Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How do I find the pop count for this? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=295258)

Eric72 01-22-2021 09:42 PM

How do I find the pop count for this?

1 Attachment(s)
I've been trying to find this blank back on the SGC pop report. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any numbers for a blank back. Can anyone help me figure out how many overall copies there are?

swarmee 01-23-2021 05:06 AM

I don't think SGC has yet figured out how to combine both their legacy (2018 and before) and current pop reports. At least I haven't seen any announcement or discussion that it finally works. So at this time, all they are showing in their Pop Reports to my knowledge, are the ones slabbed without the submission number-item number certifications they went to with their GOSGC modernization after they moved to South Florida.

You'll have to wait for them to reconnect the old database for it to show up in the Pop Report.

Wanaselja 01-23-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2059097)
I don't think SGC has yet figured out how to combine both their legacy (2018 and before) and current pop reports. At least I haven't seen any announcement or discussion that it finally works. So at this time, all they are showing in their Pop Reports to my knowledge, are the ones slabbed without the submission number-item number certifications they went to with their GOSGC modernization after they moved to South Florida.

You'll have to wait for them to reconnect the old database for it to show up in the Pop Report.

Does this mean that cards in the old green flip are not accounted for in the pop reports?

swarmee 01-23-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanaselja (Post 2059103)
Does this mean that cards in the old green flip are not accounted for in the pop reports?

Just looked up a set that I know about (T51 Murad), and it looks like they must have added back all the old cards in the original pop report. I can't see anyone having submitted 17x Adrian College cards within the past two years.

They must have merged the two with little to no fanfare. However, they do admit when you go to the page that there may be inconsistencies, and to try and report them if you find them.

Looks like they finally met a Monday deadline.

swarmee 01-23-2021 07:26 AM

So back to the original post, I don't see any cards listed in the 1960 Topps Pop Report on the SGC website that mentions a blank back. It may just be lumped into the VG 3 category as a standard card.

So it looks like you can go to the card in question, right click on the "566 Hank Aaron All-Star" line and select "Report an Issue." Then in the dropdown, there is a slot for "My card doesn't appear to be in the Pop Report." Fill out the information and maybe SGC will contact you when they break it back out into a Blank Back variation.

I reported one (listed as 350 Mickey Mantle Commemorative Reprint) to ask why a reprint was listed in their 1960 Topps set Pop Report. So we'll see how long it takes for them to fix.

Checking the cert lookup, that is correct:
Quote:

SEARCHED AUTH CODE: 1381910-034
SET: 1960 Topps
CARD #: 566
SUBJECT: Hank Aaron
DESCRIPTION: All-Star
GRADED ON: April 2016
GRADE: 3 VG/40
Nice to see the "Graded On" line as well. That should help out the BODA guys...

Eric72 01-23-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2059140)
So back to the original post, I don't see any cards listed in the 1960 Topps Pop Report on the SGC website that mentions a blank back. It may just be lumped into the VG 3 category as a standard card.

So it looks like you can go to the card in question, right click on the "566 Hank Aaron All-Star" line and select "Report an Issue." Then in the dropdown, there is a slot for "My card doesn't appear to be in the Pop Report." Fill out the information and maybe SGC will contact you when they break it back out into a Blank Back variation.

I reported one (listed as 350 Mickey Mantle Commemorative Reprint) to ask why a reprint was listed in their 1960 Topps set Pop Report. So we'll see how long it takes for them to fix.

Checking the cert lookup, that is correct:

Nice to see the "Graded On" line as well. That should help out the BODA guys...

Thank you for helping me to navigate the SGC website. I've completed the "report an issue" form. Guess we'll see if/when SGC adds it to their pop report.

swarmee 01-23-2021 10:27 AM

You're welcome. I've already submitted like 50 error requests on that set and the T51 Murad set, just for fun.
The pop report, despite the Facebook post from SGC saying that they spent months cleaning it up, is still LOUSY. Thanks for prompting me to go and do the research to locate it.

What I noticed is that there are no "BLANK BACK", "AUTO" (well, one...), "PROOF" etc variations in the pop report. So ALL of those (sans the one Carl Yastrzemski RC auto) are in the straight up condition numbers. I already requested that they break all those variations up, but on the opposite side, I recommended they split the "Presentation Set" variation into a separate set altogether instead of cluttering up the pop report for the regular 1960 Topps baseball set.

Now that I've noticed that you can see the "Graded on" date in their Cert lookup tool, I wonder how long it will take before they hide that information.... probably just one or two more findings by BODA.

Eric72 01-23-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2059213)
...I've noticed that you can see the "Graded on" date in their Cert lookup tool, I wonder how long it will take before they hide that information.... probably just one or two more findings by BODA.

On a related note, I've also noticed the "graded on" date is currently visible when searching BVG cert numbers on the Beckett site.

swarmee 01-23-2021 12:15 PM

Neat. Oh, and I already got one response thanking me for submitting the list of corrections for those two sets.

swarmee 01-29-2021 03:47 PM

Can you post an image of the card back? SGC emailed me that they need it to fix the listing.