Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Yastrzemski Autograph Opinion (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=347110)

rand1com 03-06-2024 10:20 AM

Yastrzemski Autograph Opinion

1 Attachment(s)
Any opinions?

JimStinson 03-06-2024 12:07 PM

Yaz

I think it might be someone other than Yaz

rand1com 03-06-2024 01:26 PM

Pretty sure it is Yaz. Attached is PSA/DNA that looks close to me.

Photo would not upload. Sorry.

Republicaninmass 03-06-2024 01:36 PM

Worst I've seen. But could be

Brick442 03-06-2024 02:36 PM

I would pass, too many atypical things about the sig for me.

theshleps 03-06-2024 02:43 PM

either sloppy IP or fake

Klrdds 03-06-2024 03:41 PM

I don't like it .

rand1com 03-06-2024 07:05 PM

Thanks to all. I did not like it either but it was pretty close to some of Carl's more recent autos so I just wanted other opinions as it came in a lot of 235 autograph baseballs with about 10% which I considered questionable and this was one of them.

JimStinson 03-06-2024 09:05 PM

Yaz

Kind of "off" topic but for what it is worth. Several years ago I purchased a large collection from a Las Vegas VIP who had been collecting for over 20 years. Was mostly boxing posters and programs but he did have some autographs. Among them was a box of Michael Jordan signed baseballs. He obviously knew Jordan as he showed me photos of he and Jordan playing golf, playing cards etc. Didn't think twice about the signed baseballs. when I looked at them they were a MESS. I asked why and he said he would he would sign them on the golf cart between playing holes of golf (smile), Was 100% sure they were ok but looked like a 80 year old man signed them. Could not sell them and ended up giving them to a little league team for practice balls after I X'ed out the signatures.

Bigdaddy 03-06-2024 09:55 PM

I don't like it.

rand1com 03-07-2024 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimStinson (Post 2417909)
Kind of "off" topic but for what it is worth. Several years ago I purchased a large collection from a Las Vegas VIP who had been collecting for over 20 years. Was mostly boxing posters and programs but he did have some autographs. Among them was a box of Michael Jordan signed baseballs. He obviously knew Jordan as he showed me photos of he and Jordan playing golf, playing cards etc. Didn't think twice about the signed baseballs. when I looked at them they were a MESS. I asked why and he said he would he would sign them on the golf cart between playing holes of golf (smile), Was 100% sure they were ok but looked like a 80 year old man signed them. Could not sell them and ended up giving them to a little league team for practice balls after I X'ed out the signatures.

Yes. That is what I plan to do with the bad ones. Actually pretty lucky that only a small % in a collection this large was bad. The collector got most of them in person but obviously bought some from other sources.

egri 03-07-2024 08:02 AM

Yaz does a couple signings a year through Dick Gordon. The deadline for the March one has passed, but the next one is usually around November IIRC. I sent into it a few years ago; his signature showed his age, but other than that the process went smoothly.

rand1com 03-07-2024 08:10 AM

Yes. I know the rep that handles one of the signings for Gordon Sports and have gotten multiple rookie cards signed over the years. His autograph has definitely degraded over the last few years but is still more legible than 95% of current players who just scribble a letter or two. It is a disgrace to see the autographed cards from packs today. I know signing at the ball park for free knowing the autographs are likely to be sold for a profit would be aggravating but signing a legible name on a card you are being well paid to sign should make sense to the athlete.

Bpm0014 03-08-2024 12:43 PM

My uncle did bodyguard work for Jordan. I have close to 30 Jordan autographs. I have 1 on a Mitchell and Ness rookie jersey. Kind of sloppy but signed in front of me. I was told it wouldn't pass PSA. But same thing; looked like an 80 year old signed them...

rjackson44 03-09-2024 01:46 AM

Not even close

Terrier8HOF 03-17-2024 10:55 AM

I have over 100 Yaz autograghs going back to his rookie year. I can say without a doubt that this is a forgery,and not a very good one.