Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Can you tell me whos signiture this is? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179614)

dbradley 12-01-2013 01:51 PM

Can you tell me whos signiture this is?

2 Attachment(s)
I have this ball that belonged to my girlfriend's grandfather. I have not been able to figure out who the signature belongs to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Scott Garner 12-01-2013 02:06 PM

FWIW, this is supposed to be an upside down early version of Hideo Nomo's signature.
That being said, I believe that the autograph itself is possibly questionable based on exemplar's that I have from this time period.

I hope this helps

Michael Frost 12-01-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbradley (Post 1212322)
I have this ball that belonged to my girlfriend's grandfather. I have not been able to figure out who the signature belongs to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Turn the baseball upside down and you will have Hideo Nomo's vintage signature from the 1990's. :)

dbradley 12-01-2013 02:17 PM

Thank you

That is the most information I have gotten to date. The guy who had this ball had several other balls and I am pretty sure they are all real.

Do you have any idea what this ball would be worth if it is real?

Thank you very much for your reply,

David

Scott Garner 12-01-2013 03:09 PM

Early in person Hideo Nomo exemplars

3 Attachment(s)
David,

For what it's worth, here are three early Hideo Nomo exemplars of autographs that I actually got in person during Nomo's 1st 2 years in the National League for comparison.

- National League official ball
- All Star ball from Nomo's 1st appearance in the Mid-Summer Classic.
He also signed this one in Japanese!
- 1996 Signed ticket from Nomo's 1st no-hitter at Colorado

Please note that Nomo's signature varies somewhat in all 3 exemplars.
This makes it a bit challenging to say with 100% certainty whether an early Nomo sig is legit. Unless you were there to see him sign them, who would know?

dbradley 12-01-2013 03:25 PM

Thank you all for the post. Can you tell me what makes the ball/signature vintage? Also any guess on how much my ball may be worth?

Thanks,

David

dbradley 12-01-2013 03:34 PM

Picture of ball right side up.

1 Attachment(s)
The first picture was upside down. Here is a corrected photo.

Scott Garner 12-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbradley (Post 1212340)
Thank you all for the post. Can you tell me what makes the ball/signature vintage? Also any guess on how much my ball may be worth?

Thanks,

David

If deemed authentic, your ball has a value of approximately $125- $175.
Slight toning of the ball itself may bother some collectors and can somewhat affect realized value.

BTW, Nomo's autograph changed completely from the way he signed early in his career. His later signature was perhaps more recognizable because of the Americanized "H" and "N" in Hideo Nomo. The Coleman NL ball also helps date the ball to earlier in his career, say mid-1990's.

dbradley 12-01-2013 06:02 PM

Thank you all for your replies.