Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   June Autograph Pick-ups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=188859)

Runscott 06-25-2014 09:23 AM

That's a fantastic ball. I like the old balls with 'patina' and some faded signatures also, but there's something really amazing about one that survives 40-50 years in that condition, as yours has.

JimStinson 06-25-2014 01:06 PM

JimStinson

Quote:

Originally Posted by HexsHeroes (Post 1291152)

I do not generally purchase vintage team signed baseballs, as I usually find the boldness of the actual signatures are considerably less than the level shown in listing photographs. Given that this ball is a more recent vintage, that was not as much of a factor.

Nothing extraordinary, but it is a nice clean & dated team signed baseball by the 1968 International League Champions Toledo Mud Hens. Purchased from Frogtown Books, out of Toledo. Very fast delivery as package just arrived yesterday.

The REAL sleeper on that ball appears to be the signature of Cy Young award winner and notorious non signing pitcher Mike G. Marshall who was on the roster that year for Toledo ! Nice Snag

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com

JimStinson 06-25-2014 01:48 PM

JimStinson

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1289790)
Dylan's folks moved to Hibbing after Bob was born. In Duluth.

You are correct , you have now succeeded in breaking my unblemished 57 year old record of having NEVER BEEN WRONG ! I hope you are proud of yourself ..:)
Now my question is having been born in Duluth instead of Hibbing ...Can he still run for President ???

My E-Bay web site Home of the Bargains everything $14.99 min bid no reserve
http://stores.ebay.com/Jim-Stinson-Sports

David Atkatz 06-26-2014 05:46 PM

I believe he can. And if he does, he better remember that "even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked."

btcarfagno 06-26-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimStinson (Post 1291258)
The REAL sleeper on that ball appears to be the signature of Cy Young award winner and notorious non signing pitcher Mike G. Marshall who was on the roster that year for Toledo ! Nice Snag

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com

I just sold a Marshall Minor league team signed ball a couple months back on EBay. Do not think it was this one as I do not recall it being nearly as nice as this one. Still got around $190 for it I think.

Very nice looking ball by the way.

Tom C

GrayGhost 06-26-2014 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Despite me selling most e'thing off personally, did pick this up a while back from Tony. One final hurrah so to speak... Gonna have my friend's framer do something with it if/when I get a job..ha.:):rolleyes:

daves_resale_shop 06-26-2014 08:40 PM

Gabby

[thats a beauty Scott!QUOTE=GrayGhost;1291789]Despite me selling most e'thing off personally, did pick this up a while back from Tony. One final hurrah so to speak... Gonna have my friend's framer do something with it if/when I get a job..ha.:):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

itjclarke 06-27-2014 12:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The Play Balls came last month, the others are new arrivals...
Attachment 150406Attachment 150407
Attachment 150408Attachment 150410
Attachment 150412

gregr2 06-27-2014 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thrilled to pick this up from a board member (Thanks Mike)!!

Attachment 150426

daves_resale_shop 06-27-2014 11:42 AM

Ted

1 Attachment(s)
Great image! Got this check from a board member about a month ago, and got it back from my framer last night.

GrayGhost 06-27-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop (Post 1291978)
Great image! Got this check from a board member about a month ago, and got it back from my framer last night.

Came out Great, Mr. Presale.;)

Joe Hunter 06-27-2014 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I saw this program years ago in card shop in Leawood, KS. I thought at the time it was a great piece, but didn't buy it as the price was very high. Last week I was looking at Craig's List and there it was. An elderly gentleman was selling off his collection and I immediately contacted him and made arrangements to pick it up. Also bought a couple of others items from him, as well. The thing I like most about the program, aside from the 6 HOF'ers, is the caricature drawing that artist Bill Gallo did of Joe D. on the page he signed. Pretty cool!

GrayGhost 06-27-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hunter (Post 1291989)
I saw this program years ago in card shop in Leawood, KS. I thought at the time it was a great piece, but didn't buy it as the price was very high. Last week I was looking at Craig's List and there it was. An elderly gentleman was selling off his collection and I immediately contacted him and made arrangements to pick it up. Also bought a couple of others items from him, as well. The thing I like most about the program, aside from the 6 HOF'ers, is the caricature drawing that artist Bill Gallo did of Joe D. on the page he signed. Pretty cool!

Even tho Mickey signed it later, that is one SUPER cool piece. I too LOVE the Dimagg page and Frisch and all the Rest . Congrats on a great pickup

Joe Hunter 06-27-2014 02:03 PM

Thanks. Yes, the Mick was signed in the mid 80's when Mantle would come to town for the Mailen/Cumpton shows in Overland Park. I believe Mantle autographs were about $30.00 then. Some of the other Yankees may have been signed then, as well.

milkit1 06-27-2014 02:10 PM

When I got mickey in chicago in 1989 he was $9 lol

Klrdds 06-27-2014 04:34 PM

Those were the good old collecting days!!

Klrdds 06-27-2014 07:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some June pickups:
1. a Mickey Finn signature for my death on roster set.
2. a HLS from Rube Marquard and a HLS from George Kellly. A good price for both of them and letters to add to my signatures of them. As always I will try to add letters if possible at a good price to my collection.
3. a TLS from Bud Selig on Brewers letterhead.
4. a TLS from John Schuerholz on Royals letterhead.
I figured to get them now on letters before they eventually get elected to the HoF. Also letters from them are not common , and the price was right.
Also picked up a Steve Macko autographed photo, and a full name Warren Edward Spahn check, but they will not download after multiple attempts,
The big find for me this month and year is a Vic Willis signature for my HoFer collection. I will post a pic when I receive it.I now need 15 to complete the set which will never happen due to no known marketable samples of Torriente, Mendez, Hill, and Grant.
I am also skeptical of the Rogan in Hunt Auctions auction next month.
Happy Collecting to all,
Kevin

tazdmb 06-27-2014 08:57 PM

Wonderful additions, I seriously doubt anyone has a nicer collection outside of Cooperstown.

Michael B 06-28-2014 12:11 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A sampling of the signatures obtained in person during the Boxing Hall of Fame Induction weekend in Canastota, NY a few weeks back

daves_resale_shop 06-29-2014 03:45 AM

The Babe

2 Attachment(s)
It's light, and I don't typically buy baseballs but I just couldn't pass on the opportunity..

yanks12025 06-29-2014 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked these up over the last couple months but never posted them.