Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Joe Doyle NAT'L and it's 11 "cousins"....SURVEY (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87180)

Archive 09-20-2007 11:54 AM

Joe Doyle NAT'L and it's 11 "cousins"....SURVEY

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>The next update I intend to remove Conroy and Pastorius. I left both of them listed as long as I did, to see if someone else had P 350's <br />besides you (Conroy) and me (Pastorius).<br />Also, since the it took me a couple of years to find Pastorius (in my search to augment my Piedmont set with P350 versions of my 150<br /> Series cards.<br /><br />Regarding the Red Chance....about a year ago I saw an SC 350 on ebay. I don't recall, though, if I contacted the seller to verify it. So, <br />I'd say "the jury is still out" on the Red Chance with only a P 350 back.<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-20-2007 01:11 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>A wild coincidence, as we were discussing Conroy and Pastorius in the prior posts here......ebay informed me<br /> that I won a Conroy (fldg) with a Piedmont 350 back.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:U S:11&Item=300151304591" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:U S:11&Item=300151304591</a><br /><br />Now, I need only two more subjects from this group with the tough Piedmont 350 back....Jones and Karger.<br /><br />Incidently, I will add the Red Chance to the next updated table....so, let's see what we get ?<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-20-2007 08:23 PM

Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />Ted,<br />Congrats on the Conroy.<br />Scot

Archive 09-22-2007 09:03 AM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Several more emailed inputs to add to this survey when I update it later today.<br /><br />Also, I'll be adding Frank Chance (red portrait) to this survey....as, no Sweet Caporal 350 or Sovereign 350 backs have been reported<br /> for this T206.<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-22-2007 09:04 AM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>NOTE.....Red portrait Chance has been added to this Survey....so check-out this card along with the others.<br /> <br />Thanks for your inputs....Net54 readers, who emailed me.<br /><br /><br />"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 9-21-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................12<br /><br />Chance (Red portrait).......2.............1..............1.... ...........0....................8<br /><br />Conroy (fielding)..............3.............1........... ....0..............2..................29<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................31<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................12<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................2 8<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................3 0<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................34<br /><br />Karger............................3.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 31<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................38 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................25<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................33<br /><br />Pastorius........................2..............2 ..............0...............2..................2 9<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................22<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................29.............1 9............20..............4.................372 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />We are rolling right along now; and, I appreciate your time and effort....so, let's have some more inputs ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-22-2007 10:47 AM

Posted By: <b>Drew</b><p>Hi Ted<br /><br />Chance(Red) SC 350 F25 P150<br /><br /><br><br>Drew

Archive 09-22-2007 03:11 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>DREW<br /><br />Thanks, I suspected that Chance existed with more than a Piedmont 350 back in the 350 series. We solved this<br />question very swiftly.<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-23-2007 11:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>NOTE.....Red portrait Chance has been added to this Survey....so check-out this card along with the others.<br /> <br />Thanks for your inputs....Net54 readers, who emailed me.<br /><br /><br />"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 9-23-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................14<br /><br />Chance (Red portrait).......4.............1..............1.... ...........1..................14<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................31<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................12<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................3 0<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................3 1<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................34<br /><br />Karger............................3.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 35<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................40 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................25<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................33<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................23<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................26.............1 6............20..............1.................322 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />We are rolling right along now; and, I appreciate your time and effort....so, let's have some more inputs ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-24-2007 12:58 PM

Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>Hi Ted,<br /><br /> Here are my "cousins" to add to your survey.<br /><br /><br />Ames, hands at chest------------p-150<br />Chance, red portrait------------sc-350, factory 30<br />Dahlen, Boston------------------p-150<br />L. Doyle, throwing--------------p-150<br />Ewing---------------------------p-150<br />Ganley--------------------------sc-150<br />T. Jones------------------------p-150<br />Karger--------------------------p-150<br />Lindaman------------------------sc-150<br />Mullin--------------------------sc-150<br />Schulte-------------------------p 150<br />

Archive 09-24-2007 03:44 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Only have Lundgren (Cubs) and Schulte (Front View) both Piedmont 150.

