Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Astros sign stealing suspensions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=278107)

Jay Wolt 03-18-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1946823)
Wow.

The Red Sox and Alex Cora better be preparing for the next round...

What was the Red Sox punishment? I musta missed it

todeen 03-18-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Wolt (Post 1963097)
What was the Red Sox punishment? I musta missed it

I don't think it's been released. They keep pushing it back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

vintagetoppsguy 05-12-2022 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1946833)
I found the Astros punishment to be really weak. I mean, 5 million dollar fine? That's like fining me 5 bucks. If they really wanted to end cheating tomorrow, they'd lower the Astros luxury tax threshold by 30 million for the next decade and let them bleed.

Since you found the Astros punishment to be really weak, how do you think the Yankees should be punished given what has come to light?

I find it funny how so many people voiced their opinions about the Astros cheating scandal, but are dead silent about the Yankees cheating scandal.

butchie_t 05-12-2022 06:48 AM

I don't like the fact that no team, player, manager, etc. got punished enough once it all came to light. MLB pretty much threw a blind eye to the entire thing and just wanted it to go away. Effectively wrist slaps and come on back and play.

Pete Rose, who is no saint in my book. Did much less in comparison and he was/is ostracized and shunned for his actions. IMHO

Everyone involved in cheating at this level should be facing a lifetime ban from the sport. But that will never happen.

Bring back the Mountain, he'll set things right.

My take on this cheating crap.

My take on why Houston has more focus than other teams is because they won the Series and were cheating. Still does not absolve any other team for doing this BTW.

Butch Turner

Hxcmilkshake 05-12-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 2224130)
Since you found the Astros punishment to be really weak, how do you think the Yankees should be punished given what has come to light?

I find it funny how so many people voiced their opinions about the Astros cheating scandal, but are dead silent about the Yankees cheating scandal.

Yankees were punished. Astros were more bold and brazen with their actions so yeah they are getting killed. And they won so that adds to it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

vintagetoppsguy 05-12-2022 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake (Post 2224134)
Yankees were punished. Astros were more bold and brazen with their actions so yeah they are getting killed. And they won so that adds to it.

How were they punished? As far as I can tell, they were only fined $100K...unless I missed something else.

Besides, I think my point was missed. Here's a guy saying, "I found the Astros punishment to be really weak" but is absolutely silent when his own team gets caught. Do you not see the irony?

Hxcmilkshake 05-12-2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 2224135)
How were they punished? As far as I can tell, they were only fined $100K...unless I missed something else.

Nope. Thats right.

BobC 05-12-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 2224135)

Besides, I think my point was missed. Here's a guy saying, "I found the Astros punishment to be really weak" but is absolutely silent when his own team gets caught. Do you not see the irony?

Dave,

The more correct term you're looking for isn't irony, its hypocrisy!

Jim65 05-12-2022 09:27 AM

While both situations were against the rules, the Astros cheated after the Commissioners memo warning teams there would be severe punishment for electronic sign stealing. They were warned but did it any way, thats why the team, GM and manager were punished more harshly.

egri 05-13-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 2224130)

While I've also noticed packs's selective blindness, he's only posted on the forum five times since October. I think that's the reason for his silence here.