Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My B/S/T Live Auction Complaint (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=198357)

Jayworld 12-14-2014 05:00 PM

I enjoy this forum so much for the knowledge that members have and for the moderation that Leon provides... I've bought and also sold on the B/S/T and also had some auctions; I think if the seller doesn't have any rules stated on the auction (i.e. bid increments), then bid what you want. If the seller lists bid increment prices, shipping, etc. then that's up to the seller.

If you don't like the terms of the auction, then don't bid; conversely, if you do, knock yourself out.

Best forum on the web...

ATP 12-14-2014 05:05 PM

FWIW, I was the winner of the Titus in discussion. I won it by $15, but if I thought I could have had it for less I would have bid less, no offense to the seller. I thought there might have been another bidder at the end, so I wanted some room for a bid or two competing. If it were ebay he wouldn't have received my high bid amount, only a dollar over the next highest bid so that is great for him. An auction is an auction, highest bid wins per whatever rules are set, end of story.

ALR-bishop 12-14-2014 05:19 PM

Incremental

I am an incrementalist. I admit it.

tribefan 12-14-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 1354763)
I enjoy this forum so much for the knowledge that members have and for the moderation that Leon provides... I've bought and also sold on the B/S/T and also had some auctions; I think if the seller doesn't have any rules stated on the auction (i.e. bid increments), then bid what you want. If the seller lists bid increment prices, shipping, etc. then that's up to the seller.

If you don't like the terms of the auction, then don't bid; conversely, if you do, knock yourself out.

Best forum on the web...

+1 all around

Huysmans 12-14-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1354771)
I am an incrementalist. I admit it.

I am a decrementalist. Let our two kung-fu styles do battle!!! 😁

Jcfowler6 12-14-2014 10:54 PM

Maybe the bidder should have increased by $26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toledo_mudhen 12-15-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1354564)
David, I don't have a problem with the dollar increment. Ebay would let you raise it by a dollar. Just because the previous guys jumped it up so much doesn't compel me to follow suit.

I consistently lose eBay auctions by amounts like fifty cents (lower priced items $10-$20 range). Almost always these are the direct result of some "snipe" software coming in at 2-3 seconds left to go in the auction. You wanna talk about irritation - that's irritation.

1952boyntoncollector 12-15-2014 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen (Post 1354932)
I consistently lose eBay auctions by amounts like fifty cents (lower priced items $10-$20 range). Almost always these are the direct result of some "snipe" software coming in at 2-3 seconds left to go in the auction. You wanna talk about irritation - that's irritation.

just need to do a maximum bid higher..no reason not to....if you bid 100 more than the next guy, you wont win the item by 100 on a 200 dollar card you will win by a dollar or 2...

frankbmd 12-15-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1354944)
just need to do a maximum bid higher..no reason not to....if you bid 100 more than the next guy, you wont win the item by 100 on a 200 dollar card you will win by a dollar or 2...

unless of course there are two bidders with the same strategy and then one of the two will pay the extra hundred.;)

drmondobueno 12-15-2014 10:30 AM

Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1354638)
Concerning Paul's comment above, We're going downhill quickly. :eek:

Never happens here. Imagine that.