Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Legit Koufax? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162176)

AbejasAsesinas 01-25-2013 06:07 PM

Legit Koufax?

2 Attachment(s)
So, it looks like I'm going to be able to settle with the Koufax (the one I was asking about in RE: Online Authentics). As I final assurance, I would appreciate the thoughts of the experts here on whether or not it looks legit.

As a budding collector, I can't thank the members here enough. I wish this place were a bar that I could order a round for all of you for all of your help.

Cheers,
Dan

jimjim 01-25-2013 06:24 PM

Looks good to me. If it has an online authentics COA, then it is 100% legit.

AbejasAsesinas 01-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjim (Post 1078489)
Looks good to me. If it has an online authentics COA, then it is 100% legit.

Thanks for the heads up. It has a OA sticker, but no LOA or COA. I do have a card, but nothing like what OA describes on their site.

Scott Garner 01-25-2013 06:48 PM

Genuine! :)

AbejasAsesinas 01-26-2013 10:14 AM

Thanks Scott!

So, should I assume silence from the rest of the crowd means agreement with Scott and Jim? :)

djson1 01-26-2013 12:10 PM

If this is a forgery, it's a damn good one! I'd buy it.

shelly 01-26-2013 04:02 PM

Can you show me the online authentic sticker on the picture.

AbejasAsesinas 01-26-2013 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1078901)
Can you show me the online authentic sticker on the picture.

Absolutely.

Fuddjcal 01-26-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbejasAsesinas (Post 1079033)
Absolutely.

it also has a Steiner sticker so I'd say the piece is GOLDEN. Where did you get it and how much!!!????;););)

Mr. Zipper 01-27-2013 06:49 AM

I understand a healthy bit of skepticism and thinking for yourself is good, but are we really at the point where Steiner items are being routinely questioned now?

:confused:

AbejasAsesinas 01-27-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1079202)
I understand a healthy bit of skepticism and thinking for yourself is good, but are we really at the point where Steiner items are being routinely questioned now?

:confused:

Steve, I'll provide a couple of explanations about why I asked.

1) I'm new to the hobby and I'm still feeling out what other collectors think about certain authenticators. The fact that Steiner has no identifying marks on their holograms (or at least this one), concerns me because....
2) This one was shipped with the wrong COA card. I received the 53 WS Game 1 wind-up card, where the photo is 65 WS Game 5 first pitch.

So I'd say the reason I ask is because I'm a newb and the COA mixup.

Thanks, and my apologies if I offended anyone by my questioning.

Cheers,
Dan

AbejasAsesinas 01-27-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1079063)
it also has a Steiner sticker so I'd say the piece is GOLDEN. Where did you get it and how much!!!????;););)

Thanks! I purchased it from Cardboard Legends, list price was $589 shipped and framed. :)

Mr. Zipper 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbejasAsesinas (Post 1079319)
Steve, I'll provide a couple of explanations about why I asked.

1) I'm new to the hobby and I'm still feeling out what other collectors think about certain authenticators. The fact that Steiner has no identifying marks on their holograms (or at least this one), concerns me because....
2) This one was shipped with the wrong COA card. I received the 53 WS Game 1 wind-up card, where the photo is 65 WS Game 5 first pitch.

So I'd say the reason I ask is because I'm a newb and the COA mixup.

Thanks, and my apologies if I offended anyone by my questioning.

Cheers,
Dan

Dan

No offense and I didn't mean to come off as peevish. :) I can understand the caution... especially if you are new to the hobby and the cards were switched up.

In my experience, many of the hologramed items on the secondary market have missing COA cards. It just happens because the cards are often not stored with the item. Just last week I sold a JSA certed ball and it took me quite a while to find the matching card to send to the buyer. If I was a little less diligent, I would have said the hell with it and shipped it off without the card.

Even further, I have found that holograms sometimes come off game used balls because they do not adhere well to a dirty surface.

Anyway, if a Steiner (or Tristar or Schwartz Sports or Mounted Memories) hologram appears intact, I'm not going to let a little glitch* worry me. The hobby has enough issues. The day I have to start worrying about the authenticity of Steiner material, it's means the fat lady is singing.

(*Now if we saw material that was grossly bad with a Steiner hologram, that is not something I would casually disregard. I'd start thinking counterfeiting was a possibility. To my knowledge, this has not yet happened.)

Fuddjcal 01-27-2013 01:59 PM

Cardboard Legends I know of is in Van Nuys, CA in the San Fernando Valley? (Live 15 minutes away) If it's the same place I'm thinking of, they deal in authentic merchandise. While I don't frequent the place, I know that Mike is a fair and honest dealer.

AbejasAsesinas 01-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1079414)
Cardboard Legends I know of is in Van Nuys, CA in the San Fernando Valley? (Live 15 minutes away) If it's the same place I'm thinking of, they deal in authentic merchandise. While I don't frequent the place, I know that Mike is a fair and honest dealer.

Yep, that is the shop. By no means am I attempting to say that I question their integrity, Mike has been absolutely helpful since the beginning. That being said, the item came from another source (I believe Steiner themselves), then was shipped to CA for framing, then to me.

I didn't intend to give the impression that I think the auto is fake. The only reason I wanted to make sure the auto was legit is because of the COA mix up.

Cheers,
Dan

AbejasAsesinas 01-27-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1079362)
Dan

No offense and I didn't mean to come off as peevish. :) I can understand the caution... especially if you are new to the hobby and the cards were switched up.

In my experience, many of the hologramed items on the secondary market have missing COA cards. It just happens because the cards are often not stored with the item. Just last week I sold a JSA certed ball and it took me quite a while to find the matching card to send to the buyer. If I was a little less diligent, I would have said the hell with it and shipped it off without the card.

Even further, I have found that holograms sometimes come off game used balls because they do not adhere well to a dirty surface.

Anyway, if a Steiner (or Tristar or Schwartz Sports or Mounted Memories) hologram appears intact, I'm not going to let a little glitch* worry me. The hobby has enough issues. The day I have to start worrying about the authenticity of Steiner material, it's means the fat lady is singing.

(*Now if we saw material that was grossly bad with a Steiner hologram, that is not something I would casually disregard. I'd start thinking counterfeiting was a possibility. To my knowledge, this has not yet happened.)

Thank you for your guidance. Hopefully, one day, I will have the knowledge to not be concerned about things like this. :)

Cheers,
Dan