Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ebay problem, how to handle? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=156500)

Mike in Vt 09-12-2012 06:55 AM

Ebay problem, how to handle?

Long story short...auction was for a 1966 Topps Joe Morgan. I received the card and on the back was a banner at the bottom saying it was a 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Reprint. I contacted the seller and simply said, "the card is a reprint and not original, I would like a full refund please".

The emails in response from the seller:
"No refunds, all sales final"
"I never listed the card as being original"

The case went to the Ebay Resolution Center where it was found in my favor, in a hurry. Ebay will grant me a full refund. The seller then contacted me today and said, "I would like you to remove the negative feedback since you won, I don't want to tarnish my perfect record. You still have my card anyways".

First, who cares if I won the resolution. Does that really matter? they still handled it in a very devious unprofessional panner. I don't want that card. It's literally not worth the stamp it was sent on.

Should I remove the negative feedback?

DaClyde 09-12-2012 07:03 AM

I'd leave the negative. If eBay had to be involved to resolve the issue due to a misleading auction description, the refund shouldn't be an automatic "buy back" of the negative. He can leave a response to the negative and move on. Far too many people don't ding sellers for bad issues experienced and it skews the playing field. I know eBay can be hard on sellers, but they also need to play by the rules. I'd say nothing short of delivering the advertised product should result in a positive (unless you happened to have a particularly good customer support response resulting in a refund).

Had he owned up to the misleading auction and readily refunded you, maybe a neutral would be warranted. But since you had to get eBay involved to get your money back, he deserves the negative, even if he doesn't learn from it and it just makes him mad.

Be sure to pass any potential retaliatory messages you might get from the seller on to eBay should he decide to take it out on you for being the one to ding his "perfect" record.

Either way, send the card back since you got your refund.

Mike in Vt 09-12-2012 07:17 AM

I wanted to forward his latest message to Ebay, but I can't find a way to do it. Ebay makes it very difficult to email them.

D. Bergin 09-12-2012 07:37 AM

Leave the negative. If you also sell on occasion, block him so he can't bid on one of your auctions.

Mike in Vt 09-12-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1035635)
Leave the negative. If you also sell on occasion, block him so he can't bid on one of your auctions.

Good advice! I shall do that. thanks!

varsitycollectibles 09-12-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1035635)

I agree with this. Full details should be disclosed within the listing, especially a reprint.

BruceinGa 09-25-2012 12:46 PM

I would go further and post the seller's name here! It sounds as if he intentionally tried to mislead the buyers.
If I happen to be interested in other of his auctions I would like to know of his past.

GasHouseGang 09-26-2012 03:10 PM

He's a slime. He knew exactly what he was doing and figured he'd get away with it. Do us all a favor, and DO NOT remove that negative.