Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Espn Fantasy Baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202087)

freakhappy 02-22-2015 09:29 PM

Espn Fantasy Baseball

Hello everyone,

I've been running two head to head leagues on Espn for a decade and it's a blast. If anyone is interested, I need 2-3 more people to get to 12 total (very competitive and spaced out with 12 IMO). I started the second league last year (most consisting of Net54 members) and it was a lot of fun and most of the members are coming back for this year. I just had a few people that weren't able to return and I'd like to look here for new members.

Here are the details:

12 team league (snake draft, online on Saturday March 28th)
Head to head points system matchup
Daily changes and pickups/drops
19 week league, 8 of 12 make the playoffs, three-two week playoff matchups
$50 to enter, three spots paid
Trades allowed and go through automatically (unless corrupt)

The format is very similar to a standard fantasy football points league. I will set up three divisions of four, and each week you will be facing off against another team. Each week starts on Monday and lasts through Sunday...each week you are facing a different opponent. Everyone will have a max of six pitching starts per week (ten during the extended week after the all star break). Here are the breakdowns of each way of scoring points:

Single 1
Double 2
Triple 3
HR 6
Walk 1
IBB 2
SB 2
CS -1
Strikeout -1
RBI 1

Pitching:
IP .3=1/3
K 1
Win 7
Loss -3
Save 7
Blown save -3
Shut out 5
CG 5

There are also bonus's for cycles, no hitters and perfect games....I believe 5 points for each.

On a good week, a team will get around 290-350 and a bad week is around 250 and under.

Contact me if you want more details or if you are interested: pm or email (cavelyon@aol.com)

Quick shout out to last year's winner....Kevin Farrell (Wildfireschulte) :D

itjclarke 02-23-2015 01:50 AM

I'm pumped for this year to begin, thanks for putting it all together Mike.

Gradedcardman 02-23-2015 09:43 AM

Should be a good time unless Goldschmidt and Fernandez haunt me !!

freakhappy 02-23-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradedcardman (Post 1383735)
Should be a good time unless Goldschmidt and Fernandez haunt me !!

Adam...you were unstoppable until those guys hurt you pretty bad. I plan on taking the trophy home this year :cool::rolleyes:

Mountaineer1999 02-23-2015 10:49 AM

Looking forward to it guys! Looks like a lot of enthusiasm here so that should make it a lot of fun :)

freakhappy 02-23-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 (Post 1383750)
Looking forward to it guys! Looks like a lot of enthusiasm here so that should make it a lot of fun :)

I can already tell you will be a nice addition to the league...thanks for joining!

We have a great group of guys playing...I'm with Ian, I'm ready to roll :)

Wildfireschulte 02-23-2015 12:59 PM

Cave - thanks for jumping in as commish again - fair but firm. This is a tough league - all good players - I got lucky in the playoffs- thanks Kershaw -

Last years winner automatically gets first draft pick, right?

freakhappy 02-23-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte (Post 1383782)
Cave - thanks for jumping in as commish again - fair but firm. This is a tough league - all good players - I got lucky in the playoffs- thanks Kershaw -

Last years winner automatically gets first draft pick, right?

Oh yeah...you get the first three picks for winning it last year [emoji12]

Just be ready Mr. Farrell...the storm is coming!

cincyredlegs 02-23-2015 03:41 PM

I am ready to draft now.......LOL.

Still bummed about last year. Won my last 10 of the regular season and knocked out in the first round. Felt like the Braves. Sure hope I don't turn into Bobby Cox.

Mark