Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Budig Jeter Ball RARE Signature (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=227559)

njdunkin1 08-26-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577249)
You know your old when your favorite card is Jimmy Foxx lmao

Lurker for this thread for some time. I feel, as an outsider, your boisterous attitude and hurtful speech is a big deterrent as to why you didn't really get any responses until much later than page 1. Does that make sense?
Additionally, sometimes one's opinion or belief can be wrong as can be. I heard a story once: a man truly believed he could fly. He thought that gravity had no effect on him. He went to the top of a tall building and jumped. Know what happened? Even though he believed he could fly, he was still wrong. SPLAT!
To sum up, I find the opinions of those on the board to be very accurate. Avoid being facetious and you will quite enjoy your time here as I have.
Also, my favorite card is my T206 Shag Shaughnessy. I have also been alive for less than 20 years. Go figure.
NJ Dunkin

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1577370)
Since he won't post his name, I will.

Sal Garafalo

He is banned at the blowoutcards.com forum as well.

Yeah that's my name. Sal Garafolo lets go with that lol how about the ball? And yeah blowout banned me because the jeter card I have was too overwhelming. Look at my picture. Search "Rare Jeter" on Google. You'll see it. Second on images. That's all I wanted and I got it lol

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1577374)
Lurker for this thread for some time. I feel, as an outsider, your boisterous attitude and hurtful speech is a big deterrent as to why you didn't really get any responses until much later than page 1. Does that make sense?
Additionally, sometimes one's opinion or belief can be wrong as can be. I heard a story once: a man truly believed he could fly. He thought that gravity had no effect on him. He went to the top of a tall building and jumped. Know what happened? Even though he believed he could fly, he was still wrong. SPLAT!
To sum up, I find the opinions of those on the board to be very accurate. Avoid being facetious and you will quite enjoy your time here as I have.
NJ Dunkin

So you honestly think the ball is a fake ? What's up though? Fellow Jersey Boy

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1577374)
Also, my favorite card is my T206 Shag Shaughnessy. I have also been alive for less than 20 years. Go figure.
NJ Dunkin

Your prob one of the guys who said my Evers was only a 3 :)

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577379)

And yes being from Jersey I tend to get annoyed quickly with pettiness. We all know the auto looks legit but being I had to beg for attention all the old folk on here love to bring negativity to the table.

njdunkin1 08-26-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577379)

I have no comment on the ball. The Evers was a matter of opinion, but I shall leave that out of this thread.
I looked up the rare Jeter thing and it was indeed the 2nd image on Google. However, I proceeded to read the thread on Blowout. You only lasted 7 posts? What happened, man? It's actually really tough to get banned there. You have to basically be a serial killer or do something wayyy out of line.
Curious,
NJ D.

shelly 08-26-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577163)
Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are great !!! :(

Your picture sucks. I would only tell you how much of an a hole you are. Nothing but nothing about the ball.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1577383)
I have no comment on the ball. The Evers was a matter of opinion, but I shall leave that out of this thread.
I looked up the rare Jeter thing and it was indeed the 2nd image on Google. However, I proceeded to read the thread on Blowout. You only lasted 7 posts? What happened, man? It's actually really tough to get banned there. You have to basically be a serial killer or do something wayyy out of line.
Curious,
NJ D.

Honestly man I don't think I did anything wrong but to them I'm a serial killer. When I first came across the card I listed on eBay and decided to hold off on the sale after someone had won the auction for $500. I openly put that in the forum and from there I was doomed. They bashed me like I was rapist. Yes it was wrong of me but I still think what I did wasn't the worst thing in th world. Selling it before putting out to the public would of been a terrible business move. Listing it without the definite intention to sell yes is wrong but geez, might as well hang me from the Brooklyn bridge they way they treated me. I'm sorry for not selling the card to the guy who rightfully won the auction 3-4 years ago lol.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:33 PM

Hey who ever I offended I apologize. Italians from New Jersey we love to argue. It's what we're here for. I really hope no one takes any
of this serious. It's a baseball card forum for crying out loud lol.

