Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone else having problems viewing eBay sold listings? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=299731)

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-02-2021 02:14 PM

Anyone else having problems viewing eBay sold listings?

Maybe it’s just a problem with my computer and phone, but for the last two days when I try to view Sold listings in eBay, all I get is ‘No Exact Matches’.

For example, I put “1933 Goudey” in the search box, and it returns about 8000 active results.

Then I flip on the Sold filter, and it returns no results.

This has worked for me for years until yesterday. I’ve tried multiple browsers, the mobile app, logged in and logged out....same problem.

Just curious if any of you are having this issue.

LEHR 04-02-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire (Post 2088839)
Maybe it’s just a problem with my computer and phone, but for the last two days when I try to view Sold listings in eBay, all I get is ‘No Exact Matches’.

For example, I put “1933 Goudey” in the search box, and it returns about 8000 active results.

Then I flip on the Sold filter, and it returns no results.

This has worked for me for years until yesterday. I’ve tried multiple browsers, the mobile app, logged in and logged out....same problem.

Just curious if any of you are having this issue.

I've looked up dozens of sold items the last two days on both my work laptop and my phone. Zero issues on my end. I've mostly been looking up sold prices on unopened non-sports packs/boxes and CGC pre-code horror comics; so maybe it's just your particular search.

Pat R 04-02-2021 02:33 PM

No problems here John. If you haven't already tried it click on the advance
settings and enter 1933 Goudey in the search then go down to the next box and click on the sold listings and hit search.

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-02-2021 02:58 PM

Ok, thanks for the replies. I’m relieved it works for you guys because I was afraid eBay turned off that feature or something.

Must just be a problem on my side. I’ll keep playing with it, clearing cache, trying the advanced search, etc.

T206.org 04-02-2021 03:20 PM

I am having the same exact issue. No sold/completed items will show up for any search I've tried today. Very odd.

bnorth 04-02-2021 04:32 PM

It has been working for me yesterday and several times today.

One seller had a Boggs item I wanted so I tried searching his other 3000+ listings today and it showed zero. Didn't even show the item I knew he had.

Eric72 04-02-2021 04:50 PM

Searching sold listings is not working consistently for me right now, either.

I tried, "1955 Bowman Mantle" and got 0 results. However, in the "Results matching fewer words" section directly beneath that, there were a bunch of sold listings.

whiteymet 04-02-2021 06:31 PM

I've had a different/similar problem I started a thread on recently that got no responses:

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=298672

A dealer I bought from is not showing a sale I made with him or other sales. Some seem to be posted while others are not. Strange

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-02-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric72 (Post 2088885)
Searching sold listings is not working consistently for me right now, either.

I tried, "1955 Bowman Mantle" and got 0 results. However, in the "Results matching fewer words" section directly beneath that, there were a bunch of sold listings.

Yeah, I’m seeing the same thing...”results matching fewer words” has the items, however you can’t sort those by ‘most recent sales’.

Every once in awhile it will work for me, but most of my searches return 0 sold results (and they searches that should have hundreds if not thousands of results).

Hopefully this is something they fix....I like to look at sold listings multiple times a day just to research.

hockeyhockey 04-02-2021 07:52 PM

just had same issue

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-02-2021 08:56 PM

This is driving me crazy. If I search on “1951 Bowman”, nothing shows up. But if I search “Bowman 1951” then I get results.

However I can’t get 1952 Bowman to show up no matter what order I enter it.

IgnatiusJReilly 04-03-2021 12:40 AM

I’ve had this issue for a few days and posted on the eBay boards. Super annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP 04-03-2021 03:08 AM

Same issue for me. Was trying to look at past sales for MTG black lotus. Doesn’t work at all but searching for MTG lotus past sales works. The word “black” somehow kills the search functionality.

Eric72 04-03-2021 08:34 AM

Site still has issues as of 30 minutes ago. I reported this to eBay and encourage all of you to do the same.

The more complaints they receive, the more likely it is they'll address the problem.

yanks87 04-03-2021 08:44 AM

I'm having the same issue.

Thought it was another one to throw onto the "me" problems. Glad to hear it is not!

Eric72 04-03-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire (Post 2088964)
...However I can’t get 1952 Bowman to show up no matter what order I enter it.

Still not working correctly; however, the following search criteria yielded 1,713 results:

bowman 1952 + (PSA,SGC,BVG)

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-04-2021 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric72 (Post 2089347)
Still not working correctly; however, the following search criteria yielded 1,713 results:

bowman 1952 + (PSA,SGC,BVG)

Yep, still broken, however I think I’ve found a workaround.