Archive 09-24-2007 06:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Danny Grimes</b><p>ted,<br /><br />i have a red portrait Chance Sweet Cap 350 as well, let me know if you need scans.<br /><br /><br />Danny

Archive 09-24-2007 06:25 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>No scan necessary guy, thanks for your input.<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-24-2007 06:25 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>NOTE.....Red portrait Chance has been added to this Survey....so check-out this card along with the others.<br /> <br />Thanks Martin, Dave, Danny and four Net54 readers, who emailed me.<br /><br /><br />"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 9-24-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................19<br /><br />Chance (Red portrait).......4.............1..............1.... ...........6..................20<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................36<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................14<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................3 6<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................3 6<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................42<br /><br />Karger............................3.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 44<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................48 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................29<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................41<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................28<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................26.............1 6............20..............6.................393 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />We are rolling right along now; and, I appreciate your time and effort....so, let's have some more inputs ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-24-2007 10:07 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>OK, this survey has quickly proven that the Red Chance isn't part of this "elite eleven"....that could have been included on the same sheet(s) as<br /> the Joe Doyle error card.<br />I've always felt that the T206 sheets were in formats of 12 cards across. Therefore, my speculation of these 12 cards here on this topic certainly<br /> sounds very plausible.<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-26-2007 04:22 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 9-25-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................20<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................38<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................14<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................4 0<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................3 8<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................47<br /><br />Karger............................3.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 50<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................52 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................29<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................43<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................28<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................22.............1 5............19..............6.................419 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />We are rolling right along now; and, I appreciate your time and effort....so, let's have some more inputs ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-28-2007 06:15 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Hey guys, can you....TINKER....EVERS-ome more....in the....CHANCE....that your may have more of these T206's in your collections ?<br /><br />There is a good number of T206 "junkies" on this Net that dig this stuff.....so, we appreciate your inputs.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 09-29-2007 09:44 PM

Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Hello Ted,<br /><br />In that 9-25 update the totals in the bottom line aren't the totals for the numbers above... is there more data, or is the math weak?? Am I missing something??? Please recalculate, thank you sir.<br /><br />Frank.

Archive 09-30-2007 07:11 AM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>The math is correct....it reflects an email from a Net54 reader with 18 inputs (all 150's). <br /><br />And, I reviewed all my T206's and I came up with 8 additional cards on the list (all 150's)<br /><br />I was hoping for many more inputs on these 11 "cousins".....but, I guess we have mined<br /> all the "350's" that Net54er's have on these. More importantly, I feel that we are seeing<br />the point I initially presented that the Piedmont 350 backs of these subjects are rare....<br />or non-existent.<br /><br />I think we could continue this survey till we exceed 1000 inputs and the number of 350<br /> backs will not significantly increase, while the 150 backs will continue to increase (further<br /> reinforcing the rarity of the 350's).<br /><br />Thanks Frank,<br /><br />TED Z

Archive 10-01-2007 10:32 PM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 9-30-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................20<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................41<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................15<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................5 1<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................4 0<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................52<br /><br />Karger............................3.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 61<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................59 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................30<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................45<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................30<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................22.............1 5............19..............0.................444 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />We are rolling right along now; and, I appreciate your time and effort....so, let's have some more inputs ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br /><br />TED Z

Archive 10-05-2007 08:39 AM

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I was offered a 112-card T206 collection recently. Just a few stars, but lots of commons (in multiples). From it, I will add to this survey<br /> these "cousins".....<br /><br />Piedmont 150......Ames, Dahlen, Ganley, Ewing, Karger, Lindaman, Mullin, Schulte<br /><br />Piedmont 350......Karger<br /><br />Sweet Cap 150....Dahlen, Ewing, T. Jones, Schulte<br /><br /><br /><br />Net54ers, how about some more of your inputs, there's "tons" of these T206's out there....but, very few with "350" backs ? <br /><br />TED Z

