Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who here has attended WS games (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230453)

jandr272 01-29-2017 11:55 AM

Late to this thread, but I attended two Marlins home games in the '97 World Series, one of them a few rows up behind home plate. The first game went 14 or so innings and the Marlins won. I've never felt such amazing crowd energy at any other sporting event.

doug.goodman 01-29-2017 03:07 PM

My lifelong love of the Dodgers, even though I grew up in the SF Bay area, was solidified when my dad took me to game 5 in 1974.

The first game a saw in Fenway was game 3 in 1986. Damn you Oil Can Boyd.

Doug

ullmandds 01-29-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1598491)
Pete, wasn't that the Reggie "hip and run" game?

it was...crazy night!!!!

Fetamore 01-29-2017 09:23 PM

In 1993 two of my daughters worked for the Phillies in the family room where players could drop off there children before the game for baby sitting. Each received a letter entitling them to one ticket to each playoff and World Series game. Yes I did, convince my wife and buy both packages. I went to all games, each with a different person. My daughters did get to one game, my wife went to one game, I went to all the games and am still recovering from the Phillies loss to Toronto.

chris6net 01-30-2017 04:34 PM

Games 1,6,7 1986 At Shea
3,5 2000 At Shea
4,5 2015 at Citiield

aljurgela 01-31-2017 07:39 AM

Games 1 through 7 of 2002 to see "my" Angels only WS appearance and win! The crowning moment of my "fan-hood" and well worth the $ (probably because the won)... The Game 6 comeback was amazing! Loved it!

Hot Springs Bathers 01-31-2017 08:53 AM

I am cheating a little bit but while I have never attended a World Series game I did attend game one of the 1987 NLCS in St. Louis against San Francisco.

That afternoon while waiting outside I saw Duke Snider, Hank Aaron and dozens of other Hall of Famers walking into the stadium. An hour before the game the gates in center opened and out came the Clydesdales pulling the Budweiser wagon with Mr. Busch riding next to the driver, dalmatian barking. While the organist played the Bud theme music the wagon made two laps around the stadium with the crowd absolutely going wild. Pooper scoopers followed.

Ozzie did his flip and then Jeffrey Leonard did his home run trot with "one flap down." I have been to a couple of NFL playoff games and several bowl games but the excitement that night tops them all.

Mark70Z 01-31-2017 10:36 AM

1970 ws

I've only attended one WS game and that was game 4 of the 1970 WS with my father at Memorial Stadiun, Orioles vs. Reds. What's kinda funny is it's the only game the Orioles lost, but it was a great game. I got to see Brooksie homer and thought at the time they were going to take it, but the Reds scored, I think 3 runs, late in the game to take a one run lead. Exciting game!

My father was able to go to several Orioles WS games. Game 3 and 4 of the O's vs. Dodgers he went with a friend/coworker and he'd talk about quite often. Wouldn't really talk at all about the '69 Series except to say thE O's should have won. My father passed away a couple years ago so I miss the sporting conversations immensely.

He took me to a couple of Super Bowls as well, but that's a different topic.

khkco4bls 01-31-2017 12:11 PM

Every game 96,and 98 yankee stadium. God do I miss the old stadium

midmo 01-31-2017 12:39 PM

I've been to several playoff games, but only one World Series so far. It was 2013 game 3 StL vs Boston (the Allen Craig obstruction call game). I seem to make it to the historically weird ones. I was also at the rally squirrel playoff game in 2011 and in 2000 when Rick Ankiel could only throw wild pitches.

wdwfan 01-31-2017 03:51 PM

I had tickets to 2 home games in Texas when the Rangers played the Giants in 2010 and had tickets to a game in 2011. But some last-minute things came up both times, and I didn't get to go to any of the 3.. Closest I've gotten because Texas has never been back.

Joshchisox08 02-01-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1597384)
And tell us about your experiences.

In this century I went to game 3 in Houston in 2005 =-- yes the one that never ended

And

All the games at what is now Globe Life Park in Arlington in 2010-11.

One thing is I really wish Arlington had train service to DFW as its a real beat down to get there from here in Plano. We had to leave by 3 for the games and never got home till after 11 and that was only because we knew how to get out of the parking lots

Rich

Rich I hope you were rooting for the Sox in that game! Blum was the Bucky Dent in that game.