Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know “Desert Ice sports” on ebay? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=336037)

Belfast1933 05-29-2023 03:26 PM

Anyone know “Desert Ice sports” on ebay?

Wondering if anyone knows ebay seller “desert ice sports” - looks like a high volume seller on ebay -

Thx for any leads or connections!

Jeff

Peter_Spaeth 05-29-2023 03:55 PM

Brad Lang. He has a website. Always check for a website with a large dealer.

theshowandme 05-29-2023 04:19 PM

https://www.deserticesports.com/contact-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belfast1933 05-29-2023 04:49 PM

Great, thx! Is Brad a member here? Anyone do any deals with him?

Leon 05-29-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2343837)

I have done deals with him and they went fine...

theshowandme 05-29-2023 04:53 PM

Don’t know if he’s a member but he’s always down for a good conversation at shows.

He always has nice stuff but it’s usually out of my price range

mrreality68 05-29-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshowandme (Post 2343840)
Don’t know if he’s a member but he’s always down for a good conversation at shows.

He always has nice stuff but it’s usually out of my price range

+1 agreed definitely has some really nice cards

gabrinus 05-29-2023 05:44 PM

LA

Vanilla Ice's brother...moved to the desert..."word to your mother"...Jerry

Rhotchkiss 05-29-2023 05:58 PM

I have known Brad for many years and have done several large deals with him (buying, selling, and trading). He is legit and I will happily give him a positive reference

gabrinus 05-29-2023 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"Drop that zero and get with the hero"...Jerry

Eric72 05-29-2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2343837)

Yes, I have. It was at the Philly Show in December 2022. Everything went fine. I would buy from Desert Ice again without hesitation.

Peter_Spaeth 05-29-2023 08:00 PM

Has there EVER been a thread asking about a well known ebay dealer where someone said, I had a bad experience with him, DON"T deal with him? I'm not implying anything at all bad about Brad, but I've seen these threads about some of the biggest criminals in the hobby and they always draw nothing but praise.

BeanTown 05-29-2023 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2343875)
Has there EVER been a thread asking about a well known ebay dealer where someone said, I had a bad experience with him, DON"T deal with him? I'm not implying anything at all bad about Brad, but I've seen these threads about some of the biggest criminals in the hobby and they always draw nothing but praise.

Now that you said that, I was thinking the same thing. Could this be a subliminal plug

bnorth 05-29-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Yes but they are usually completely ignored because no matter how bad someone is they haven't screwed everyone yet. Just ask about PWCC or Problemstein and you will get many recommendations saying how they haven't had any problems with them(that they know about).:eek:

Peter_Spaeth 05-29-2023 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2343877)
Yes but they are usually completely ignored because no matter how bad someone is they haven't screwed everyone yet. Just ask about PWCC or Problemstein and you will get many recommendations saying how they haven't had any problems with them(that they know about).:eek:

I don't mean to be a jerk, but these threads are just so predictable.

bnorth 05-29-2023 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2343878)
I don't mean to be a jerk, but these threads are just so predictable.

I have found calling out the well respected honest sellers for the scammers they really are is frowned upon greatly by their friends.;):rolleyes::D

Eric72 05-29-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Those Battlefield jokers?

Jewish-collector 05-29-2023 09:16 PM

This thread gets really interesting if the seller/dealer starts responding. Oh hell yeah. :D

todeen 05-29-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

I have had members PM when they have negative feedback stories. I see nothing wrong with that. It's better than having to defend themselves from everyone willing to go toe to toe over fighting words.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Johnny630 05-30-2023 05:06 AM

Quote:

It all comes down to if they have the card the buyer wants they could care less if the seller is a serial killer or a saint. Like you have said for yours Stuff Trumps all in this Industry/Hobby...the addiction is real. We have seen it time and time again Peter. It's just the way it is, always has been and always will be.

Duluth Eskimo 05-30-2023 06:43 AM

He just bought quite a bit from me at the last Chicago show in March. Very good guy to deal with. Jason

LEHR 05-30-2023 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2343815)
Wondering if anyone knows ebay seller “desert ice sports” - looks like a high volume seller on ebay -

Thx for any leads or connections!

Jeff

I don't personally know the owner but I've bought unopened boxes from them several times with zero issues.

parkplace33 05-30-2023 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2343877)

Ben, this is why I don't normally respond to inquiries like this (unless they are a full blown scammer).

My favorite is when someone complains about a seller/AH/store, yet 3 months down the road they are posting a card they bought from said seller/AH/store.

One of my favorite quotes I heard a few years ago at a card show "If Satan himself was selling a 52 Topps Mantle under comps, there would be buyers."

Snapolit1 05-30-2023 06:05 PM

I've had good dealings. Some real nice photos.

I avoid crapping on someone unless I've personally had a bad experience with them. Others will pass on what they've heard from others. Nice to be on your toes based on what others have been reported, but I like to traffic in personal exerience and not hearsay.

Probstein has like 100,000 positive reviews. Yet some folks here will tell you he is an absolute crook.