Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Heritage putting up junk on their website for all to see. fake ALI (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=173817)

Runscott 08-28-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1177254)
I would wonder if someone did not agree with them what would happen:p

During my short visit to that page, I got the impression that the discussions were between the 'experts' at the planet, and a small group of carefully-screened people, with most of the discussions being planet people responding to their own posts;i.e-Travis starting a thread and then talking to/with himself.

So unless they create a member and plant a 'minor dissension' thread, there is really no damage of anyone arguing with their expert opinions.

As has been said frequently in the past: "It's a very small planet."

mighty bombjack 08-28-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1177253)
It is, without a doubt, "problems are prevalent." In his sentence, prevalent describes the problems, not the infighting.

I disagree and see no reason, syntactically, why that is so. It would surely be clearer to use a definite article to refer to infighting if that were indeed what were prevalent, but it is not necessary. You can say that your interpretation is true "without doubt," but it is interpretation only and therefore open to credible doubt. In fact, the vast majority of defining relative clauses modify by proximity, which means that in a case of ambiguity, we could fall back on the interpretation that the relative pronoun "that" is modifying the noun in closest proximity, which in this case is the aforementioned "infighting." However, you are using larger contextual clues to interpret that it is modifying the earlier-occurring "problems." That's a fair interpretation, but it is far from being "without doubt," and I revel in the fact that very few things dealing with language are such.

David Atkatz 08-28-2013 09:25 PM

Wayne, that is probably the clearest and best thought out reply to a post of mine that I have ever seen.

mighty bombjack 08-28-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1177263)
Wayne, that is probably the clearest and best thought out reply to a post of mine that I have ever seen.

Thanks bro. Something needs to have focus in what has become a mess of a thread.

Exhibitman 08-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

No soup for you!

Runscott 08-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1177267)
Thanks bro. Something needs to have focus in what has become a mess of a thread.

For some weird reason, even without meaningful input from 'the creator', Travis threads are often long and interesting....often for unintended reasons.

Scott Garner 08-29-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1177049)
Wow...I just posted a thread about the 3rd Bass thing...had no idea...I guess a reunion tour was necessary...

As Price Minister Peter Nice (AKA Nash) would say:
You bet your A** Motherf****ers! :p
What a load...

Rich Klein 08-29-2013 04:26 AM

To CW

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1172673)
Geez, Rich, I guess Travis & Nora Roste, Todd Mueller and Koschal must like you. I see they accepted you as a member of "The Planet."

They must like people from Dallas. :D

Big Dave 08-29-2013 12:55 PM

A very interesting story that has been posted in another thread.......

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/...24e6eb9d57c4fc

Wymers Auction 08-29-2013 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Tarred and feathered?

thetruthisoutthere 08-29-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1177328)
They must like people from Dallas. :D

Lucky you, Rich...:)

shelly 08-29-2013 06:02 PM

Rich, why dont you ask the site to let Chris in and if not why?;)

Runscott 08-29-2013 06:33 PM

5 of the last 8 posts were Travis Roste responding to Travis Roste's discussion. 3 of the last 8 posts were Dan B responding to Travis Roste's discussion.

I don't see much room for Chris.

thetruthisoutthere 08-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1177629)
5 of the last 8 posts were Travis Roste responding to Travis Roste's discussion. 3 of the last 8 posts were Dan B responding to Travis Roste's discussion.

Scott, you once again seriously cracked me up!!!!

earlywynnfan 08-29-2013 06:40 PM

Does Travis respond to any direct questions to Travis' posts, or does he ignore them like he does here??

shelly 08-29-2013 06:42 PM

Travis wins. ;););););););)

thetruthisoutthere 08-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1177633)
Does Travis respond to any direct questions to Travis' posts, or does he ignore them like he does here??

Ken, try asking him....

Scott Garner 08-29-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1177631)
Scott, you once again seriously cracked me up!!!!

+1

slidekellyslide 08-29-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1177629)

Dan B is not me...obviously. I haven't tried to sign up but I doubt I'd be approved.

thetruthisoutthere 08-30-2013 03:05 PM

It's not a surprise that Travis hasn't replied to any of our comments.

Just amazing that he (Travis) is allowed free expression over here, but his (and Nora's) website is closed to "outside" participation.

slidekellyslide 08-30-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1178048)
It's not a surprise that Travis hasn't replied to any of our comments.

Just amazing that he (Travis) is allowed free expression over here, but his (and Nora's) website is closed to "outside" participation.

His deflection post was pretty hilarious though, wasn't it?

thetruthisoutthere 08-30-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1178069)
His deflection post was pretty hilarious though, wasn't it?

It was.

