Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC Huigens Now Has a Criminal Defense Attorney (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271595)

kateighty 07-24-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902183)
Come on. You're smarter than that. If I have a lawyer representing me and instead of focusing on my case he's sexting his girlfriend, I'd be pretty pissed about it. I'm no lawyer, Peter, but isn't that grounds for a retrial if he's doing that in a courtroom? You say no ethics violations occurred, but I strongly disagree.

Go to law school David and get back to us.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902185)
I assure you I'm not broke. But, even if that were the case, I'd rather be broke and have integrity rather than to be wealthy with no integriy.

I don’t know how this transcended into finances, morals and whatever but nonetheless I’m happy to hear you are not broke and look forward to bidding against you on some great cards at upcoming auctions. But continuing to bring up Jeff’s personal issues, which are really between him and his family and none of us know really know what transpired anyway, only makes you look petty and I’m not sure this is the appropriate forum for that. Maybe if you feel this strongly it would be better for you to reach out to your clergyman and discuss the problems you have with him?

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902191)
Do you not see the "?"

In the English language, that represents a question.

I don't profess to be an expert on legal ethics. That's why I asked YOU the question. I'll ask it again. If I have a lawyer representing me, but instead he's sexting his girlfriend in court during the trial, would I have grounds for a retrial?

Who said he texted anyone during a trial?

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-24-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902177)
Nobody should be publishing someone's private text messages about personal matters.

Not even high character individuals with superior morals???

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902191)
Do you not see the "?"

In the English language, that represents a question.

I don't profess to be an expert on legal ethics. That's why I asked YOU the question. I'll ask it again. If I have a lawyer representing me, but instead he's sexting his girlfriend in court during the trial, would I have grounds for a retrial?

I’m sure he sexting girls while in court cross-examining witnesses. And let’s add in that he’s also having sex with them during lunch breaks. And I’ve also seen him text while driving a couple times too so let’s throw that in there too.

Unfortunately this conversation has deteriorated and I’m left with thinking you are nothing but a petty, jealous, moron. Oh but I forgot, a petty, jealous moron with lots of integrity.

Snapolit1 07-24-2019 04:28 PM

Lawyer bashing on he board is de riguer. Pretty soon someone will be ignorantly misquoting Shakespeare. Count on it.

JollyElm 07-24-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902197)
Unfortunately this conversation has deteriorated and I’m left with thinking you are nothing but a petty, jealous, moron.

Look in the mirror, douchebag.

kateighty 07-24-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyW (Post 1902190)
Because everyone is putting their names on their comments.

There's a fine line though. Jeff has a wife and a family. Regardless of who agrees and disagrees and however we all feel there's no need to go there period when talking about another member.

JeremyW 07-24-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateighty (Post 1902200)
There's a fine line though. Jeff has a wife and a family. Regardless of who agrees and disagrees and however we all feel there's no need to go there period when talking about another member.

I agree 100%. The only thing that I've said against Jeff was his interview on CBS when he said that El Chapo had been nice to him. As that it some excuse for all the crimes that El Chapo committed.

CMIZ5290 07-24-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1902189)
The retrial is the part that I find genius. I am no lawyer so I could be seeing this wrong. Now if Brent doesn't get the result he wants cant he use Jeffreys posts on here to claim his lawyer didn't represent him to the best of his ability?

Also IF Jeffrey is doing this for the good of the hobby and not the cash. Couldn't he have donated his services to the FBI to put Brent away?

To me his recent posts said, hire me or I will bury you with all the evidence I have against you.

I could be wrong but this is my take on the situation.

This is exactly what I referred to back on the first page of the threads....Can these former posts and threads come back to haunt him? Having said that, I absolutely have issue with Jeff's decision to represent Huigens, it paints a very ugly picture on what has been a very long, angered, and disapproved situation of PWCC and Brent Huigens, a lot of which were initiated by Lichtman... I stated previously that it was hypocritical and lacked integrity.. I do believe, however, that Jeff's personal and business life (outside of the baseball card world) should not be presented in this type of forum.....

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1902199)
Look in the mirror, douchebag.

I’m looking brother and all I see is a guy who is trying to help you. You should all look up the definition of the phrase “self fulfilling prophecy” because most of you won’t be happy until it gets to that.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1902207)
This is exactly what I referred to back on the first page of the threads....Can these former posts and threads come back to haunt him? Having said that, I absolutely have issue with Jeff's decision to represent Huigens, it paints a very ugly picture on what has been a very long, angered, and disapproved situation of PWCC and Brent Huigens, a lot of which were initiated by Lichtman... I stated previously that it was hypocritical and lacked integrity.. I do believe, however, that Jeff's personal and business life (outside of the baseball card world) should not be presented in this type of forum.....

I get the disappointment Kevin and I assure you I was as well. However as this all plays out I am beginning to see it differently so let’s see what transpires in the near future and then perhaps we will all understand things a little differently than we do today. Doesn’t make one side right or wrong but a baseball game doesn’t end until 27 outs are made. And don’t start with rainouts!

Rhotchkiss 07-24-2019 04:41 PM

I have no pull, but I would love to see this thread locked/pulled down. It has deteriorated into all out name calling and bashing people for things that have nothing to do with cards or scandals in the card industry.

Jeff is representing PWCC. It will be what it be. Going to get my popcorn....

Steven, sell me your W600 Wagner!!!

pokerplyr80 07-24-2019 04:42 PM

He says he took the case in part so he can be on the inside and work to make sure as many collectors as possible can be made whole. Whether or not any of us believe him is irrelevant. His actions will prove his words true or untrue in the coming months. What is the harm in giving him a chance to do what he said he will do?

The personal attacks against another member should have no place on this board. Especially regarding his personal life. There are countless examples in many threads not just related to Jeff or even PWCC. This site has been going down hill for a while in terms of negative and inappropriate comments. Many members have even left, or avoid commenting for the most part, which is unfortunate. And I think we may have hit a new low with this thread.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1902198)
Lawyer bashing on he board is de riguer. Pretty soon someone will be ignorantly misquoting Shakespeare. Count on it.

"Unsext me here"?

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 04:51 PM

I appreciate you guys wanting to stop the name calling and the rest but I assure you I’m a big boy as is my brother and we can handle it. At the end of the day I think we all want the same thing and unfortunately frustration sometimes gets in the way and things deteriorate as they have here. Hopefully we all can put our hopes and trust in Jeff, since we really don’t have much of a choice anyway, and see where that takes us. I know which way I’m betting but if I were him and had to put up with this abuse, it would give me a lot less incentive to help. My two cents for whatever that’s worth.

And Ryan I will see you next at the Famous and Barr Ruth! You cost me plenty on that Wagner!

glchen 07-24-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1902086)
Personal stuff is beyond the pale. Would anyone on the board appreciate personal stuff? I don’t think so. You may not like his client but no need to engage in ad hominem attacks.

I agree, these personal attacks are way out of line, and have nothing to do with cards.

kateighty 07-24-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyW (Post 1902203)
I agree 100%. The only thing that I've said against Jeff was his interview on CBS when he said that El Chapo had been nice to him. As that it some excuse for all the crimes that El Chapo committed.

Also agreed. In all seriousness if Jeff was all "yeah El Chapo is mean and a real jerk!" who knows if he'd be alive to represent Brent. I mean going from El Chapo to El Brento. Who would have thought.

SMPEP 07-24-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1902198)

Lead on macduff!

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMPEP (Post 1902223)
Lead on macduff!

Bubble bubble toil and trouble.

kateighty 07-24-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1902211)
I have no pull, but I would love to see this thread locked/pulled down. It has deteriorated into all out name calling and bashing people for things that have nothing to do with cards or scandals in the card industry.

Jeff is representing PWCC. It will be what it be. Going to get my popcorn....

Steven, sell me your W600 Wagner!!!

I don't have any pull either. I think there might be something else behind this thread.

asphaltman 07-24-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateighty (Post 1902226)
I don't have any pull either. I think there might be something else behind this thread.

As in why is Leon letting it continue? I don’t know. I know he and Jeff haven’t always seen eye to eye but don’t think that’s influencing this thread remaining open.

kateighty 07-24-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902217)
Hopefully we all can put our hopes and trust in Jeff, since we really don’t have much of a choice anyway, and see where that takes us.

