Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   In 12 Minutes I Just Made $324 - Satellite Service (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330359)

Leon 01-16-2023 09:09 AM

In 12 Minutes I Just Made $324 - Satellite Service

1 Attachment(s)
I am not changing my service from DirecTV, as I like it. I have had it 23 yrs running. But it's been a few years since I called for a discount. So, I just called. In 12 minutes on the phone they lowered my monthly bill from $95 to $68. Every single time I have called, many times over the years, I have gotten this kind of discount. Just a friendly reminder for folks...
And I know there are members who don't pay anything, or pay tons. I get it. This is just about saving a few bucks, wherever you can.
and a card...

D. Bergin 01-16-2023 09:17 AM

Reminds me, I need to call Spectrum. My High Speed Internet bill is up to like 120 bucks a month, after starting out at like 65 bucks a few years ago.

bnorth 01-16-2023 09:42 AM

You can do this on a lot of bills. As an example we have been switched from one new super cheap introductory internet plan to another with the same company for over 10 years.

egri 01-16-2023 10:39 AM

When I saw the title, with Leon's name under it, I thought a scammer had hacked his account. :eek: Glad to see that isn't the case. :D

mrreality68 01-16-2023 12:26 PM

cut my ties with Cable Services and now only have key streaming services and save Hundreds of dollars a year

But it is a great reminder and congrats on the savings and always love the diversity of your cards that you share

Seven 01-16-2023 12:42 PM

Sounds like an extra $324 you can spend on cards, Leon!

Jim65 01-16-2023 09:06 PM

We've had DirecTV for years and its been OK, mostly. We had a service problem last year and we ended up getting the NFL package for free after a little bitching. We lost our service for a whole day a few months ago and got a $100 credit. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

timzcardz 01-17-2023 06:30 AM

I pay way too much for tv/internet.

This winter need to figure out what we really watch and figure out what our best option(s) would be.

JustinD 01-18-2023 06:25 AM

Agree with the sentiment and call the hucksters every single year.

I just wish that in all the stupid governmental bills over the years to provide shoes to aardvarks and house the red banded horned toad, that someone could outlaw these pricing scheme business models. Cable, internet, insurance…take your pick.

pawpawdiv9 01-20-2023 09:45 AM

Were total electric, and our cables are underground. On top of that we a good 1/4 mile from the road.
Kinda stuck with 1 service (Direct tv & ATT). We cannot get xfinity, due to the issue underground.
Q/A: Can you get current news on the internet/streaming (like on Youtube)????
and your basic sports/Nascar channels??? If, so thats all i need.

D. Bergin 01-20-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2304840)
Reminds me, I need to call Spectrum. My High Speed Internet bill is up to like 120 bucks a month, after starting out at like 65 bucks a few years ago.

Called Spectrum and mentioned that my neighbors are being offered a plan, at about half of what I'm paying, for the exact same service.

They told me "so sorry, not for you", and made me start the whole cancellation process to see if I was bluffing or not. Put in my cancellation notice and called Frontier, who just laid their Fiber-optic lines in my neighborhood.

Got a 3 year plan with twice the speed and supposedly much better Wi-Fi equipment for the house, supplied as part of the package, for about 40-50 bucks less a month then I'm paying with Spectrum.

Drawback - Spectrum is holding my landline telephone number hostage, so I'm going to have to change that, which will be a PITA.

We'll see how the installation goes. I also have underground cables from the road to the house, so not sure if that will cause problems with the install.

bnorth 01-20-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2306175)
Called Spectrum and mentioned that my neighbors are being offered a plan, at about half of what I'm paying, for the exact same service.

They told me "so sorry, not for you", and made me start the whole cancellation process to see if I was bluffing or not. Put in my cancellation notice and called Frontier, who just laid their Fiber-optic lines in my neighborhood.

Got a 3 year plan with twice the speed and supposedly much better Wi-Fi equipment for the house, supplied as part of the package, for about 40-50 bucks less a month then I'm paying with Spectrum.

Drawback - Spectrum is holding my landline telephone number hostage, so I'm going to have to change that, which will be a PITA.

We'll see how the installation goes. I also have underground cables from the road to the house, so not sure if that will cause problems with the install.

Many times you will have to ask for a supervisor to get the discounted rate.

timzcardz 01-20-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2306175)

FCC says that they can't hold your number hostage and are required to transfer it.

"Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee."

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ss%20providers.

D. Bergin 01-20-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2306184)
Many times you will have to ask for a supervisor to get the discounted rate.

Probably, I don't think I had the patience for all that. I was itching to change things up already I think. See what this fiber-optic service is all about.

D. Bergin 01-20-2023 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2306190)
FCC says that they can't hold your number hostage and are required to transfer it.

"Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee."

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ss%20providers.

Ah thanks. My Frontier rep didn't seem to know that. Maybe it's not too late.