Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What is wrong with this picture? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202662)

RichardSimon 03-06-2015 12:13 PM

What is wrong with this picture?

http://myccsa.com/lot/269/babe-ruth-...-baseball.aspx

PSA certed this??? I find that hard to believe but,,,,
Has anyone ever seen a PSA cert that looks like this?
I know it says pre-cert but the item is carefully described in the body of the cert.
This one reeks.

pencil1974 03-06-2015 01:40 PM

Oh I didn't even notice that, I thought you meant since they were signed in Sharpie it looks like.

39special 03-06-2015 01:41 PM

It looks like it was signed yesterday.

Paulanthony 03-06-2015 01:51 PM

Cert is a Forgery.

khkco4bls 03-06-2015 01:54 PM

it just goes to show that CCA knows there a lot of dumb people out there

Klrdds 03-06-2015 02:05 PM

Who in the world is Andrew Bradley?

drcy 03-06-2015 03:03 PM

There is no such thing as a PSA/DNA Pre-Certified LOA. The Pre-Certification was introduced as a paperless replacement of the old auction LOAs.

Dr. Frankenstein would be embarrassed by the shoddy workmanship on that letter.

Pickles 03-06-2015 03:10 PM

As I look closely at the picture I notice that the photo of the ball on the PSA pre cert overlay has curved lines, whereas the paper itself is straight. The flaring between the ball and the PSA pre cert (with the ball overlay over the letters) suggest that someone is skilled on Photoshop or equivalent app.

Advantage of a pre-cert is that there is no sticker/no cert number to verify online. I have also noticed a lot of pre-certs on other AHs.

RichardSimon 03-06-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1387803)
Who in the world is Andrew Bradley?

RIP Andrew Bradley, he was a forensic authenticator, on a par with other well known forensic authenticators.

w7imel 03-06-2015 05:13 PM

Wow! Does PSA have any legal options to stop auctions like this? Isn't this somehow criminal?

Klrdds 03-06-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1387824)
RIP Andrew Bradley, he was a forensic authenticator, on a par with other well known forensic authenticators.

I assume he was as reliable as those other well known forensic authenticators, am I correct?

btcarfagno 03-06-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1387895)
I assume he was as reliable as those other well known forensic authenticators, am I correct?

He validated the piece of crap in the OP. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say...

...yep.

Tom C

RichardSimon 03-06-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1387889)
Wow! Does PSA have any legal options to stop auctions like this? Isn't this somehow criminal?

Things like this have happened before and sorry to say PSA does not care,,, sounds wrong but they do not care.

Pickles 03-06-2015 07:46 PM

Fwiw

I had seen a similar PSA logo recently on an RR auction. D not know much about it, but a google search is less than flattering. Anyhow, they use a similar logo, so, again, a good photoshop artist can do the job

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=931

If anyone looks at it, pl provide opinions on the Gehrig sig. I doubt I will bid it (too many negative comments) but, as long as one vistis the site

w7imel 03-06-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 1387939)
I had seen a similar PSA logo recently on an RR auction. D not know much about it, but a google search is less than flattering. Anyhow, they use a similar logo, so, again, a good photoshop artist can do the job

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=931

If anyone looks at it, pl provide opinions on the Gehrig sig. I doubt I will bid it (too many negative comments) but, as long as one vistis the site

What is wrong with you? Are you saying all the stuff you say just to piss us off? The stuff you claim you know has to be real (because of math science) is crap, and then the next time we hear from you the stuff at a legit auction house you are all the sudden going to stay away from because you know better than the staff at PSA. I encourage you to spend as much on autographs as you can to the point you cant afford internet service anymore!:D:D:D

Pickles 03-06-2015 09:38 PM

W7

Pickles 03-06-2015 09:46 PM

W7imel
Your home village must be missing their idiot
I saw the psa pre cert logo match elsewhere. I did a search on google and found issues with the AH. I post a link to it and you choose to go ballistic. My no bid referred to the AH, not psa, but I feel I waste my time paraphrasing to you.

w7imel 03-06-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 1387975)
W7imel
I saw the psa pre cert logo match elsewhere. I did a search on google and found issues with the AH. I post a link to it and you choose to go ballistic. My no bid referred to the AH, not psa, but I feel I waste my time paraphrasing to you.