Michael B 08-26-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577336)
I tend to forget none of you are professionals at authenticating. Can someone with extreme jeter auto ball knowledge please stand up

Neither are PSA or JSA. They offer an opinion only. They do not guaranty that an item is genuine. If they guaranteed that an item was, in fact, genuine, they would be refunding a lot of money for all of the mistakes they make.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=Michael B;1577397]Neither are PSA or JSA. They offer an opinion only. They do not guaranty that an item is genuine. If they guaranteed that an item was, in fact, genuine, they would be refunding a lot of money for all of the mistakes they make.[/QUOTE

If another person tells me Psa/JSA aren't that legit either I might lose it lol. I get it man. Try and think of something nice to say. Like nice ball !

timzcardz 08-26-2016 12:47 PM

PSA and JSA?

Pffft.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1577383)
Curious,
NJ D.

If you search Pinnacle Jeter it's the first image 😌

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 1577400)
PSA and JSA?

Pffft.

I hear ya man but honestly I see how the forum guys feel about psa/jsa but hey man whatever sells on eBay sells on eBay.

njdunkin1 08-26-2016 12:52 PM

Nice ball.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:54 PM

Truth is if this wasn't a budig jeter, everyone would have simply said nice ball it's real blah blah it woulda been his big ugly generic signature but since it's a more scarce jeter auto a lot don't want to say it's real. And maybe because my attitude but heyyy look at the ball. If it's fake show me a nicer fake one lol. Idk how you could think this jeter ball is fake. Anyone lol.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1577405)
Nice ball.

That's the spirit!

sycks22 08-26-2016 01:05 PM

You win for the most posts in one day and it's not even 2:30 yet. Congrats

doug.goodman 08-26-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577351)
You have 2200 posts on a baseball card forum. Get a life ? Lol

He has 2,200 posts in 5 years, that's an average of about 440 per year, about 5 every 4 days.

You have 60 or so posts (on JUST THIS THREAD) in the last 9 hours, or about 5 posts every 45 minutes...

Just saying...

Psal3891 08-26-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 1577409)
You win for the most posts in one day and it's not even 2:30 yet. Congrats

I win the cool jeter ball award that you all wished was fake lol

Psal3891 08-26-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1577410)
He has 2,200 posts in 5 years, that's an average of about 440 per year, about 5 every 4 days.

You have 60 or so posts (on JUST THIS THREAD) in the last 9 hours, or about 5 posts every 45 minutes...

Just saying...

How's the flight?

Rookiemonster 08-26-2016 01:36 PM

Wow great ball but the signature sucks ! I'm also from jersey and embarrassed that we live in the same state and that your trying to represent your moronic actions as "hey I'm from jersey " . And way to many lol for any grown man from any where on this planet . Everyone here has been real with you . Now it's time for you to be real with your self. Even if the ball had a mlb authentication, and I was looking for a jeter ball I would not choose this one . The signature is way to small . The early signature is way easier to fake and a bud ball can be found on the cheap anywhere . I can take a crap in a box and mark it guaranteed for I have a extra second .

doug.goodman 08-26-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577415)
How's the flight?

Now I'm in a train...

David Atkatz 08-26-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577185)
This is why I love forums, I have such amazing finds to share but even at 50 years old people still have jealousy issues. Pathetic

Amazing find?! A Jeter ball? Please. Just shows what you know about baseball memorabilia.
If you want help from those here, I'd advise against dissing those here.
Pretty simple, really.
Even for a 25-year-old jerk.

David Atkatz 08-26-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577249)
You know your old when your favorite card is Jimmy Foxx lmao

You know you're an asshole when your "treasure" is a Jeter ball.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1577422)
Wow great ball but the signature sucks ! I'm also from jersey and embarrassed that we live in the same state and that your trying to represent your moronic actions as "hey I'm from jersey " . And way to many lol for any grown man from any where on this planet . Everyone here has been real with you . Now it's time for you to be real with your self. Even if the ball had a mlb authentication, and I was looking for a jeter ball I would not choose this one . The signature is way to small . The early signature is way easier to fake and a bud ball can be found on the cheap anywhere . I can take a crap in a box and mark it guaranteed for I have a extra second .

Think what u want I know it's real that's why I didn't come here to ask if it is. Carry on.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1577442)
You know you're an asshole when your "treasure" is a Jeter ball.

It's not a treasure to me it's just a phrase I used. The card in my picture will pay for your whole collection. Move along

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1577429)
Now I'm in a train...

These people don't like me very much lol

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:35 PM

When someone's ready to actually critique the signature and not me, the size of the signature or the placement, I'll be here lol.

