Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Posting Pictures --- could use some advice (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276182)

thanksjoe 11-23-2019 06:23 AM

Posting Pictures --- could use some advice

Hello, newer to the board. Absolutely great resource so thank you! I have been selling and trading but I know I'm doing it inefficiently by posting something like...

"This card for sale. PM me please with email so I can send pictures"

So in short, what is the best way to capture the cards picture so I'm able to successfully upload it to the thread? I think my phone snapshots are just too large of files.

Thanks a lot for advance,
Brad

GeoPoto 11-23-2019 06:55 AM

Scan the card to your desk top (or any other computer with wireless (or wire) connection to your printer/scanner). Crop/edit the image and save it as a file that is then attachable/transferable like any other file.

swarmee 11-23-2019 07:14 AM

Don't upload on this site. Upload to one of your personal webpages like facebook or twitter or instagram or something else instead. Then they'll be housed where you can link to them at full or medium resolution.
Once your picture is uploaded, right click on it from your browser and select "Open image in new window."
At the top of that window will be the URL (web link) of your picture. Copy the web link by highlighting the entire thing and click "CTRL" and "C" at the same time. Then come into the post you're creating here and click the picture button above the text area, which looks like a mountain and moon with a yellow background. Remove the pre-loaded "http://" and paste in your full URL by pressing "CTRL" and "V" at the same time. Then click OK. The message board will then show your image in the post.

thanksjoe 11-23-2019 07:42 AM

Thank you!

irv 11-23-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoPoto (Post 1933369)
Scan the card to your desk top (or any other computer with wireless (or wire) connection to your printer/scanner). Crop/edit the image and save it as a file that is then attachable/transferable like any other file.

Because a majority of pics show up sideways from phones, I've found to edit it them directly on your phone first. Simply do a rotation or something that is easy then save them in their proper position before uploading them.

Also, if the pics are too big, which happens a lot with phone pics, install a free picture resizer from Filehippo or something similar then use it to make your pics smaller.

bnorth 11-23-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1933410)
Because a majority of pics show up sideways from phones, I've found to edit it them directly on your phone first. Simply do a rotation or something that is easy then save them in their proper position before uploading them.

Also, if the pics are too big, which happens a lot with phone pics, install a free picture resizer from Filehippo or something similar then use it to make your pics smaller.

I don't have a app on my phone so I will use my phone to email the pic to myself. My phone gives the option to resize pics when I email them. Not sure what the biggest file you can upload through the site is but I know you can use up to 1.2mb pictures.

I personally use the paper clip icon and upload pics directly from my phone or laptop.

Santo10Fan 11-24-2019 03:53 PM

If you email the photo to yourself on iPhone you’ll be given the option to resize it. I concur with other posters that an image host site is your best bet though

Goudey77 11-24-2019 04:20 PM

Do yourself a favor and download the Flickr app on your phone.
You can upload photos straight from your phone storage and Flickr will host the files. Familiarize yourself with the Flickr “share” options and it’s the slickest photo hosting option you will find for any web share scenario.