Archive 10-05-2007 08:26 PM

Posted By: <b>Pennsylvania Ted</b><p>"Cousins" Survey........UPDATED 10-4-07<br /><br /><br />To provide a relative perspective, I've tallied the total number of 150 and 350 inputs in the rightmost column. <br /> <br /><br /> <br />Player................Piedmont 350......HINDU........EPDG....Sweet Cap 350....150/350 inputs (total)<br /><br /><br />Ames (hands/chest).........0.............1..............0..... ..........0..................21<br /><br />Dahlen (Boston)...............4.............3............ ..0...............0..................43<br /><br />L Doyle (throwing)............0.............2............. .0...............0..................15<br /> <br />Ewing............................1..............1 ..............1...............0..................5 3<br /><br />Ganley...........................3..............1 ..............2...............0..................4 1<br /><br />T Jones (St Louis)............2..............2..............3. ..............0..................53<br /><br />Karger............................4.............. 0..............4...............0.................. 62<br /><br />Lindaman........................3..............5. .............3...............0..................60 <br /><br />Lundgren (Cubs)..............4..............0.............. 1...............0..................30<br /><br />Mullin (throw)..................2..............0......... .....5...............0..................46<br /><br />Schulte (front)................0..............0........... ...0................0..................32<br /><br /><br />Totals...........................23.............1 5............19..............0.................456 <br /><br /><br /><br />OK, guys and gals we have us another Survey....flip over these T206's in your set and tell me their T-brand ?<br /><br />Thanks again, everyone,<br /><br />T-Rex TED

tibor1 07-18-2019 02:26 AM

P-350 the 11 cousins

Posted by tibor1

I have two questions. Why did this thread die? What are these cards worth
in PSA 5. I'm revisiting my t-206's after 30 years and I'm curious to the
value of some of these cards. Thanks, tibor1

swarmee 07-18-2019 08:16 AM

Welcome to this board.
1) Old threads don't die, people stop responding to them. There is a very long thread about T206s that kind of encompasses all of these surveys now. Plus, there are some new T206 websites that seek to answer these sorts of questions.
2) https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/ is a resource to see what these cards sell near. PWCC's website, VCP, or Worthpoint may help you as well.

brianp-beme 07-18-2019 10:24 AM

Ted is one of the resident T206 masterminds on this board and was the author of this old post and many others regarding this set. The below link:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237816

is a thread of his that, in the first post, has a compilation of links to his previous T206 threads.

Brian

tommy 08-23-2019 04:02 PM

elite 11

hi

is there any more updated info on these elite 11's , i love them ,its like an easter egg hunt .

thanks
Tommy

Ronnie73 08-24-2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy (Post 1910979)
hi

is there any more updated info on these elite 11's , i love them ,its like an easter egg hunt .

thanks
Tommy

Hi Tommy, Welcome to the group. If you click on this link http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...237816&page=15 and scroll down to Post #742 you can read about them and see many scans. The posts continue onto the next page up to Post #760. You can also ask your questions here and one of us will answer the best we can. There are a few of us on this board that actively collect these cards including myself so your in the right place.

frankrizzo29 08-27-2019 04:21 AM

Elite 11

What is an approximate value for one of these Elite 11 cards if it's a PSA 1, PSA 2, and PSA3? I know this is very subjective, but am curious as to what everyone thinks about this.

GeoPoto 08-27-2019 10:07 AM

I hate ask but . . .

Can somebody clarify (perhaps it is clear in the thread, but I couldn't find a clear explanation) why Conroy (Fielding) was in the "Elite 11" at the beginning of the thread, but had disappeared by the end. Is Conroy (Fielding) still viewed as "rare" with a P350 back?

Ronnie73 08-27-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankrizzo29 (Post 1911878)
What is an approximate value for one of these Elite 11 cards if it's a PSA 1, PSA 2, and PSA3? I know this is very subjective, but am curious as to what everyone thinks about this.

On average, PSA 1 $300, PSA 2 $400, PSA 3 $500. Exceptions would be Dahlen, Lundgren, and Spencer. Those would be more due to popularity and/or rarity.

Ronnie73 08-27-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoPoto (Post 1911956)
Can somebody clarify (perhaps it is clear in the thread, but I couldn't find a clear explanation) why Conroy (Fielding) was in the "Elite 11" at the beginning of the thread, but had disappeared by the end. Is Conroy (Fielding) still viewed as "rare" with a P350 back?

There were actually a few others early on. There currently is a decent group of Print Group One Piedmont 350 short prints that are not Elite 11's. The main reason for some of the early suspect cards to be removed from the list is they can also be found with Sweet Caporal 350 backs. The Elite 11's can not be found with Sweet Caporal 350's.

frankrizzo29 08-27-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie73 (Post 1911966)
On average, PSA 1 $300, PSA 2 $400, PSA 3 $500. Exceptions would be Dahlen, Lundgren, and Spencer. Those would be more due to popularity and/or rarity.

Thank you Ron!!!