Yeah my home village is missing its idiot and they are going to pay me a reward because I have found him. He goes by pickles! Where have you been they have been looking everywhere for you! I must get you home immediately!

dwinters 03-07-2015 06:41 AM

Watch out for other items in this auction as well

http://myccsa.com/lot/269/25-1-troy-...gold-bars.aspx

The Ruth ball is horrible...also noted the 25 one ounce gold bars in this auction....100 mills means gold plated. I feel sorry for anyone believing these items are the real deal. I do imagine the person or persons running this auction are wealthy by now.

btcarfagno 03-07-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwinters (Post 1388023)

The Ruth ball is horrible...also noted the 25 one ounce gold bars in this auction....100 mills means gold plated. I feel sorry for anyone believing these items are the real deal. I do imagine the person or persons running this auction are wealthy by now.

Roach's Corner is simply an amazing, albeit dark and slimy, corner of the interwebs. The fact that these asshats aren't behind bars and can continue this crap month after month is beyond my capability to maintain rational thought. Yet there they are. The audacity is breathtaking. Such complete "in your face" forgeries and deception yet nothing is done about it. It's like a group of bank robbers putting on a circus outside the bank then going in and robbing the place and nobody does anything. It just absolutely flummoxes me.

Tom C

barrysloate 03-07-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwinters (Post 1388023)

Nobody sells gold for less than it is worth, it's a commodity. It's like selling hundred dollar bills for ten bucks each. Gold always sells within a point or two of its intrinsic value. There are no bargains buying gold. This lot is pure idiocy (among all the others).

Klrdds 03-07-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1388097)
This lot is pure idiocy (among all the others).

But in truth aren't all the lots from CCSA , and even bidding on any lot from CCSA pure idiocy?

toyman55 03-08-2015 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 1387975)
W7imel

"Hey, be nice this is my dog "PICKLES" and she is no idiot, in fact I consult with her on all my autographs though she is rarely right!

w7imel 03-08-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyman55 (Post 1388389)
"Hey, be nice this is my dog "PICKLES" and she is no idiot, in fact I consult with her on all my autographs though she is rarely right!

Now thats funny stuff!:D

btcarfagno 03-08-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyman55 (Post 1388389)

That just tells me you need to get a cat. Cats are always right. Even when they aren't. At least they sure act like they are.

Tom C

Bored5000 03-08-2015 12:48 PM

I love looking through Coaches Corner auctions for the hilarity factor. So much "amazing" stuff in the current auction :rolleyes:

Christy Mathewson signed baseball; Candy Cummings cut signature; Joe Jackson cut signature; "Sliding" Billy Hamilton autographed baseball; multiple Josh Gibson signed baseballs; Rube Foster autopgraphed baseball; Sam Thompson autographed baseball; multiple Martin DiHigo autographed baseballs; George Wright autographed baseball; Ed Walsh autographed baseball; Joe Jackson autographed baseball; Amos Rusie autographed baseball; Oscar Charleston autographed baeball; Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe autographed baseball; Wee Willie Keeler autographed baeball; Hack Wilson autographed baseball; George Washington cut signature; Ed Delahanty cut signature; John Montgomery Ward cut signature; John Clarkson cut signature.

w7imel 03-08-2015 02:45 PM

The ball Richard posted is at 2100 dollars. auction still has 2 weeks to go. Someone is getting screwed.!!!!:eek:

w7imel 03-08-2015 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
But look at this one....only at 55 dollars right now!

RichardSimon 03-08-2015 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by btcarfagno (Post 1388434)
That just tells me you need to get a cat. Cats are always right. Even when they aren't. At least they sure act like they are.

Tom C

Tom,
You are oh so right.

Klrdds 03-08-2015 04:30 PM

The $55.00 dollar bid for the Joe Jackson baseball is quite a bargain compared to the photo from HA a few weeks ago by about $179,500 dollars. Both are worth about the same money .....namely nothing.

w7imel 03-09-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1388564)
The $55.00 dollar bid for the Joe Jackson baseball is quite a bargain compared to the photo from HA a few weeks ago by about $179,500 dollars. Both are worth about the same money .....namely nothing.

Followed that one as well. I really want that one as well as the mathewson to be real but in the end I feel no way would someone have 2 perfect autographs like that stored in a barn and remain that quality. I would like to think PSA put in all the nessecary research before signing off on these as good. Thats the problem, without having actually witnessed the signings we will never fully know.

Klrdds 03-09-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1388943)
Followed that one as well. I really want that one as well as the mathewson to be real but in the end I feel no way would someone have 2 perfect autographs like that stored in a barn and remain that quality. I would like to think PSA put in all the nessecary research before signing off on these as good. Thats the problem, without having actually witnessed the signings we will never fully know.

I believe that those 2 photos you mentioned are perfect examples of the many flaws that gave been discussed on this forum dealing with any TPA, especially PSA in this case. I think these TPAs get hung up too many times on the " rarity, uniqueness, and value" concept and miss all other clues staring them in the face.
However , this theory gets blown out of the water by CCA and their blatant forgeries.