Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   UPDATE....RESOLVED thanks to Jackie Curiel.... PSA won't give me an answer on card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=293438)

russkcpa 12-15-2020 03:16 PM

UPDATE....RESOLVED thanks to Jackie Curiel.... PSA won't give me an answer on card

2 Attachment(s)
Submitted this 1956 Killebrew for dual grading

Comes back:
Card-Authentic
Signature-9

I'm trying to get clarification out of PSA as to the reason for the authentic
grade on the card. I've called numerous times and elect to be put in he call back queue but have never received a call !!
Can I get an explanation from my grader ? This is very frustrating especially since I expected a nice grade on the card.
Sorry about quality of pics.
Russ

oldeboo 12-15-2020 03:22 PM

I'm not a PSA expert, but I think you have two options. Auto grade only or dual grade(card and auto) for an extra fee. Maybe you checked the wrong box or they messed up? Someone with more experience will probably chime in.

Edit: Sorry, saw you submitted as dual grading, so they must have messed up. The card looks fine with a quick glance.

JeremyW 12-15-2020 03:39 PM

Looking at your back scan, the bottom looks wavy to me.

bounce 12-15-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldeboo (Post 2045852)
I'm not a PSA expert, but I think you have two options. Auto grade only or dual grade(card and auto) for an extra fee. Maybe you checked the wrong box or they messed up? Someone with more experience will probably chime in.

Edit: Sorry, saw you submitted as dual grading, so they must have messed up. The card looks fine with a quick glance.

this is what i thought too. slab looks like authenticate card, grade auto

i think if you checked grade both, and something was wrong with the card, they would not have said "authentic" - they'd have kicked it back without grading either - at least i think that's what they would have done

bounce 12-15-2020 04:00 PM

i'll add too - the 9 auto grade is so stupid - it's because he ran that one part off the bottom of the card

just an fyi for next time - if any part of the signature runs off the card it won't come back a 10 auto

dumb but it is how they do it

YazFenway08 12-15-2020 06:50 PM

I know it is frustrating...but that is a fantastic looking card

russkcpa 12-15-2020 07:54 PM

Well this is the 4th time I've asked for a call back from customer service and never received one. Their customer service is useless.
I hate to contact Jackie Curiel but I know she could probably give me some information.

hcv123 12-16-2020 09:37 AM

Be grateful..

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkcpa (Post 2045954)
Well this is the 4th time I've asked for a call back from customer service and never received one. Their customer service is useless.
I hate to contact Jackie Curiel but I know she could probably give me some information.

You didn't decide that you didn't trust the call back system and waited on hold for 4 hours 2 separate times only to be disconnected like I did!!

Republicaninmass 12-16-2020 09:47 AM

I also never got a call back from their system.

I'd say if you asked for dual, most likely trimmed. Still a great card, but sadly no card grade available. I have quite a few like that. Way back when, people would search these cards out to get signed. Present well, but trimmed. Now, more unscrupulous folk can get away with just grading the auto, and not mentioning the card was trimmed. Not say it's what happened, but it's hard to tell in a holder.

russkcpa 12-16-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2046064)
You didn't decide that you didn't trust the call back system and waited on hold for 4 hours 2 separate times only to be disconnected like I did!!

Now that REALLY sucks !!

russkcpa 01-12-2021 04:00 AM

Thank you Jackie Curiel of PSA

1 Attachment(s)
I contacted Jackie (PSA Chief of staff) and sent the card to her. Long story short....matter resolved and the card received a grade of NM 7 to go along with the Auto 9 grade. Jackie Curiel is fabulous but obviously PSA has issues....this was clearly submitted by me for review and dual grading and came back as authentic with an auto grade of 9. I had to pursue this because I was sure this card was not altered. Wonder how many others this has happened to. Now I am happy to report I own the highest dual graded 1956 Topps Killebrew card.....not worth a fortune but a great card for my collection.