Nope. That actually made me laugh out loud. Now you're pressing it.

CMIZ5290 07-24-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asphaltman (Post 1902228)
As in why is Leon letting it continue? I don’t know. I know he and Jeff haven’t always seen eye to eye but don’t think that’s influencing this thread remaining open.

That is total BS...Leon lets forum threads run for the most part... Hell, I've seen threads up for a month! BST threads are more sensitive.

Leon 07-24-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyW (Post 1902203)

And that is at least enough to have your full name out here, I would think? I know you but most others probably don't.

asphaltman 07-24-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1902231)
That is total BS...Leon lets forum threads run for the most part... Hell, I've seen threads up for a month! BST threads are more sensitive.

I’m not arguing that. I was asking where the previous comment was hinting at.

CMIZ5290 07-24-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateighty (Post 1902226)

LIke what? It is what it is....Jeff is representing a crook that he has lambasted on this forum since Moby Dick was a minnow!

Leon 07-24-2019 05:20 PM

The forum has been going downhill for the last 18 yrs. Hopefully there will be 18 more.

One other small thing, my goal is always to try my best to not interfere with threads. That is why they stay up and don't get locked, generally speaking, and almost never go poof. And if there is negativity then that is what it is. I don't tell people what to say or not to say. If someone has their name next to it I think they should be able to fire away, per the less than strict rules pertaining to our subject matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1902212)
He says he took the case in part so he can be on the inside and work to make sure as many collectors as possible can be made whole. Whether or not any of us believe him is irrelevant. His actions will prove his words true or untrue in the coming months. What is the harm in giving him a chance to do what he said he will do?

The personal attacks against another member should have no place on this board. Especially regarding his personal life. There are countless examples in many threads not just related to Jeff or even PWCC. This site has been going down hill for a while in terms of negative and inappropriate comments. Many members have even left, or avoid commenting for the most part, which is unfortunate. And I think we may have hit a new low with this thread.

kateighty 07-24-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asphaltman (Post 1902228)

No, unrelated to Leon. I'm thinking in trial terms and legal specifics down the road. Brother saying what he has on here something doesn't seem right. Hopefully I'm just neurotic and wrong!

asphaltman 07-24-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateighty (Post 1902237)
No, unrelated to Leon. I'm thinking in trial terms and legal specifics down the road. Brother saying what he has on here something doesn't seem right. Hopefully I'm just neurotic and wrong!

Jeff maybe telling his brother to zip it once he sees this.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 05:32 PM

What does any of this have to do with a trial? It's a message board, not evidence.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asphaltman (Post 1902239)
Jeff maybe telling his brother to zip it once he sees this.

Brother ain’t telling me what to do anywhere.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902248)
Brother ain’t telling me what to do anywhere.

LOL. This must be an interesting family dynamic.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 05:41 PM

Until they get Brent and Moser bankrupt, in jail for life and free parking vouchers for the next trade show they won’t be happy.

Leon 07-24-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902245)
What does any of this have to do with a trial? It's a message board, not evidence.

What is said here can absolutely be used as evidence in a trial, no?

Fuddjcal 07-24-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902056)
I don't think there are NDAs but as I posted there is IMO no chance that whatever amount Brent and a few other card doctors pay back will even scratch the surface of the amount of their ill gotten gains, or the harm inflicted on the hobby.

Is it better than no restitution? Yes, of course. Is it an adequate punishment for the crime? That to me is the real question. We'll see what happens.

I just want the cheater effer to come out and say HE targeted the cards that were to be trimmed and altered, HE ran a shill bidding operation, he cheated e-bay, HE didn't pay his taxes on ill gotten gains. HE put stupid stickers on cards he knew were his and trimmed. HE was Eddie Embelisher in his descriptions. HE was the Maestro. How fitting his name is Brent Mastro, pun intended.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1902257)

It would depend what it was and for what purpose it was being offered. What on this thread could possibly be admissible in a trial against PWCC or Brent?

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Yes this will all be Exhibit A in United States vs Brent Mastro. Leon, seriously you’re kidding right?

