Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to hear some good news. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202323)

DHogan 04-01-2024 03:25 PM

I went for a ride on the back roads of central Massachusetts today and saw something in the middle of the road. I thought it was a dead animal that someone hit. I started to go around it and saw that it was alive ! It was a very young porcupine ! I didn't want it to get hit. So I tried to get it to move. It came up to me and then tried to go under my car. Not what I needed. It started to move into the woods and decides to stop again. So I tapped it with my foot. It turns it's back to me and did the quills up threat. I have now been threatened by a baby porcupine ! :LOL:

Seven 04-01-2024 04:05 PM

An April update.

Dad has been home for a little over two weeks now. He is getting around with a cane, but is very determined to make a full recovery. His speech and cognitive function is more or less back to normal. He admits, that asking him too many questions at once confuses him but it's dissipating as time goes on. The human body is an incredible thing. He has many appointments lined up, but things are on the up and up.

bnorth 04-01-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven (Post 2423855)
An April update.

Dad has been home for a little over two weeks now. He is getting around with a cane, but is very determined to make a full recovery. His speech and cognitive function is more or less back to normal. He admits, that asking him too many questions at once confuses him but it's dissipating as time goes on. The human body is an incredible thing. He has many appointments lined up, but things are on the up and up.

That is great. Wishing him a full recovery.:)

hendrikdavid669 04-03-2024 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven (Post 2423855)
An April update.

Am wishing him a great recovery, he should do like a man and get well soon.....

aj406085 04-11-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 2423844)
I went for a ride on the back roads of central Massachusetts today and saw something in the middle of the road. I thought it was a dead animal that someone hit. I started to go around it and saw that it was alive ! It was a very young porcupine ! I didn't want it to get hit. So I tried to get it to move. It came up to me and then tried to go under my car. Not what I needed. It started to move into the woods and decides to stop again. So I tapped it with my foot. It turns it's back to me and did the quills up threat. I have now been threatened by a baby porcupine ! [emoji38]

Lol [emoji23]🥸

Sent.. from iphone

todeen 05-11-2024 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a longer updated answer in another thread "Little League Donations," but today I gave away roughly 12k cards (40 boxes) at a little league celebration due to the generosity of collectors in this group and on Twitter.
Attachment 621250

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

DHogan 05-11-2024 06:58 PM

Very cool of you to do that Tim. :)

pawpawdiv9 05-15-2024 08:41 AM

Need a good laugh, listen to this:
https://youtu.be/yuoFsi2iIi0
:D

todeen 05-18-2024 04:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Second and final baseball card giveaway this year. 52 boxes today, bringing a total of 92 boxes. Today's giveaway was during A Gonzaga Baseball game against Pepperdine. Kids were on the field for the national anthem. Afterwards they came to a grassy play area where I was set up. I think 70 kids were in attendance, so nearly everyone got a box.
Attachment 621959
Attachment 621960

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk