Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Littball99 on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300770)

theshleps 04-22-2021 01:13 PM

Littball99 on ebay

This guy has 100s of signed vintage cards for sale. Most look alittle off (not bad but look like forgeries to me). Has lots I would like but my gut tells me know
Does anyone know anything about him?

mr2686 04-22-2021 03:00 PM

He seems to have quite a few authenticated ones, but the others, I agree, seem a bit off. Main problem for me on the one's I know well are that they all seem to use the thicker sharpie and the sigs don't seem to flow the way a normal one would. Just my .02, and I'd bet some are good, but it's probably hit and miss.

theshleps 04-22-2021 08:30 PM

Even the easy ones like Brooks Robinson are off. He doesn't seem to do the high end items. Some of the slabbed seem off but 95% of the unslabbed that I am familiar with seem off as you suggested.
Buyer beware. I do not think he is a member here

rand1com 04-25-2021 08:38 PM

Well, he has hundreds if not thousands of authenticated ones. I agree that his raw ones are probably a mix of good and bad but I think more are good than bad.

It just does no make sense to pay for authentication on cheaper autographs and he offers a guarantee that they will pass. He is counting on the fact that either they won't get submitted for authentication or that they will indeed pass.

He uses a hodgepodge of authentication companies or probably purchases a lot that are already authenticated from sources.

Looks like he likes to use CAS as he probably gets better rates from him. Mike Root is the owner and I believe only authenticator for CAS and he has been in the hobby for many years both at JSA and SGC. I think he is pretty good although I know he has been questioned on this site about some Jeter autos.

I would be a little wary but overall I think the seller is fairly reliable.

theshleps 04-25-2021 11:12 PM

I just looked at the first 200 when I looked his posts and put in "signed". Only 10% of the ones listed were signed. It wasn't necessarily only the higher end items. many like Gibson etc were not authenticated and would have given him much higher prices if slabbed. For the past year or two whenever I search for cards I need I study the picture and have not found an unslabbed one b him I trust despite finding quite a few from other sellers. Any other opinions out there?

Case12 04-27-2021 04:20 PM

I've bought a lot of average priced stuff from him. He's always been nice to me. I believe him that he stands behind it. It's just cheaper for him to refund than him get a TPA. I'm ok with that arrangement.

theshleps 04-27-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 2097247)
I've bought a lot of average priced stuff from him. He's always been nice to me. I believe him that he stands behind it. It's just cheaper for him to refund than him get a TPA. I'm ok with that arrangement.

Would be interesting if you post some or send in to PSA or JSA

rmarks 04-27-2021 09:21 PM

I sent three of his signed cards for a quick opinion several months ago. All of them failed.

Case12 04-28-2021 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 2097247)

Here's one. It seemed fairly good.

theshleps 04-28-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 2097511)
Here's one. It seemed fairly good.

I have probably the worlds best signed card collection of Jewish players and have written Hertz many times over the years. The Hertz doesn't look like any I have. The H and the Hertz in general seems off. All his autographs look like the originals on very quick inspection but if you take a minute and look more carefully there is something off
for instance look at this Brooks Robinson
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11441789617...gAAOSw0M9fZla7

Case12 04-28-2021 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know what you mean. His bb are a bit sloppy. But, I have these also. The are both PSA. I have a couple more somewhere. His auto is very inexpensive. I'm ok with it. From my personal collection and don't plan to sell it either. Sorta what I meant about this seller. Average stuff.

Case12 04-28-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 2097522)
I have probably the worlds best signed card collection of Jewish players and have written Hertz many times over the years. The Hertz doesn't look like any I have. The H and the Hertz in general seems off. All his autographs look like the originals on very quick inspection but if you take a minute and look more carefully there is something off
for instance look at this Brooks Robinson
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11441789617...gAAOSw0M9fZla7

BTW, regarding Jewish players. If you have an extra Randy Cardinal auto on any type flat, I would be interested to buy. If you have his 1963 Rookie signed, I would be very interested. Casey

theshleps 04-28-2021 04:30 PM

Randy and I used to correspond. I sold all the rookies except the one in my collection. I know I have flats but won't be where my collection is for another month or two. Send me a PM. It will help me remember to look

Bigdaddy 05-01-2021 08:36 PM

Was just on the 'Bay and ran across a signed 1969 Topps McCovey and Marichal, thought the thumbnail looked iffy in the list, so I clicked on it and could tell right away it was bad looking at the bigger photo.

Turns out the seller is littball99 - thought that name sounded familiar.

And the guy has it listed as a 1964 when it is a 1969 card.

Looking at some more of his stuff, I do see some legit autos. I think some of these eBay sellers just buy collections and list them with little knowledge of the legitimacy of the autos. No excuse though.

https://www.net54baseball.com/pictur...ictureid=30839

egri 05-03-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 2098542)
Looking at some more of his stuff, I do see some legit autos. I think some of these eBay sellers just buy collections and list them with little knowledge of the legitimacy of the autos. No excuse though.

I've always thought it was as a smokescreen for he bad ones, but either way, not good.