CMIZ5290 07-24-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1902258)
I just want the cheater effer to come out and say HE targeted the cards that were to be trimmed and altered, HE ran a shill bidding operation, he cheated e-bay, HE didn't pay his taxes on ill gotten gains. HE put stupid stickers on cards he knew were his and trimmed. HE was Eddie Embelisher in his descriptions. HE was the Maestro. How fitting his name is Brent Mastro, pun intended.

Knowing Brent and Betsy Huigens, sincere good luck with that....

kateighty 07-24-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902249)
LOL. This must be an interesting family dynamic.

I'm guessing their family Thanksgiving is going to be pretty pretty pretttyyy interesting this year.

CMIZ5290 07-24-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902261)
Yes this will all be Exhibit A in United States vs Brent Mastro. Leon, seriously you’re kidding right?

This is where I'm confused....If Jeff is defending Brent then he is arguing Brent's knowledge to these crimes, correct? So if that's the case, why couldn't these posts and threads be a concern where he is blasting his credibility?

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1902258)

Don't leave out chemical cleaning as long as you're making a list.

guy3050 07-24-2019 05:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA0glbG6c-8

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 1902266)

Love it!!

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-24-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Sure, but Jeff isn't on trial.

EDIT: Actually nobody is! Yet.

Leon 07-24-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902261)

It is sort of hard to get a feel for sarcasm sometimes, over the internet. I guess it is common knowledge you can be held accountable for what you say on a public chat board. Or do you not think so?

Leon 07-24-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1902273)
Sure, but Jeff isn't on trial.

My comments are not pertaining to Jeff, sorry for the miscommunication on my part. They are in general.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1902275)
It is sort of hard to get a feel for sarcasm sometimes, over the internet. I guess it is common knowledge you can be held accountable for what you say on a public chat board. Or do you not think so?

What posts are we talking about here?

I thought this started in the context of this particular thread. I was responding to post 189.

Leon 07-24-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902277)
What posts are we talking about here?

I thought this started in the context of this particular thread. I was responding to post 189.

I was only talking in general context as I just stated. Sorry about that. As far as Jeff posting anything, or representing Brent, again, you guys and girls can talk about that stuff. I have my own thoughts. sorry about that.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1902278)
I was only talking in general context as I just stated. Sorry about that. As far as Jeff posting anything, or representing Brent, again, you guys and girls can talk about that stuff. I have my own thoughts. sorry about that.

Oh ok well sure in theory if something said here was relevant and otherwise admissible.

JeremyW 07-24-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1902232)
And that is at least enough to have your full name out here, I would think? I know you but most others probably don't.

Sorry, I thought I let it be known when necessary.
Jeremy Wa@oner.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-24-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1902276)
My comments are not pertaining to Jeff, sorry for the miscommunication on my part. They are in general.

I understand, it just seemed the thread had taken the turn to trying the lawyer. You know pretty unequivocally where I stand, but that doesn't mean I think it's OK to attack someone's entire life, that's all.

I guess it makes me look like I approve of everything he does. Accept where I point out repeatedly that I don't :)

1952boyntoncollector 07-24-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902194)
Who said he texted anyone during a trial?

man look what i missed.......why does everyone care about personal stuff.....i just go by what is said on the board....personal stuff is personal man....

hmm maybe ill pull a jeff and criticize Microsoft on many things and then they hire me....

Kenny Cole 07-24-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902279)
Oh ok well sure in theory if something said here was relevant and otherwise admissible.

You mean, like it wasn't hearsay or subject to an exception? Not a FRE 403 issue? Not a 404 issue? It would be pretty easy to make several other arguments to keep all of this out as well. I think you would have to be pretty imaginative and have a pretty understanding judge to get most of this in.

japhi 07-24-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902155)
Matt, you may be right but I hope you're wrong. He can't dictate how the FBI chooses to handle this but he can lay out the picture in a way few others can. My brother has very few things in life that mean a lot to him and this hobby is one of them. He has more business than hours in a year. He has no need for this case financially.

Fair enough, I can appreciate where you are coming from and respect your position

Johnny630 07-24-2019 06:56 PM

If this ever gets to court it would be cool if the judge presiding over the case was a vintage card collector :-)

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Cole (Post 1902298)
You mean, like it wasn't hearsay or subject to an exception? Not a FRE 403 issue? Not a 404 issue? It would be pretty easy to make several other arguments to keep all of this out as well. I think you would have to be pretty imaginative and have a pretty understanding judge to get most of this in.

I didn't mean anything on this thread, or in any other thread, I just meant in theory. That's how I took Leon's question.

asphaltman 07-24-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 1902301)
If this ever gets to court it would be cool if the judge presiding over the case was a vintage card collector :-)

I believe I read somewhere once that Judge Ito collected low grade filler Zeenuts. :D

Kenny Cole 07-24-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902303)
I didn't mean anything on this thread, or in any other thread, I just meant in theory.

I am once again not disagreeing with you. I just think it would be extraordinarily difficult, verging on impossible, to get what Jeff said before he was retained, into evidence. Haven't really sat down and given it the thought I would if was an issue in one of my cases. But I'm not seeing it at first glance.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Cole (Post 1902307)
I am once again not disagreeing with you. I just think it would be extraordinarily difficult, verging on impossible, to get what Jeff said before he was retained, into evidence. Haven't really sat down and given it the thought I would if was an issue in one of my cases. But I'm not seeing it at first glance.

Impossible. Not his lawyer so not an admission. Inadmissible opinion. Irrelevant. Unduly prejudicial. Etc.

Fuddjcal 07-24-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902168)
All I can say to this is I’m sure 99% of you wish you were in the financial position he is. I’m not bragging because I’m sure he could care less what any of you think but again, he did not take this case for the fee. As hard as this may be to do, try and think through how this problem would have played out without his involvement. Like all of the others maybe? People are getting paid back for altered cards, stories are getting written in national papers, and so on. Do you think with any of your involvement this could have happened? Is it better nothing gets done or all of us just complaining on message boards?

I appreciated what you're saying. I think it just stings some of us because he is so passionate about cards and knows EXACTLY what Brent Mastro was up to. To have him on THAT side of this fiasco is a tough BITTER pill to swallow for me. It's total BS.

Republicaninmass 07-24-2019 07:18 PM

"Out dam spot"

Lady McHugiens

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1902314)
"Out dam spot"

Lady McHugiens

Bleach, to thy work.

Fuddjcal 07-24-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902265)
Don't leave out chemical cleaning as long as you're making a list.

How could I forget, the chemicals.:D

Especially as a hazardous waste specialist. I hope they are getting rid of their flammable liquids on a hazardous waste manifest. Those illegal dumping charges are tough to beat.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1902317)
How could I forget, the chemicals.:D

Especially as a hazardous waste specialist. I hope the are getting rid of their flammable liquids on a hazardous waste manifest. Those illegal dumping charges are tough to beat.

The cards themselves are probably hazardous.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1902313)
I appreciated what you're saying. I think it just stings some of us because he is so passionate about cards and knows EXACTLY what Brent Mastro was up to. To have him on THAT side of this fiasco is a tough BITTER pill to swallow for me. It's total BS.

Chuck, I totally understand that it feels very tough to accept but is the goal to punish Brent to the fullest extent the government wants to (and who knows what that is if anything?) or is it to try and solve the bigger problem and in addition try to get those affected their money back?

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902321)
Chuck, I totally understand that it feels very tough to accept but is the goal to punish Brent to the fullest extent the government wants to (and who knows what that is if anything?) or is it to try and solve the bigger problem and in addition try to get those affected their money back?

How are you defining the bigger problem? And what do you suggest can possibly remediate it?

Johnny630 07-24-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902320)
The cards themselves are probably hazardous.

Cards will one day disintegrate in slab.....one will wonder .......its the Chemical Wizard

Mark17 07-24-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1901800)
However, he loses just about every argument he says on net54 now with posters in the past given the hypocritical nature of all. Tough to know what he really believes

Not sure if the word "believe" applies to lawyers. It is a term that seems to be relative to them, when a client comes calling.

