Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cash only and bank failures possible? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=335431)

homerunhitter 04-07-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2425145)
I remember making chains out of the old pull tops so they will be extremely useful.

Awesome! I can put them on my tires to drive through the snow! Since there will probably be no tv due to no electricity, I think board games will be in high demand. I think I’m going to invest in board games to sell (when they are in high demand) like monopoly, connect four, twister, operation, chutes and ladder, candyland and battleship! I will be rich thanks to all the wonderful advice here! I like GOOOLLLDDD!!

NiceDocter 04-07-2024 05:42 PM

Daughter says

My 32 year old daughter asked me if these things come to
pass will her Beanie Babies go down in value? I didn’t have to heart to tell her……

bnorth 04-07-2024 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by homerunhitter (Post 2425144)
Yes, and I make a great possum stew and also figgy pudding! (Grandma Ethel’s family recipe) I just wonder if my collection of soda pop can pull tops will come in handy?

They have these new fangled pop tops that you can make fishing hooks out of.

MooseDog 04-08-2024 11:29 AM

Like any other cash-involved business, a huge amount of restaurant cash sales go unreported for tax purposes.

Processing fees for a merchant-based credit card system shouldn't be more than 3% plus maybe a transaction fee of 20-50 cents. That's about a $1-1.50 on a $30 order. If they are paying more than that they are getting robbed by their processor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 2340421)
And during the pandemic, another favorite restaurant went cash only for eat in but still takes cards for pickup. Both said it was because of the processing fees.

ALR-bishop 04-08-2024 01:53 PM

Leaf 1960 marbles are what you need come hard times. And second series marbles are the most valuable

steve B 04-10-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 2425282)
Like any other cash-involved business, a huge amount of restaurant cash sales go unreported for tax purposes.

Processing fees for a merchant-based credit card system shouldn't be more than 3% plus maybe a transaction fee of 20-50 cents. That's about a $1-1.50 on a $30 order. If they are paying more than that they are getting robbed by their processor.

A few places around here went to cash only. They have an ATM inside, which charges a fee, so I figure they're getting a bit of savings, and a bit of the fee.

Eating out at the lower end has gotten expensive.

I figure credit cards are an expense any retail sort of place just has to deal with. The Bike shop was cash only until I had the kid working weekends make notes on what went unbought because we didn't take cards. First day was $400, and we were a tiny place.
The owner got a credit card deal a couple weeks later.
We had a strange setup, I think we may have been the last lace with the old physical forms and slider.
At the time it was weird, we were getting a worse deal than I had just by having Paypal, which I thught was high.
And a monthly fee if we took no card payments that month. Once we got the modern card reader part of my job was to go in once a month during the winter and charge a soda to my card. Cost us more than the Coke, but saved the $35 fee....
Yeah, it was a weird place.

CA Esq 04-10-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerunhitter (Post 2340103)
Hello,
I love the vast knowledge and great wealth of experience you guys have here so I ask this question (because I know you guys will give a honest, straight forward answer) based on what I am reading on the internet, my question is:

That's the problem right there.