Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heroes of Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117451)

Cat 11-05-2009 11:54 AM

Heroes of Sports

There is a Banner Ad for Heroes of Sports...nice selection of cards. Can they come on and tell us who they are? Not trying to shameless plug these guys (they state in "about us" that they are hobby guys) I had not heard of this new auction house.

Bicem 11-05-2009 12:12 PM

link?

E93 11-05-2009 12:15 PM

I know Will Jaimmet, the owner of Heroes of Sport since we both live in Portland. He is a good, trustworthy guy that I believe will run a top-notch, honest auction house. This auction is a pretty impressive first shot out of the gate. And he has been around the hobby his whole life. You may be more familiar with his pre-auction business, Rose City Sports. They seemed to do more post-war stuff, but he definitely has interest and knowledge in pre-war stuff and I think would like to move more in that direction.
JimB

P.S. I have no consignments in the auction and no personal stake in the success of the company. Just a little full disclosure for the inquiring minds. :)

drc 11-05-2009 12:25 PM

They have a strong eBay feedback rating as seller, 99.9% positive over a large volume of sales. And their eBay sales I saw were of higher end graded sports cards.

Cat 11-05-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicem (Post 760203)
link?

I just hit refresh a couple times and the ad. popped up.

http://www.heroesofsportauctions.com/

Cat 11-05-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E93 (Post 760204)
I know Will Jaimmet, the owner of Heroes of Sport since we both live in Portland. He is a good, trustworthy guy that I believe will run a top-notch, honest auction house. This auction is a pretty impressive first shot out of the gate. And he has been around the hobby his whole life. You may be more familiar with his pre-auction business, Rose City Sports. They seemed to do more post-war stuff, but he definitely has interest and knowledge in pre-war stuff and I think would like to move more in that direction.
JimB

P.S. I have no consignments in the auction and no personal stake in the success of the company. Just a little full disclosure for the inquiring minds. :)

Thanks Jim. That's what I was looking for.

Edited to say: I didn't go down far enough on their front page to see that he had signed a letter and left his name on that page.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 11-05-2009 01:12 PM

I met Will at this year`s National. I wish him much success with his business venture and have enjoyed dealing and speaking with him.

Jim VB 11-05-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicem (Post 760203)
link?

Here you go, Jeff.

http://www.heroesofsportauctions.com/

Matt 11-05-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 760234)

oh - thank goodness you provided that link; the one Cat posted hours ago required me to scroll up to find it.

Jim VB 11-05-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 760235)
oh - thank goodness you provided that link; **sarcasm font on**the one Cat posted hours ago required me to scroll up to find it.**sarcasm font off**

Hey, speed reading and reading comprehension are two entirely different skill sets!

Matt 11-05-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 760246)
Hey, speed reading and reading comprehension are two entirely different skill sets!

actually - the whole thing was in sarcasm font (no really - put a square brackets with the word sarcasm at the start and another with a backslash at the end of your text and you too can have the sarcasm font.)

slidekellyslide 11-05-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E93 (Post 760204)
JimB

Didn't Will Jaimmet run Oregon Trail Auction in the 1990s? Some of those auctions had some incredible memorabilia items.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 11-05-2009 09:02 PM

That was Will's dad.

paul 11-05-2009 09:18 PM

I hope nobody outbids me on the PSA10 1975 Topps Dick Tidrow. :)

But the rest of the stuff is very nice.

barrysloate 11-06-2009 04:40 AM

Scott Jaimet ran Oregon Trails.

oldjudge 11-06-2009 11:20 AM

Hopefully the descriptions will be more accurate than this excerpt from the Clarkson N172 description:

"This SGC-graded John Clarkson throw, R/hand hip high, R/profile-Boston Old Judge is one of the rarest poses from the entire N172 set."

Bosox Blair 11-06-2009 01:04 PM

If Will reads this thread, a little feedback.

I didn't see some of the obvious key info posted anywhere that I could find easily, such as:

- When does the auction close? It looks like if you count off the days on the "time left" on the lots, it puts it at December 9 maybe?

- What (if any) is the buyer's premium?

Leon 11-06-2009 02:59 PM

at least one answer is easy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosox Blair (Post 760375)
If Will reads this thread, a little feedback.

I didn't see some of the obvious key info posted anywhere that I could find easily, such as:

- When does the auction close? It looks like if you count off the days on the "time left" on the lots, it puts it at December 9 maybe?

- What (if any) is the buyer's premium?

I can't speak to the Buyers premium but the banner says, in rather large letters, Nov.18th to Dec. 9th......so that much is rather obvious. I do agree he needs to have a facts page with these few things and some others. I am (fairly) sure he will update the site before auction opening. Also, in his defense we put his banner up before he asked as a favor for his advertising. I must say it is a very nice auction right out of the block....

Bosox Blair 11-06-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 760392)
I can't speak to the Buyers premium but the banner says, in rather large letters, Nov.18th to Dec. 9th......so that much is rather obvious.

I never saw the banner here - I just went direct to his website, which does not state the closing date for the auction anywhere that I can see.

I agree that this looks like a nice auction with a lot of interesting items.

HeroesOfSport 11-07-2009 10:55 AM

Website

Gentlemen,

We just finished our catalog this past week and will be updating our website this upcoming week. Thank you for all your kind words, I really appreciate it! Also, if anyone is interested in getting a catalog, please send me a pm with your email and mailing address, and I will add you to our mailing list.

Take Care,

Will Jaimet
www.HeroesOfSportAuctions.com
Cell: (503) 621-7386