Kenny Cole 07-24-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1902313)

I think I will the go with the suggestion that we wait and see. I am also not happy that Jeff agreed to represent PWCC, and I very much hope that Brent goes down in flames. But, as has been said before, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one is filled first.

Kenny Cole 07-24-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1902314)
"Out dam spot"

Lady McHugiens

Bleach is how they get the "damn spot" out, right?

vintagetoppsguy 07-24-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1902321)

Maybe you missed my earlier post. I'll ask again. Why is Jeff so concerned about getting restitution for those affected? Did he champion the cause for restitution for El Chapo's victims? Sure, many of them were from rival cartels, but many innocent people were killed too. What about restitution for the victims families?

Good ol' Jeff...always thinking about compensation for others. How selfless? :rolleyes:

Edited to add: And, from what I understand, Brent was already refunding people even before being represented by Jeff. If I'm wrong, correct me on that. If I'm right, stop bullshitting that it's because of Jeff's involvement.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902330)
Maybe you missed my earlier post. I'll ask again. Why is Jeff so concerned about getting restitution for those affected? Did he champion the cause for restitution for El Chapo's victims? Sure, many of them were from rival cartels, but many innocent people were killed too. What about restitution for the victims families?

Good ol' Jeff...always thinking about compensation for others. How selfless? :rolleyes:

Edited to add: And, from what I understand, Brent was already refunding people even before being represented by Jeff. If I'm wrong, correct me on that. If I'm right, stop bullshitting that it's because of Jeff's involvement.

El Chapo was not a cooperator. David, stick to what you know.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Cole (Post 1902329)
Bleach is how they get the "damn spot" out, right?

Hey I already said that.

CuriousGeorge 07-24-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902323)
How are you defining the bigger problem? And what do you suggest can possibly remediate it?

From my vantage point scammers like Brent and Moser will always exist especially in an industry that is not regulated and does not appear to be on any governmental radar to be regulated in the near future. That being said, getting rid of Brent and Moser just gives you personal satisfaction but next month you have Trent and Hoser doing the same thing so you’re back to square one.

To me the bigger question lies with how are these cards getting slabbed by TPG’s? Are they just incompetent, paid off, or what? Why isn’t every card scanned when graded so when it comes back in altered it quickly shows up as previously graded? What responsibility do TPG’s have to honor their guarantees? If they are not and instead are giving people the runaround is someone going to legally challenge them? Is that all in the works? Are attorneys already engaged and preparing lawsuits?

All I know is it’s probably unrealistic to expect that 100% of altered cards are going to get caught by the TPG’s but aren’t we at a point where obviously altered cards are getting through with no issue. Can Brent help shed light on how that is happening? Does he have information that it’s anything other than incompetence? I have no idea but I’d sure like to find out.

And even if it is just incompetence isn’t it time TPG’s shouldn’t be able to hide behind self serving statements? Is someone going to hold them accountable? If there are better mechanisms in place to detect fraud does it ultimately matter if a few cards get through? Does Macy’s know a couple percentage of their sales is going to be lost to various theft? Does that mean that they still don’t do everything they can to stop it? Are TPG’s?

As nauseating as Brent is, who is the bigger problem him or Steve Sloan who is putting out embarrassing statements. Do you think he’s trying to help you?

If in the end Brent can help shed some light on these topics and in return gets treated favorably isn’t that a better result than him going to jail forever and nothing else changing? And in no way am I insinuating any of things are happening or will happen but don’t you think if they could that would be a better result?

Feel free to shoot away.

Kenny Cole 07-24-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902334)
Hey I already said that.

LOL, must have missed it. I absolutely HATE agreeing with you again. This is starting to become routine. :)

japhi 07-24-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1902330)

Don’t post here a lot so please take this question at face value....

Why is this so personal for you? I see a lot of people disappointed with this
representation but it seems to bother you on a whole different level.

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Cole (Post 1902337)
LOL, must have missed it. I absolutely HATE agreeing with you again. This is starting to become routine. :)

Maybe because we both despise fraudsters?

Republicaninmass 07-24-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1902332)
El Chapo was not a cooperator. David, stick to what you know.

The silence would be deafening

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bnorth 07-24-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1902340)
The silence would be deafening

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LOL, Ted my friend you are killing me.:)