Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Vintage Tickets - 1895 Omahogs Baseball - Value & Grading Advice Requested... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=142534)

barrysloate 02-29-2012 08:36 AM

Meatloaf- here's what troubles me:

I don't care that you are asking 10K for the ticket; that's between you and a potential buyer and it's not my business. But you describe it as super rare and that it would be the cornerstone of a collection. What you leave out is that you have a total of forty tickets, and that they originated from what can be considered a hoard found in 2011 (and there may have been more than two books found, I don't know).

Since any 19th century baseball ticket can be considered rare, the fact that there are forty or more of these now makes them rather common. Don't you feel an obligation to share this information in your description? Shouldn't a buyer make an educated decision based on the information known about it? Seems like calling it super rare is too much of an ethical stretch.

ibuysportsephemera 02-29-2012 08:42 AM

I agree with Scotty, they are nice tickets, but with 2 full booklets and many graded there is no scarcity. IMO, the price is at best a hundred to a few hundred each...spaced out over time so that they don't pop up on completed eBay searches.

Jeff

meatloaf 02-29-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 971381)

I don't care that you are asking 10K for the ticket; that's between you and a potential buyer and it's not my business. But you describe it as super rare and that it would be the cornerstone of a collection. What you leave out is that you have a total of forty tickets, and that they originated from what can be considered a hoard found in 2011 (and there may have been more than two books found, I don't know).

Since any 19th century baseball ticket can be considered rare, the fact that there are forty or more of these now makes them rather common. Don't you feel an obligation to share this information in your description? Shouldn't a buyer make an educated decision based on the information known about it? Seems like calling it super rare is too much of an ethical stretch.

Sure, will do. I have it on ebay only to find out what people are willing to pay. The beauty of BIN/OBO is that I can set the price super high and see where the mean offers fall. More than likely I am going to send some of the tickets off to a high end auction house and let them take care of it. So they will provide the details on how they were obtained, total #, etc. I really don't care if it fails to sell on ebay. My game is gauging a price before choosing an auction house. I will hold onto the rest. So 40 exist...but only a hand full shall come up for sale. I read there are a lot of people judging me. That is fine. I love America and freedom of speech. I am not a scam artist and I don't collect for a living. It is a side hobby and also a side business, in which I have done well with my model. If others are critical of it, no problem.

meatloaf 02-29-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 971381)

From your feedback, auction content updated. Like I said before, not my game to sell it via Fee-bay. Gauging the price. Thanks.

barrysloate 02-29-2012 09:09 AM

Thanks.

RichardSimon 02-29-2012 09:34 AM

Don't ya just love a guy who has made 20 or so posts, most offering sale items, none of which really gave advice, who comes on the board, asks for advice and then totally ignores the advice and destroys a true rarity.
Also tends to cast a cloud over the story of "doing this for a friend."

smotan_02 02-29-2012 09:41 AM

If you had the ticket for $750 BIN OBO, you may get a better sense of the true value. I would maybe offer you $200 with that BIN, but would not offer you $200 with a $10K bin. Of course, you may get lucky and find the one person willing to pay $750 or more.

Now the real question...are you lucky enough to find two people willing to pay?

meatloaf 02-29-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smotan_02 (Post 971412)
If you had the ticket for $750 BIN OBO, you may get a better sense of the true value. I would maybe offer you $200 with that BIN, but would not offer you $200 with a $10K bin. Of course, you may get lucky and find the one person willing to pay $750 or more.

Now the real question...are you lucky enough to find two people willing to pay?

I guess that is the $10k question.

Leon 02-29-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 971408)

Maybe he is friends with himself?

GrayGhost 02-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardsimon (Post 971408)
don't ya just love a guy who has made 20 or so posts, most offering sale items, none of which really gave advice, who comes on the board, asks for advice and then totally ignores the advice and destroys a true rarity.

+1000