Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Public apology (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122143)

Chicago206 03-27-2010 07:10 AM

Public apology

In regards to my postings on BST ettiquette and specifically to fellow member Tony's new BST website (which is OUTSTANDING!).

I have seen the error in my thinking. Another person brought to my attention that its no different than being at a show in front of a dealer's case while the dealer and another customer are negotiating on a card. I simply have to wait my turn, and that was clearly the case here. My frustration at my inability to aquire the card when I had "cash in hand" got the best of my emotions, and I was wrong to rant the way I did. Sorry to Tony, and the fellow forum members here who had to witness my petty, childish behavior.

Phil

P.S.- As im not the type of guy to rant on the front page, and recant on page 23 the next day, I felt it was important enough to both post the above IN the actual thread of this subject, as well as a stand alone thread. My apology is as sincere as it gets. The "forgiveness" part is up to you.

Leon 03-27-2010 07:52 AM

Phil...no worries

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago206 (Post 793880)
In regards to my postings on BST ettiquette and specifically to fellow member Tony's new BST website (which is OUTSTANDING!).

I have seen the error in my thinking. Another person brought to my attention that its no different than being at a show in front of a dealer's case while the dealer and another customer are negotiating on a card. I simply have to wait my turn, and that was clearly the case here. My frustration at my inability to aquire the card when I had "cash in hand" got the best of my emotions, and I was wrong to rant the way I did. Sorry to Tony, and the fellow forum members here who had to witness my petty, childish behavior.

Phil

P.S.- As im not the type of guy to rant on the front page, and recant on page 23 the next day, I felt it was important enough to both post the above IN the actual thread of this subject, as well as a stand alone thread. My apology is as sincere as it gets. The "forgiveness" part is up to you.

No worries Phil. Apology accepted here. We all have different ways we operate and many of us (who me?) are very passionate about our collecting. Your argument had some merit but is not the general way friends on this board approach the BST. That is not to say that some folks don't have your exact view, they do. The main thing as a seller, as was pointed out in one of those threads (by Barry) is to communicate. Believe me, if you are around long enough, and I hope you are, you will be on both sides of the equation more than once. Heck, with all of the stuff I do I am on both sides in the same day many times. Have a good one....best regards

barrysloate 03-27-2010 08:14 AM

Phil- I saw your apology on the other thread. It was very thoughtful of you to come back and do so. Thank you.

bijoem 03-27-2010 08:21 AM

awesome phil.

standing up and saying you're sorry is admirable.

3-2-count 03-27-2010 08:24 AM

Hi Phil,
Apology accepted. I do appreciate that. Lets move on from here with nothing but good thoughts.
Happy Collecting Everyone,

Tony Andrea

Orioles1954 03-27-2010 10:18 AM

Nice gesture Phil! I have always respected folks who are willing to admit their flaws and are striving to correct them. A wise person will admits their wrong doings and never repeat them, a fool will sulk and stay silent.

sox1903wschamp 03-27-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1954 (Post 793928)
A wise person will admits their wrong doings and never repeat them, a fool will sulk and stay silent.

Words to live by.

teetwoohsix 03-27-2010 11:55 AM

I would also like to commend you Chicago206,I respect every bit of it!!
It's not always easy to apologize,great job!!

Sincerely,Clayton

Bosox Blair 03-27-2010 01:17 PM

Well done, Phil! Hope you have many satisfying years of collecting ahead.

Cheers,
Blair

drc 03-27-2010 01:46 PM

In eBay selling and life, we all mistakes. The question is what we do in reaction to them.

The ability to apologize for one's faux pas is a good trait, and good people accept a sincere apology. We'll all some day have reason to apologize, or at least admit to errors, on this board ... As for me, I just use the edit button then deny I said anything :)

Kawika 03-27-2010 01:59 PM

Apology accepted. Very mensch-like thing to do. Enjoy the Board, it's crazy fun.
D. McD.

Edited to add: Mensch? Chicago? What was I thinking? One of my more regrettable posts.

Browncow75 03-27-2010 02:43 PM

hey Phil

I said some things in the original thread, to you, and Dan, that I regret. While nothing I said regarding your situation with Tony was meant to be taken as a personal attack, they may have been, and for that I appologise. I have already spoken to Dan, and we have made our peace with eachother. Sometimes things get said in the heat of the moment and are misunderstood, or at least regrettable at a later point. Its part of being a passionate person about certain things, and if you make such a a mistake, its important to recognize it and be able to learn from it. I have, and I believe you have as well. Almost all is forgivable in the long run in my eyes. There are a ton of great people on here, all with different personalities, and sometimes it takes a little work to "gel" with them. If you are able to do that, this is a great place to learn and share info about this cool hobby! Sorry for rambling!!

Brandon

brickyardkennedy 03-27-2010 02:44 PM

It seems in our society today, there's too often a reluctance for people to say "I'm sorry" or "I was wrong". You did, and for that you have my respect. Good man and now, back to cards. :)

thekingofclout 03-27-2010 02:50 PM

I don't know what had happened, but it's not important.

What is important is that Phil, after screwing up has come forward at a time that unfortunately most would either defend their actions or blame another, or mankind for that matter for their own flaws as a human.

In our "Me First" society in which we live, glorified by the country's leaders and famous citizens, it's very refreshing and inspiring to see a regular man step up and take accountability for his own actions. Now, if we could only get our role models to stand up and do the same, we'd really be headed in the right direction.

Sincerely, Jimmy

mark evans 03-27-2010 04:07 PM

Class act, Phil. Hope to meet you at the National.

Mark