Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A Fashion Guide For Attending the National (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270556)

frankbmd 06-25-2019 11:14 AM

A Fashion Guide For Attending the National

5 Attachment(s)
Are you going to the National this year? And if you are and are taking your significant other along, you are undoubtedly getting hounded with questions of what should I wear? Having attended two Nationals in Chicago, perhaps i can help.

1) The weather in Chicago is unpredictable, and the Midwest this year has received an extraordinary amount of rainfall, so rain gear is a must. Oppressive heat is also possible which could mandate removal of the rain gear, so wearing comfortable summer clothing under your rain gear should not be forgotten.

A rain hat for the little lady can be stylish such as this example.

For you the rain hat may serve as protection from the weather as well as a disguise, particularly if you are fearful that you may be recognized and identified at the show.

One of these should do the trick.

Attachment 357630

2) Inside the convention center the floors are very hard and the room is very large. The best walking shoes you can afford without depleting your card budget are a must.

Stylish walking shoes are readily available, such as these. Buy a pair, they will work for both of you and help to identify you to meet other Net54 members.

Attachment 357634

3) The current scandal of course will impact the National and you should not overlook safety concerns at all times, particularly in the proximity of certain vendors and TPGs. If you plan to hang out at the $12 hot dog stand, you are probably safe, but out on the floor, consider wearing one of these.

Attachment 357639

A more fashionable alternative is available for the fairer sex

Attachment 357641

Basically protect your head, protect your feet and everything in between.:D

I hope this helps and enjoy the show.;)

barrysloate 06-25-2019 12:18 PM

That looks like Grace Slick.

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-25-2019 02:42 PM

LOL you said Grace Slick, My head went... "Grace Jones, is he crazy???" Then I paused for a moment and thought "Does kinda look like Grace Slick though." Welcome to my brain. I'm sorry.

barrysloate 06-26-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1892799)
LOL you said Grace Slick, My head went... "Grace Jones, is he crazy???" Then I paused for a moment and thought "Does kinda look like Grace Slick though." Welcome to my brain. I'm sorry.

Jefferson Airplane White Rabbit Grace Slick.

Republicaninmass 06-26-2019 06:53 AM

Also, clockwork orange gear could be apropos for some of the fraudsters, and a shower for some of the collectors is always a plus. Accessories can include belts or rope to hold up sweat pants and prevent plumbers crack.

frankbmd 06-26-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1892982)
Also, clockwork orange gear could be apropos for some of the fraudsters, and a shower for some of the collectors is always a plus. Accessories can include belts or rope to hold up sweat pants and prevent plumbers crack.

Begs the question why do you never need a black light to see a plumber’s crack?:eek:

Republicaninmass 06-26-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1893001)
Begs the question why do you never need a black light to see a plumber’s crack?:eek:

If you stare directly at it, you'll turn to stone

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Michael B 06-26-2019 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are over the age of 40 or if you look like you're in your third trimester you should not be wearing a sports jersey. This is what should be served at the snack bar.

timzcardz 06-27-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael B (Post 1893080)
If you are over the age of 40 or if you look like you're in your third trimester you should not be wearing a sports jersey. This is what should be served at the snack bar.
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1561568706

And it would be great if Tommy LaSorda was hawking it!

glynparson 07-03-2019 09:50 AM

WHo cares what you think of my clothes

Like everywhere else i go i will wear WTF I want and frankly don't give a rats ass what any of you think about it.

The-Cardfather 07-04-2019 12:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1892744)
That looks like Grace Slick.

Grace Slick circa 1970 & Grace Slick 2019:

barrysloate 07-04-2019 01:15 PM

Grace Slick turns 80 in a few months!:eek::eek:

pokerplyr80 07-04-2019 03:07 PM

Despite the humor those shoes really are key. Walking around all day in sandals or dress shoes will lead to very sore feet.

JollyElm 07-05-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1895577)
Despite the humor those shoes really are key. Walking around all day in sandals or dress shoes will lead to very sore feet.

Amen. If I were going, 90% of my prep time would be spent determining the right footwear to bring. Just spent an untold number of hours walking around a county fair and my feet felt great. Wore Skechers memory foam, relaxed fit (closed toe) 'fisherman sandals' and I couldn't have been happier. If you're in the wrong shoes, your enjoyment quotient (did I just coin that term?) is going to quickly fall off of a cliff.