Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T: Last day of Season (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87264)

Archive 10-05-2007 10:54 AM

O/T: Last day of Season

Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>I'm a Padres fan but to be honest I didn't care if the Pads made the playoffs because they were a team being held together by duct tape and glue. They only had one regular OF and the replacements (especially Cameron's replacement in CF) were poor at best. Put a minor leaguer in and that's what you get, four misjudged balls and a poor short throw to home plate. It would have been sad to see the Pads go three and out against the Phillies. I'm happy for Helton. It's nice that a veteran like Helton will finally get his chance in the post season. You have to like the Rockies lineup, it's nice. Overall, I'd like to see the tribe or halos in for the AL. It'd be nice for Helton to score big in the post season but I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubbies (which I don't think is going to happen) or the Phillies in the WS.

Archive 10-05-2007 10:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I guess I expected more from the Cubs and Phillies but then if you remember they played in the two worst divisions in all of baseball, the NL Central and NL East, I guess the results were predictable.

Archive 10-07-2007 01:01 PM

Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>TBob,<br /><br />Jimmy Rollins is on the cover of this month's Sports Illustrated they are tooting him as a potential MVP in the NL. He's definitely deserving. There hasn't been another lead-off hitter like him since Rickey. Come on Phillies, I'd like to see them go deeper into the playoffs.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive 10-11-2007 06:59 PM

Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>A seven year old boy was at the center of a New York City courtroom drama<br />yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of<br />him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge<br />initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and<br />regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest<br />degree possible.<br /><br />The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more<br />than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge<br />then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said<br />that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate<br />family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life<br />among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to<br />propose who should have custody of him.<br /><br />After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child<br />welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Yankees,<br />whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Archive 10-11-2007 07:33 PM

Posted By: <b>Rob Dewolf</b><p>The Michigan-football version of that joke was all the rage here in Columbus after the Wolverines started 0-2.