Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2021 NHL Playoffs (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=302182)

Nunzio11 06-08-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 2105127)
Habs are gonna shock the world!!! Go habs go

What a call this has been!
First Toronto now a sweep of Winnipeg...unbelievable.
Folks must be going nuts up in Montreal!

TUM301 06-09-2021 04:29 AM

Game 6

Think the B`s sit Rask tonite and start the rookie in his 1`st playoff game, back issue. B`s rally around the kid and force a game 7, NHL game 7`s NOTHING better in sports ! Enjoy the game Kev.......................

Kevin 06-09-2021 04:41 AM

There are a few teams I just don’t like: 3 of them are Original 6 teams (Rangers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens). The other is the Vegas Knights. Like, why didn’t they suffer??

All this being said, I have the Habs in the playoff pool.

As for tonight, I think Cassidy was BRILLIANT! Take the onus off his team, put the spotlight on the refs...and he’s going to start the rookie goaltender. Team is going to rally around the goalie and they have an us VS them mentality going into the best venue in the sport (even after the face lift, best place in the league to watch a game).

I will be reporting live from the seats I saw the 1981 Cup!

irv 06-09-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 2111773)
There are a few teams I just don’t like: 3 of them are Original 6 teams (Rangers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens). The other is the Vegas Knights. Like, why didn’t they suffer??

All this being said, I have the Habs in the playoff pool.

As for tonight, I think Cassidy was BRILLIANT! Take the onus off his team, put the spotlight on the refs...and he’s going to start the rookie goaltender. Team is going to rally around the goalie and they have an us VS them mentality going into the best venue in the sport (even after the face lift, best place in the league to watch a game).

I will be reporting live from the seats I saw the 1981 Cup!

Lucky Dog!!

Just watching the singing of the National Anthem. :cool:

Enjoy!

Go B's! :D

Kevin 06-09-2021 09:16 PM

Wait, what? Irv rooting against the Isles?

TUM301 06-10-2021 06:46 AM

Good series for the Islanders and hopefully they can slow down and beat T Bay. B`s will have some tough $$$$ and direction questions this off season, should be very interesting. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs boys..................

irv 06-10-2021 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 2112112)
Wait, what? Irv rooting against the Isles?

I know some thought Boston would practically walk all over the Isle's, you included, but, personally, I am not surprised the Isle's beat them.

They are a good team, there is no doubt about it, especially now, so going forward, I hope they get by TB and go the big dance, but realistically speaking, I know it is going to be tougher for them than what Boston was.

I'd rather see a Vegas/Isle's Stanley Cup final than a Vegas/TB final, but that is, of course, assuming Vegas gets by the AV's.

Kevin 06-10-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2112173)
I know some thought Boston would practically walk all over the Isle's, you included, but, personally, I am not surprised the Isle's beat them.

Tampa in 4

I forget you guys just met me in October...

Kevin 06-10-2021 08:00 PM

Me? Born in 1973, grew up at the Coliseum. Dad had/has seasons from initial season to Brooklyn, then hasn’t missed a home game since they returned. It’s easy to root for a winner , but I survived the 25-28 years of schlock with Milbury/Wang and countless others.

Kevin 06-13-2021 07:03 PM

Tampa in 5

forceplay sport 06-14-2021 10:27 AM

I think the difference is Semyon Varlamov, this guy has been standing on his ear. I think the Isles can beat Tampa.

irv 06-14-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceplay sport (Post 2113597)
I think the difference is Semyon Varlamov, this guy has been standing on his ear. I think the Isles can beat Tampa.

I think it is going to be a heck of a series but I also think the Isle's can get it done.

I'll be surprised if the CDN's win a game in their series against Vegas. Vegas is looking really good, imo, and I can see them hoisting Lord Stanley this year.

TUM301 06-18-2021 11:12 AM

Isles have to have game 4, bounce here or there think they can do it.

irv 06-19-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2113872)
I think it is going to be a heck of a series but I also think the Isle's can get it done.

I'll be surprised if the CDN's win a game in their series against Vegas. Vegas is looking really good, imo, and I can see them hoisting Lord Stanley this year.

Well, so much for that prediction. :o

I honestly never dreamed, for one second, that the CDN's would be up on Vegas. It's a must win, imo, for Vegas to get the next one or they are in reall deep trouble.
I feel for Fleury. I don't imagine he got much sleep last night.

Shoeless Moe 06-19-2021 09:47 AM

Please.....3 time Stanley Cup winner already, he slept like a baby.

guy3050 06-19-2021 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2115046)
Well, so much for that prediction. :o

I honestly never dreamed, for one second, that the CDN's would be up on Vegas. It's a must win, imo, for Vegas to get the next one or they are in reall deep trouble.
I feel for Fleury. I don't imagine he got much sleep last night.

Huge Respect to Fleury for taking the time to celebrate his pass to Josh Anderson on the tying goal

Kevin 06-23-2021 09:34 AM

I’ve been to so many “last games at the Coliseum” events, I’m sort of numb to them. And you don’t think they’ll be playing pre-season games here ? Anyway...I passed on Game 4. Tums, did I ever respond to you? I was in the middle of a PM and the kids came in and distracted me.

So: I have the Canadiens in my own pool. I’m going to Game 6 Lightning @ Isles tonight. Missed out on Saturdays game - had a free ticket to boot, but I passed.

Prediction: Vegas or the Isles will come back from being down 3-2.

rjackson44 06-23-2021 11:09 AM

gooo habs

TUM301 06-24-2021 04:56 AM

Got your P M Kev, well we now have the best there is in sports an NHL playoff game 7 ! Go Isles.............................

irv 06-24-2021 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUM301 (Post 2116501)
Got your P M Kev, well we now have the best there is in sports an NHL playoff game 7 ! Go Isles.............................

That was a great win by the Isle's last night.
Hoping Vegas can do the same tonight in Montreal and play game 7 on their home ice.

Still shaking my head, however, at the reffing, or lack there of, during these playoffs. With all the talk about it in numerous circles it's hard to believe it has continued. :confused:

butchie_t 06-25-2021 07:52 AM

Did my heart good to see Vegas get dumped from the playoffs last night.

Hope the Isles can do the same tonight against Tampa.

Nunzio11 06-25-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2116754)
Did my heart good to see Vegas get dumped from the playoffs last night.

Hope the Isles can do the same tonight against Tampa.

Agreed Butchie! Vegas needs some heartbreak before winning.
Hopefully the Isles can knock off the salary cap exploiting Lightening and close the old barn in style.

How crazy are the COVID restrictions in Canada? 3,500 people allowed in the arena and about 100,000 outside in the streets. I bet the arena is full capacity for the Finals.

butchie_t 06-25-2021 09:23 AM

I’m a Caps fan, I know heartbreak and Vegas needs a bunch more for sure. Canada is crazy as it pertains to covid. Nice to see it did not stop the masses from celebrating though. Good for them.

I’m rooting for the Isles too. I’ll go back to hating on them at the start of next season. Here’s to them closing out the old barn in style.

Cheers,

Kevin 06-25-2021 10:06 AM

I have seats to 1&2 if they make it. 5&7 will be tough , but we will get it done.

Again, I don’t expect much tonight. If they falter, there may very well be some changes as the Isles are one of the older teams in the league.

Shoeless Moe 06-25-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2111084)
Tampa will repeat!

yer goddamn right!

Canadiens are a road apple.

brianclat11 06-27-2021 12:27 PM

Playoffs

Tampa is strong and fast. They dominated my Canes. I didn't think that would happen before that series, but we were overmatched.