Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Frustrated with USPS tracking? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=293627)

jayshum 04-11-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2091697)
The frustrating thing, it seems to me anyway, is that there are ebbs and flows of delivery. Things will zip thru relatively quickly for a while and then with no explanation grind to a halt.

I've got 11 packages either coming or going right now and nearly all are facing a delay. It's like a horse race to see which one crosses the line first and they all seem to be fading down the stretch. I've got one that arrived in Houston (my town) on Thursday. During good times, that would mean possibly that day or likely the next, it would show up at my door. Now? No tracking update since it arrived on Thursday and no packages at my door.

I had a card coming to me in NJ from TX that literally showed "In Transit Arriving Late" for 3 weeks in March through early April with no update, then one day, it miraculously arrived in Newark and was delivered to me a few days later. I put in a lost package report during that time and got a call from my local PO who told me there was not much he could do but that he was aware of significant delays from certain parts of the country including TX and the mid-west.

During the same time, I mailed something to someone in TX and also received a different package from TX, both in 4 or 5 days so it is definitely luck of the draw in many cases.

topcat61 04-11-2021 10:06 AM

I was expecting a card on February 15, 2021 and it has yet to arrive from the Bronx. I put in an inquiry and they said that the airplane it was on had broken down and was awaiting parts in the South but it would arrive.

A month later I put in another inquiry and this is what they said -

"Since it has been over thirty days with no scans, you may file a Mail Recovery Search, at USPS.com, after creating a secure account.

It is unfortunate that the mailer did not opt for insurance at the time of mailing. First Class Mail does not include any built in insurance with this classification of mail, like Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express, therefore a claim cannot be filed.

Please know, Congress has affirmed the exclusion of claims arising from loss, miscarriage or negligent transmission of mail from coverage of the Tort Claims Act, Title 18, Section 268(b), Federal Tort Claims Act, which states that the Postal Service specifically is excluded by federal law from liability for any claim arising out of the loss, miscarriage, or negligent transmission of letters of postal matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you".

bnorth 04-12-2021 12:26 PM

Today it wasn't the shipping it was the moron behind the counter.

I had 5 different Randy Johnson rookie Marlboro error versions ruined. As soon as I handed them the bubble mailer she was determined to bend it in half both directions. On the 3rd time I asked her to stop. She continued to bend it back and forth while replying it would get bent in shipping anyway.

Then she said I could not send it as a package any way. At that time I was just trying to get my damaged cards back because I can't send them to the buyer now anyway.

Luckily I have extras and can send out undamaged cards in the morning when there is a different person working the counter.

I would rather have them lose my cards than destroy them in front of me when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.:mad:

jchcollins 04-12-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2092127)

I had 5 different Randy Johnson rookie Marlboro error versions ruined. As soon as I handed them the bubble mailer she was determined to bend it in half both directions. On the 3rd time I asked her to stop. She continued to bend it back and forth while replying it would get bent in shipping anyway.

Then she said I could not send it as a package any way. At that time I was just trying to get my damaged cards back because I can't send them to the buyer now anyway.

Luckily I have extras and can send out undamaged cards in the morning when there is a different person working the counter.

I would rather have them lose my cards than destroy them in front of me when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.:mad:

Wow. I would have totally lost my $hit.

bobcatfunds 04-12-2021 01:07 PM

I have had a few packages marked as "delivered", but not actually arriving until the next day. (...at least they got here.)

jchcollins 04-12-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcatfunds (Post 2092143)
I have had a few packages marked as "delivered", but not actually arriving until the next day. (...at least they got here.)

That's a USPS trick that well predates the pandemic.

RL 04-12-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

You should contact the USPS and file a complaint about the employee purposely destroying your mail.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-12-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

First, demand to speak to her boss in person (better yet, in front of her). People like this have no business keeping their jobs. Bring past eBay sales records of that card with you and demand a refund. If this gets you nowhere, move up the chain. Make sure to mention that they would have security footage evidence of the worker destroying your items. Next time, make sure to open each package right there on the counter and hold up each destroyed item for their cameras to see. Also, take your own video for extra backup. This is ridiculous.