Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   1992 Olympics Basketball ticket , Who Signed this? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=151972)

JimStinson 06-02-2012 09:52 AM

1992 Olympics Basketball ticket , Who Signed this?

1 Attachment(s)
There appear to be two names scribbled on this 1992 Olympics Barcelona Basketball semi final ticket. Does anyone recognize them?

I obtained the ticket from one of the photographers who was working at the event. So who ever signed it signed it in person , None of the names even remotely resemble any of that years DREAM TEAM roster. Any input is much appreciated

thenavarro 06-02-2012 11:04 AM

Jim,

I believe that's a ticket for the Australia vs. Germany game that took place during the Semifinals night but was actually to see who got to play in the 5th place game. There were four games that night/day and that time is the Australia/Germany game. The US game was the 22:30 time. Brazil/Puerto Rico was the 14:30 game and Croatia/CIS was the 16:30 time. I don't know if one ticket got you into more than one game or not.

Might be some players from Australia or Germany. Here's Germany's roster:

Detlef Schrempf, Uwe Blab, Henning Harnisch, Gunther Behnke, Hansi Gnad, Kai Nurnberger, Henrik Rödl, Stephan Baeck, Michael Jackel, Jens Kujawa, Armin Andres, Arndt Neuhaus

Here''s Australia's roster:

Phil Smyth (Capt), John Dorge, Mike McKay, Larry Sengstock, Damian Keogh, Leroy Loggins, Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Mark Bradtke, Luc Longley, Andrew Vlahov, Ray Borner, Adrian Hurley (Head Coach), Barry Barnes, (Ass. Coach), Patrick Hunt (Ass. Coach), John Scott (Manager), Peter Harcourt (Doctor), Craig Purdam (Physio), Bill Mildenhall (Referee)

Good luck!

Mike

Big Six 06-02-2012 11:24 AM

The larger signature appears to have a "3" at the end...

JimStinson 06-02-2012 11:27 AM

JimStinson

Thanks a million Mike, that would explain why I nearly drove myself crazy trying to ID them and could not, what made it even tougher is the photographer would get autographs of celebrity spectators too not just participants in the event.
In fact he told me a cool story, he was covering (I think a basketball game) and John Kennedy jr. and of all people Keith Richards were sitting together. Richards signed gladly and John John would not even make eye contact. he even said Richards said something like "Oh come on and sign it" , Never said no or yes or get lost , just kept watching the game

travrosty 06-02-2012 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimStinson (Post 999929)
Thanks a million Mike, that would explain why I nearly drove myself crazy trying to ID them and could not, what made it even tougher is the photographer would get autographs of celebrity spectators too not just participants in the event.
In fact he told me a cool story, he was covering (I think a basketball game) and John Kennedy jr. and of all people Keith Richards were sitting together. Richards signed gladly and John John would not even make eye contact. he even said Richards said something like "Oh come on and sign it" , Never said no or yes or get lost , just kept watching the game

jim,

its holyfield, phil 4:13, just a little sloppy.

JimStinson 06-02-2012 11:59 AM

JimStinson

Wow !!!! Travis I think you are right. But its REAL sloppy. Now I just need to reference if Evander was in Barcelona for the Olympics

travrosty 06-02-2012 12:01 PM

at least it is a big name worth something, and not the assisant equipment manager.

i knew it started with an H and it had the number 3 on the end, but I couldnt figure it out until i noticed that squiggle up on the end of holyfield, that upward swoop that comes around and makes a loop. that looked real, real familiar and i knew what it was then.

otismalibu 06-02-2012 12:11 PM

Dr. J. #6

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b..._195Signed.jpg

JimStinson 06-02-2012 12:27 PM

JimStinson

Amazing !!!! I spent a month with this thing trying to figure it out and what ? 2 hours on the forum and its solved. Sincere thanks again !

Wymers Auction 06-03-2012 12:29 AM

That was really interesting and incredible. Thanks for this post.

D. Bergin 06-03-2012 10:41 AM

Wow! Great work guys. :eek: