Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   auction turnaround (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=77606)

Archive 07-10-2005 07:17 AM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>i will say it again, this is not about scott.<br />it is about information being disclosed by major auction houses.<br />very nice work mark g. .....very interesting<br />

Archive 07-10-2005 07:43 AM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>All of thoses loses were made up with one lot of signed baseball's. The three wrestling posters that I sold last night I am into for zero dollars since I sold the two best privately and paid for the whole lot. The three last night sold for over $700 and I have about 20 more. <br /><br />The reserves not met items will end up going into the ebay store. <br /><br />And yes, Sevensorbetter is a good customer, as are many other people.<br /><br />Scott

Archive 07-10-2005 02:11 PM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>tcardcoll</b><p>I don’t know why anyone cares about any of this. Whatever Scott is doing he is giving us the opportunity to buy lots after Lelands auctions at much lower levels than we could buy them ourselves - in some cases for less than the buyers premium alone on the lot in the Lelands auction! If it works for him why should anyone complain? I just wish that Scott would buy the WHOLE Lelands auction instead of just 10% or less of the lots. I think he deserves a medal! I am going to be following and bidding in his auctions even more now than before especially after every Lelands auction. I just hope he buys more prewar cards! Scott, thank you for being such a great source of quality vintage material on ebay. <br /><br />

Archive 07-10-2005 03:09 PM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>1) I'm sure we've all bought from Scott, and if the rest are as happy as I am with the item and the price, there doesn't seem to me to be anything else to do but wonder how--even with a lot of assistance--his auctions go 24/7.<br /><br />2) I thought everyone knew that the better a dealer or auction house knows you, the more lenient they will be with paying, credit, delays--and outright FRONTING. If this is true of a small old trout like me, I can only imagine how true it is of S. Gaynor.<br /><br />3) By the second time you purchase from someone, the playing field is no longer level,....most of the time.<br /><br />Edited to correct about 8 typos...

Archive 07-11-2005 04:51 PM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>tcardcoll</b><p>There is one thing I am very confused about by this thread - are there other big auctions where you can always buy many lots for much less after the auction on ebay or is this only Lelands? Also, does this ever make anyone hold off on bidding at Lelands in hope of picking up items in Scott's auctions at a small % after the auction?

Archive 07-11-2005 05:20 PM

auction turnaround

Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>I don't know if any other sellers do this but I am guilty of hoping that something I was outbid on in Lelands catalog would end up in Scott's auction. By adding all those figures provided by a Forum member, you see that basically Scott lost roughly $4K which was probably made up as he says on other items. I have no problem with this kind of dealing and if Scott wants to lose money in order to provide us collectors with fantastic items every week, who am I to complain...who are any of us to really complain as long as he fills holes. I just hope that this thread hasn't put a microscope on his auctions and he may think twice about purchasing pieces from Lelands in fear of getting another thread like this started.<br /><br />DJ