Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ***Item SOLD, Thanks ** Black Sox Claude "Lefty" Williams Minor League Card/Piece (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122171)

Tim Kindler 03-27-2010 09:35 PM

***Item SOLD, Thanks ** Black Sox Claude "Lefty" Williams Minor League Card/Piece

3 Attachment(s)
F/S Circa 1914 Minor League Claude "Lefty" Williams Minor League Card from Sacramento. This paper thin piece was part of a fan-folding type pamphlet that featured Sacramento players and featured a playing tip or finding a player's average of somekind on the back. This particular part from the fan-fold features an early image of Lefty Williams, the Black Sox pitcher who lost 3games in the series, including the final game that doomed the Sox. It is in really nice condition considering the thinness of the paper (about Colgan's Chip thickness). There are a few light wrinkles, one in the top right corner, and one that goes from William's foot to the other foot, and one from that wrinkle down into his name Lefty less than a cm long. The two side edges are skightly "furry" since they were torn from the fanfold like if you wet a piece of notebook paper, folded it and tore it apart, but a very clean tear. The back is clean with no paper loss or staining.

I purchased this from Rhys Yeakly (Thanks Rhys!) this summer at the National in Cleveland. He would attest to its authenticity. He told me that he only knew of one other one from a prominent Pacific Coast Collector who has the whole fan-fold piece.

May be a one of a kind as a single piece for any Black Sox Collector out there. I don't know if SGC would grade such a thing, but they do grade things such as notebook covers and an envelope with Wagner on it that I saw in a recent auctiuon, so it probably will grade, but I never tried to send it in.

Item Sold Thanks for looking.
First to email me at stkindler@verizon.net gets it. Please, payment by Moneyorder, or "good" check. Sorry, no Paypal Sorry I have such a poor scanner. It is in one of those very thick plastic screw tight holders.
Thanks for looking.
Tim Kindler

Tim Kindler 03-29-2010 04:34 PM

Bump for price reduction

Bump- Reduced to $575.

Tim Kindler 03-30-2010 07:59 PM

Final Bump for Price

Bump for price.
Item sold, Thanks for looking
Thanks, Tim

Tim Kindler 03-30-2010 08:10 PM

F/S Lot of 7 out of 11 E90-2 Pirates Set w/ Clarke

5 Attachment(s)
For Sale: Lot of 7 out othe 11 in the set of the E90-2 Pirates Set from American Caramel

Cards are: Ham Hyatt SGC 50 Tied for the highest Graded by SGC
Fred Carke SGC 30 Hall of Famer
Nick Maddox SGC 30
Babe Adams SGC 30
Owen Wilson SGC 30
Sam Leever SGC 20
Dots Miller SGC 10 (front is nice, paper loss on back)
**LOT SOLD THANKS for looking****

If you wish, I can send you front and back scans of each card.
FIRST email to say I'll take them gets priority. Please email me at stkindler@verizon.net if interested. Payment by Money order or check please. Sorry, No Paypal
Thanks, Tim