TUM301 08-26-2016 02:35 PM

New Jersey ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577391)
Hey who ever I offended I apologize. Italians from New Jersey we love to argue. It's what we're here for. I really hope no one takes any
of this serious. It's a baseball card forum for crying out loud lol.

New Jersey huh ? Did you just recently relocate from Canada after liquidating a rather large stash of rare coins, something here sounds like a "blast from the past".

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUM301 (Post 1577452)
New Jersey huh ? Did you just recently relocate from Canada after liquidating a rather large stash of rare coins, something here sounds like a "blast from the past".

No idea what are you talking about. Let's stay on topic

Rookiemonster 08-26-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577450)
When someone's ready to actually critique the signature and not me, the size of the signature or the placement, I'll be here lol.

You keep asking for someone to tell what they think and then when they do you
Say I know it's real I didn't ask if it was real . You must be retarded .

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:46 PM

They have no reasoning behind their analogy. When I get a good response with something to back it up besides its small or it's fake cause I'm from New Jersey maybe I'll let up. People think jeter never in his life signed something smaller? Lol that's the only thing you can say cause the signature itself is great.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:50 PM

And everyone saying it's fake are the 50 years old I offended early with the age jokes. You think there gonna say oh yeah its real, nah. But that's ok

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:51 PM

Buncha old folk with no T206's. Go play with the whitey ford balls bub.

Rookiemonster 08-26-2016 02:52 PM

One flaw a auto can get it turned away from any well trusted authenticator .if the slant is wrong on auto it is deemed questionable .you don't need 10 flaws for it to be fake . Hey real autos get turned down all the time because they were rushed or smeared etc.

yanks12025 08-26-2016 02:52 PM

Can we just ban this idiot.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1577461)
One flaw a auto can get it turned away from any well trusted authenticator .if the slant is wrong on auto it is deemed questionable .you don't need 10 flaws for it to be fake . Hey real autos get turned down all the time because they were rushed or smeared etc.

I understand that but besides the size which I don't consider to be a flaw, what else about The ball screams fake. And no they won't ban me because I've done nothing wrong. You've all been attacking me since the begging of the thread! Just because I was jokester to begin with. It's a baseball card forum some of you really need to lighten up. Go outside

bnorth 08-26-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577389)
Honestly man I don't think I did anything wrong but to them I'm a serial killer. When I first came across the card I listed on eBay and decided to hold off on the sale after someone had won the auction for $500. I openly put that in the forum and from there I was doomed. They bashed me like I was rapist. Yes it was wrong of me but I still think what I did wasn't the worst thing in th world. Selling it before putting out to the public would of been a terrible business move. Listing it without the definite intention to sell yes is wrong but geez, might as well hang me from the Brooklyn bridge they way they treated me. I'm sorry for not selling the card to the guy who rightfully won the auction 3-4 years ago lol.

I have no opinion on the ball because I do not collect Jeter autos.

I can comment on the card though. It is 99.99% fake and I am being very generous with that %. To be clear I had many friends and family members that worked for Score/Pinnacle so I do have first hand knowledge on their prototypes. That card is not one of them.

Psal3891 08-26-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1577466)
I have no opinion on the ball because I do not collect Jeter autos.

I can comment on the card though. It is 99.99% fake and I am being very generous with that %. To be clear I had many friends and family members that worked for Score/Pinnacle so I do have first hand knowledge on their prototypes. That card is not one of them.

(Yawn) 👍🏻

Klrdds 08-26-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577445)
It's not a treasure to me it's just a phrase I used. The card in my picture will pay for your whole collection. Move along

I would advise against comparing your collection to many if not all of the collectors on this site . There have been many debates about this topic in the past . I know from first hand experience . Let me just say that your ball appears suspect to most of the knowledgeable collectors on this site no matter what your story is . It appears that you are either in denial or you just like to argue for the sake of arguing . Settle the argument----- get it certed and post the results. Then you will know if it is worthless or if its value will buy you a steak dinner .

doug.goodman 08-26-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577448)
These people don't like me very much lol

That's because you come across as an asshole...

vthobby 08-26-2016 03:15 PM

Funny>>>>>>>

That was some of the funniest reading I have done in awhile.