If I search on “1952”, and then set the following search filters: Category = Baseball Cards; Manufacturer = Bowman; Year = 1952....that will return the 7000+ sold listings (the Year filter isn’t required but it seems to filter out reprints).

I’ve experimented with my Goudey searches using the same method with some success.

Santo10Fan 04-09-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire (Post 2089391)
Yep, still broken, however I think I’ve found a workaround.

If I search on “1952”, and then set the following search filters: Category = Baseball Cards; Manufacturer = Bowman; Year = 1952....that will return the 7000+ sold listings (the Year filter isn’t required but it seems to filter out reprints).

I’ve experimented with my Goudey searches using the same method with some success.

It's a pain, but if you put quotation marks around each word/number in your search you will get the results you want.

vintagechris 04-09-2021 03:11 PM

Same issue. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Ebay must be up to another change that will make things better for us.

Fballguy 04-09-2021 03:36 PM

For me the tracking detail has stopped working. The number appears and looks like a link, but when you click on it, nothing.

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-09-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo10Fan (Post 2091251)
It's a pain, but if you put quotation marks around each word/number in your search you will get the results you want.

Good tip! The quotes seem to work. Yeah, it’s a little extra work, but way better than setting up all those filter categories like I was doing.

earlywynnfan 04-09-2021 06:02 PM

Two days in a row, I've gotten "saved searches" ebay emails for a search that:
1) I never signed up for
2) I've never searched for
3) I've never even heard of the word!! (checamilo, which appears to generate Venezuelan baseball cards.)

This ever happen to anyone else?

sreader3 04-09-2021 06:59 PM

My sold listing searches magically started working again just now.

Nippy7 04-11-2021 11:53 PM

I didn't switch my account to a bank account instead of PayPal and my problem with "Sold Items" and Completed Sales started about the deadline to do that. Anyone think that's the problem?
Super annoying when you want to assess the market.

irv 04-12-2021 07:05 AM

Definitely some strange/odd issues going on lately.

I've been asked more than a few times now to check and see if I am a robot before logging in, Avast popped up warning me about PP again, when clicking on sold cards to deleted them then checking out others cards before doing so, when I go back different cards are now selected?
There are some other anomalies as well so I assume they are changing things up or they are under a constant threat of being hacked/corrupted?

JollyElm 04-12-2021 04:28 PM

If this thread is now branching out into tangents, is anyone else not being able to access the eBay "More filters..." link?? Suddenly, all of my saved searches are filled with PWCC and Dean's BS listings, but it won't let me click the link to again add those pathetic sellers to my 'ignore' list. Nothing happens when I click on it. Real frustrating. Do I need a browser upgrade, or are other people also facing this same dilemma?

Danny Smith 04-12-2021 04:41 PM

Based off some of the chatter on blowout eBay is trying to address third party websites from reporting eBay sales.

A number of websites that were used for reporting sales have been shut down over the last few weeks all of the sudden.

Speculation is that eBay had these sites shut down for using their proprietary information and now are trying to make it hard for these sites to mine their data going forward.

Makes me wonder if eBay is going to start restricting sales data as a whole or charge for access to it.

h2oya311 04-12-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2091298)
Two days in a row, I've gotten "saved searches" ebay emails for a search that:
1) I never signed up for
2) I've never searched for
3) I've never even heard of the word!! (checamilo, which appears to generate Venezuelan baseball cards.)

This ever happen to anyone else?

Ironically, checamilo is one of only 5 sellers I actively follow on eBay. Haha! It’s Ryan Christoff of cubanbaseballcards.com

Jayhawke 04-12-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreader3 (Post 2091311)
My sold listing searches magically started working again just now.

I had the same problem for a few days and now completed auctions has reappeared.

thatkidfromjerrymaguire 04-12-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawke (Post 2092309)
I had the same problem for a few days and now completed auctions has reappeared.

Yes, I figured I’d report that my sold listing searches appear to be fully functional again too. Certainly appears that eBay was doing SOMETHING behind the scenes to cause this. Don’t know if it was intentional or not.

One thing this did make me realize was just how often I search sold listings...because when it stopped working it REALLY bothered me.

Tripredacus 04-13-2021 02:27 PM

Recently I've noticed some issues where you check any of the boxes or the options on the left and the page doesn't load. I don't know if it is the same. I've seen a few times the 0 sold or 0 completed results, but it usually happens when I'm looking at various European Ebays.

Gusturd 04-17-2021 11:02 AM

Not sold listings but my saved searches have been acting weird. I have to try the search a couple times because the first time on a few hits come up (there are typically hundreds.