Although I really thought Travis was more creative than that.....

shelly 08-30-2013 07:48 PM

Sorry, what post are the two of you talking about?
:confused:

thetruthisoutthere 08-30-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1178144)
Sorry, what post are the two of you talking about?
:confused:

Shelly, below is a link to the deflection thread that Travis started....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174807

Big Dave 08-30-2013 08:06 PM

Mr. Williams,

What in that tread is a deflection from whatever you are referencing? I just read it and do not see any post from Travis except the first one, which contains a legitimate question.

slidekellyslide 08-30-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1178151)
Mr. Williams,

What in that tread is a deflection from whatever you are referencing? I just read it and do not see any post from Travis except the first one, which contains a legitimate question.

Travis decided to exit this thread when the heat was turned up on him so he posted a new thread. This is something he claims that we do to him on a constant basis.

thetruthisoutthere 08-30-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1178151)
Mr. Williams,

Dave, the thread itself was an attempt by Travis to deflect from this thread.

I do believe a few other members here saw right through it and commented on it.

Fuddjcal 08-31-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1178157)
Dave, the thread itself was an attempt by Travis to deflect from this thread.

I do believe a few other members here saw right through it and commented on it.

while I agree with most of Travis's viewpoints...he is a complete idiot with no social skills plain and simple. Big, dumb and stupid aligning himself with Steve Kocshal & Todd Mueller, arguably the biggest slime in the business (IMHO), ...was Travis jumping the shark. He is a broken record with much to offer, but he can't derail the train that's speeding 100mph out of control. When the Mueller-church connection took place, that was the last straw and one of the funniest things any collector can witness....lying and cheating all day (not travis) then preaching the gospel. It is god damned ridiculous is what it is. It's augmentative nincompoops and cheater f'ers that have completely turned me off to collecting....and Travis is a huge part of that mix, IMHO

Runscott 08-31-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1178357)
while I agree with most of Travis's viewpoints...he is a complete idiot with no social skills plain and simple. Big, dumb and stupid aligning himself with Steve Kocshal & Todd Mueller, arguably the biggest slime in the business (IMHO), ...was Travis jumping the shark. He is a broken record with much to offer, but he can't derail the train that's speeding 100mph out of control. When the Mueller-church connection took place, that was the last straw and one of the funniest things any collector can witness....lying and cheating all day (not travis) then preaching the gospel. It is god damned ridiculous is what it is. It's augmentative nincompoops and cheater f'ers that have completely turned me off to collecting....and Travis is a huge part of that mix, IMHO

Everything you say is true, but it's only the "cheater f'ers" who actually piss me off, but they don't turn me off to the hobby. Many of us keep responding to Travis because we do think that because of his knowledge, he could be much more useful to the hobby, so we try to talk some sense into him. At some point he might figure out that most of us are on his side, but that we would rather hear him share information than repeat his TPA rants.

thetruthisoutthere 08-31-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1178156)
Travis decided to exit this thread...

And he (Travis) has yet to return.....

shelly 08-31-2013 01:38 PM

The problem is that there are 229 post and he is no where to be found. :eek:

thetruthisoutthere 08-31-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1178357)

That's funny, Chuck, "The Mueller-Church Connection."

earlywynnfan 08-31-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1178394)
That's funny, Chuck, "The Mueller-Church Connection."

I thought the funny part was Chuck bashing someone else's social skills! I actually picture Fudd as the bad guy from Johnny Dangerously, showing physical pain as he tries not to let loose a torrent of swear words. The Fargin' Icehole!!

Ken

thetruthisoutthere 08-31-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1178396)

I thought the funny part was Chuck bashing someone else's social skills! I actually picture Fudd as the bad guy from Johnny Dangerously, showing physical pain as he tries not to let loose a torrent of swear words. The Fargin' Icehole!!

Ken

Ken, your comment might be the perfect segue for Travis to come back.

earlywynnfan 08-31-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1178423)
Ken, your comment might be the perfect segue for Travis to come back.

I think Travis has me blocked. Every time I ask him a question on here, he somehow must not see it.

thetruthisoutthere 08-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1178437)
I think Travis has me blocked. Every time I ask him a question on here, he somehow must not see it.

How could Travis possibly see your comment, Ken. He's on another "Planet."

shelly 08-31-2013 05:42 PM

237 Enough. Not going to answere and your only talking to yourselves.:confused:

thetruthisoutthere 08-31-2013 06:47 PM

Travis isn't on another "Planet."

He's on the "other side."

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...174893&page=11

Fuddjcal 09-01-2013 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=earlywynnfan;1178396]

Ken[/QUOTE

LOL I agree Ken,

it's just taken a toll on me & I really have nothing to add anymore other than to show my sincere disdain for the Church-connection and the pond scum which is Travis, IMHO