Clearly neurotic, clearly insecure, clearly from Uranus and thats the best I can say. :eek:

I had the privelege of getting Jeter multiple times in person at his VERY FIRST show EVER when he was still in the minors. The show was in Burlington Vermont and was promoted by Jim Vitanos who was really good at finding minor league players that had ML potential. I still have the flyer from the show!

That ball that is shown in the very 1st post on here about 14 or 15 pages ago is not signed by Derek Jeter. That being said I would pay around $6 for it to use for batting practice so its not a total loss you see. :cool:

Brent who I respect highly is correct as are others on here. Not one person on here has vouched for the ball......well.............maybe 1 and I'm thinking I'm going to see about 12 more posts from him soon saying some clearly crazy but ultimately very funny things. :D

Let the fun begin..... or continue shall I say? :)

Peace, Mike

btcarfagno 08-26-2016 04:03 PM

Wow. Usually if I wanted to read a clusterfuck like this I would have to venture over to the main forum.

Or pick up a copy of soap opera digest.

Tom C

Michael B 08-26-2016 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Psal3891;1577399]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael B (Post 1577397)
Neither are PSA or JSA. They offer an opinion only. They do not guaranty that an item is genuine. If they guaranteed that an item was, in fact, genuine, they would be refunding a lot of money for all of the mistakes they make.[/QUOTE

If another person tells me Psa/JSA aren't that legit either I might lose it lol. I get it man. Try and think of something nice to say. Like nice ball !

I would guess that reading comprehension is not in your wheelhouse. I did not say they were not legit, and that is not the point. You are asking for people to approve of your 'treasure' even when you are sure it is legitimate. If you are sure then what is the point? If you expect people to bow down to you, you are going to be greatly disappointed.

There are quite a significant number of people on this site who have outstanding collections that clearly outshine what you have presented. Many of them are gracious enough to share photos of their collections and are also humble to boot. It is that approach that earns accommodation and respect around here.

Coming onto the site as a newbie and being obnoxious will get you frozen out faster than a bare butt in Antarctica. Flaccid attempts at witty repartee and overuse of silly imbreviations will not help. Using New Jersey as an excuse for boorish behavior does not earn you a pass either. It would be considered obnoxious on every continent.

vthobby 08-26-2016 04:21 PM

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcarfagno (Post 1577501)
Wow. Usually if I wanted to read a clusterfuck like this I would have to venture over to the main forum.

Or pick up a copy of soap opera digest.

Tom C

Tom,

That was FUNNY! Awesome! :)

You have to admit, it is entertaining at times! :)

Peace, Mike

Psal3891 08-26-2016 05:49 PM

Like I said earlier, you have no reason behind your "fake" call.'all you can say is a bunch of things about me personally and then concluded its fake? Still waitin For the reason its fake. 15 grown men can't come up with 1 good reason lol. Your doing great guys

Psal3891 08-26-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtgmsc (Post 1577475)
That was some of the funniest reading I have done in awhile.

Clearly neurotic, clearly insecure, clearly from Uranus and thats the best I can say. :eek:

I had the privelege of getting Jeter multiple times in person at his VERY FIRST show EVER when he was still in the minors. The show was in Burlington Vermont and was promoted by Jim Vitanos who was really good at finding minor league players that had ML potential. I still have the flyer from the show!

That ball that is shown in the very 1st post on here about 14 or 15 pages ago is not signed by Derek Jeter. That being said I would pay around $6 for it to use for batting practice so its not a total loss you see. :cool:

Brent who I respect highly is correct as are others on here. Not one person on here has vouched for the ball......well.............maybe 1 and I'm thinking I'm going to see about 12 more posts from him soon saying some clearly crazy but ultimately very funny things. :D

Let the fun begin..... or continue shall I say? :)

Peace, Mike

Please explain why it's not real

bnorth 08-26-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1577547)
Please explain why it's not real

Please post a decent picture. You post horrible out of focus or at weird angle pictures. That is usually done by someone trying to hide something. You also act like a spoiled little kid who just got told no for the first time.

Grow the hell up act like an adult and post good pictures and all the drama will go away. I know that might be hard to do but it will make life a lot easier and get you decent responses.:)

Psal3891 08-26-2016 06:00 PM

You continue to prove me right. Fake call with no info to back it up. Almost like a jealous friend. I like it. Let's keep going. "Yeah it's fake cause Idk why" lol and it's like 2 people saying it's not real. The rest of you are his cheerleaders agree with them.