hang the scum of the hobby out to dry.

Like terrorists, these liars deserve no mercy. They will make good target practice for the NRA. Long live the hobby!

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List

Bruce,

Please...don't hold back. Say what you really mean. :)

Best Regards,

Eric

wonkaticket 05-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

I have had the great fortune of being a 30- year collector. I have had the opportunity to meet a plethora of world class collectors, some brilliant dealers and more than a few scoundrels along the way.

As I have started to wind down (for personal reasons). the number of low life
accusers who believe the web grants permission to write and say whatever they want about whomever they want is disappointing.

The guilty ones, like the dictator of North Korea, instill fear in all, and hope that no one will notice that the real purpose of their posts is to cover their crimes, bad debt and lies that are the canvass of their life. Perhaps, we need to return to the days of the Old West, and literally hang the scum of the hobby out to dry.

Like terrorists, these liars deserve no mercy. They will make good target practice for the NRA. Long live the hobby!

Bruce Dorskind

Huge +1, well said Mr. Dorskind

deadballfreaK 05-11-2013 03:47 AM

Damn, I am ignorant. Been sitting here in my own little collecting world. Completely lost. Never heard of any of these people (Chass, Nash? Never heard of em and don't want to) and could care less if rap and hip hop is involved. That stuff must be way over my head. I'll stick to Pink Floyd and buying cards I like.

Rich Klein 05-11-2013 06:42 AM

It's good to see Bruce has lost

None of his fire

Paul S 05-11-2013 06:55 AM

Interesting to read Bruce in 1st person singular. :)

HRBAKER 05-11-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1129339)
Interesting to read Bruce in 1st person singular. :)

Part of "winding down" I guess.

slidekellyslide 05-11-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

I have had the great fortune of being a 30- year collector. I have had the opportunity to meet a plethora of world class collectors, some brilliant dealers and more than a few scoundrels along the way.

As I have started to wind down (for personal reasons). the number of low life
accusers who believe the web grants permission to write and say whatever they want about whomever they want is disappointing.

Bruce Dorskind

Old Skool Bruce without all the "we" and "Whilst".... :D

Cardboard Junkie 05-14-2013 03:47 PM

Did one of the Bruces pass away? So sad:(. My condolences. Dave.