Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autographs & Game Used B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Beautiful Honus Wagner signed check for sale, today only (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=210787)

thenavarro 08-30-2015 01:56 PM

Beautiful Honus Wagner signed check for sale, today only

I have for sale this beautiful Honus Wagner signed check. Price is $1400 (net to me) via paypal and is firm. If you've been in the market for a Wagner check, you know a lot of them have the signature obliterated by the cancellation, or have light ink. This one is a beauty.

Check is only available for sale today (August 30, 2015). If it sells, my daughter Maven and I will be attending the Notre Dame game later in the week (against Texas). If it doesn't sell, no big deal, we'll just watch it from the comfort of our home. BUT, if you want it, it's for sale today only as I would have to buy the football tickets tonight in order to have them shipped to me in time before we needed to leave for Indiana later in the week. Thus, a one day only sale.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswt7kkqx2.jpg

gnaz01 08-30-2015 02:33 PM

Wow!!! That's a beauty Mike!!

earlywynnfan 08-30-2015 03:48 PM

Nice check, and only a $500 markup in one month!

thenavarro 08-30-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1447675)
Nice check, and only a $500 markup in one month!

Yep, it is a nice check. I thought about a $1,000 markup as this 1920 one below sold in Heritage for $1,912 and has the cancellation punchout all through the signature, but I settled for only a $500 increase.

I do appreciate your diligence in pointing out the markup though ;)

http://sports.ha.com/itm/autographs/...pleItem-071515

earlywynnfan 08-30-2015 05:48 PM

Tell you what, I know you said "firm" with the price, but if it gets late and nobody nibbles, I have $1000 ready and waiting.

Ken

Bpm0014 08-30-2015 06:05 PM

Earlywynnfan. Get a life. You sound like 2nd grade tattle tale. He can sell it for whatever he likes.

varcity26 08-30-2015 06:23 PM

Is there a cert?

earlywynnfan 08-30-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1447717)
Tell you what, I know you said "firm" with the price, but if it gets late and nobody nibbles, I have $1000 ready and waiting.

Ken

For the record, this is a TRUE offer, no sarcasm or jerkiness intended.

thenavarro 08-30-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varcity26 (Post 1447724)
Is there a cert?

No sir, but I'll offer you a full purchase price refund that if it were to fail either PSA/DNA or JSA if that's important to you, I'd refund your purchase price.

Mike

thenavarro 08-30-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1447726)
For the record, this is a TRUE offer, no sarcasm or jerkiness intended.

Ken,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. I did manage to sell a couple of Presidential graphs over the last few hours, so I went ahead and bought the football tickets for my little girl and I.

Price is still firm.

Thanks though,

Mike

earlywynnfan 08-30-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1447743)
Ken,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. I did manage to sell a couple of Presidential graphs over the last few hours, so I went ahead and bought the football tickets for my little girl and I.

Price is still firm.

Thanks though,

Mike

Enjoy the game!! My daughters would be bored out of their minds at a football game. You're lucky.

thenavarro 08-30-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1447747)
Enjoy the game!! My daughters would be bored out of their minds at a football game. You're lucky.

Thanks, I know the feeling, my son hates football and in reality, sports in general. I realized years ago that if I wanted to spend quality time with him, that I needed to adapt to the things he likes to do. Therefore, back in 2008, I began my local community theatre acting career ;) and he and I have been in several performances together. Until I started law school in August 2013, we'd do two a year and I got to hang out with him for 4 nights a week for a couple months at a time doing what he loves to do. It really did wonders for making us close. He's been All State Choir here in Texas the last two years, and we are anticipating him getting a full ride to TCU for choir next year. I'm a proud dad. He and I will be in college at the same time as I'll be in my last semester of law school while he is in his first semester at TCU. Our schools are only a few miles apart as I go to Texas A&M School of Law and it's in Ft. Worth, not College Station like main campus.

My daughter on the other hand, is a polar opposite, she loves to go to the games with me of all kinds, Rangers, Mavericks, Notre Dame, etc. and she says she is going to follow in my footsteps and go to school at Notre Dame too. ;)

You know it doesn't take a license to have kids, and they don't come with instructions, and mine have totally changed my priorities over the years and my "likes" and "dislikes". Good times.

thenavarro 08-30-2015 09:33 PM

Okay folks, I'm getting tired as I have a long week ahead of me, so headed to bed now.

As mentioned above, I no longer need to sell in order to go to the game so check is off the market for now as I don't have time to mess with it over the next week due to work/school and college footballing next weekend.

Happy collecting,

Mike

7nohitter 08-31-2015 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1447761)
Thanks, I know the feeling, my son hates football and in reality, sports in general. I realized years ago that if I wanted to spend quality time with him, that I needed to adapt to the things he likes to do. Therefore, back in 2008, I began my local community theatre acting career ;) and he and I have been in several performances together. Until I started law school in August 2013, we'd do two a year and I got to hang out with him for 4 nights a week for a couple months at a time doing what he loves to do. It really did wonders for making us close. He's been All State Choir here in Texas the last two years, and we are anticipating him getting a full ride to TCU for choir next year. I'm a proud dad. He and I will be in college at the same time as I'll be in my last semester of law school while he is in his first semester at TCU. Our schools are only a few miles apart as I go to Texas A&M School of Law and it's in Ft. Worth, not College Station like main campus.

My daughter on the other hand, is a polar opposite, she loves to go to the games with me of all kinds, Rangers, Mavericks, Notre Dame, etc. and she says she is going to follow in my footsteps and go to school at Notre Dame too. ;)

You know it doesn't take a license to have kids, and they don't come with instructions, and mine have totally changed my priorities over the years and my "likes" and "dislikes". Good times.

Law school...community theater...kids....sports.....putting together a collection of some of the greatest autographs I've ever seen....how do you do it????
No, seriously!