Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   LCS selling blasters - question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344836)

HittinLikeCarew 01-08-2024 01:18 PM

LCS selling blasters - question

So this has been the one thing that’s puzzled me since I got back into collecting a couple years ago. Do LCS’s get retail blasters from Panini or Topps, distribution warehouse, or clearing out local Walmart and Target? Or all of the above? I’ve never understood seeing a “Target specific” Prizm blaster at a LCS.

I saw my LCS post a reel on IG about having the new Prizm football blasters on the shelf and it made me wonder. All I’ve seen at Walmart is empty slots.
Thanks!

G1911 01-08-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HittinLikeCarew (Post 2403104)
So this has been the one thing that’s puzzled me since I got back into collecting a couple years ago. Do LCS’s get retail blasters from Panini or Topps, distribution warehouse, or clearing out local Walmart and Target? Or all of the above? I’ve never understood seeing a “Target specific” Prizm blaster at a LCS.

I saw my LCS post a reel on IG about having the new Prizm football blasters on the shelf and it made me wonder. All I’ve seen at Walmart is empty slots.
Thanks!

They buy them at Wal-Mart and Target, raise the price, and put on the shelf at their store.

Hxcmilkshake 01-08-2024 02:42 PM

They stalk the stockers, and get it before it hits the shelves, or they pay people to do it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

rhettyeakley 01-11-2024 07:43 PM

It is almost impossible for newer LCS’s to get any new product to sell. Only old shops w/ a long history of buying from manufacturers and online outlets get anything from Topps/Fanatics. It is really unfortunate too as it makes for very difficult times for anyone thinking of opening a LCS.

The big breakers have a seemingly endless supply of product while the little guys can’t get anything…and it has only gotten worse since Fanatics bought Topps.

It really sucks for the hobby imo.

Rich Klein 01-12-2024 07:41 AM

Knowing several of the store owners in the DFW area they have all told me that as part of Fanatics plan to increase the hobby 10X, and understanding stores are a major part of that plan.

Thus, many blaster boxes which used only to be sold by the major retailers are now available to the stores to sell. And if you think about this, this does make a ton of sense. With almost no hobby box prices under $100 there needs to be affordable products for those who can't afford to spend a paycheck at every trip to a hobby store.

Plus, since almost all (Never use an absolute) stores do a better job at ensuring the boxes are not weighed, picked through or other activities we don't like, there is a bigger confidence for the person buying those boxes at an LCS

Regards
Rich

bnorth 01-12-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 2404099)
Knowing several of the store owners in the DFW area they have all told me that as part of Fanatics plan to increase the hobby 10X, and understanding stores are a major part of that plan.

Thus, many blaster boxes which used only to be sold by the major retailers are now available to the stores to sell. And if you think about this, this does make a ton of sense. With almost no hobby box prices under $100 there needs to be affordable products for those who can't afford to spend a paycheck at every trip to a hobby store.

Plus, since almost all (Never use an absolute) stores do a better job at ensuring the boxes are not weighed, picked through or other activities we don't like, there is a bigger confidence for the person buying those boxes at an LCS

Regards
Rich

It just goes from the random loser in Walmart/Target weighing/feeling up the product to the LCS owner doing it in many cases.

Rich Klein 01-12-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2404111)
It just goes from the random loser in Walmart/Target weighing/feeling up the product to the LCS owner doing it in many cases.

Ben:

Aith all due respect, I open enough random packs at the LCS (s) I frequent to tell you the stores I go to do not do that and with the preponderance of stores in DFW, if that ever occurred the word would be so out so fast their business would disappear

HittinLikeCarew 01-18-2024 12:23 PM

So interesting twist to my original question. My LCS has since posted an IG reel basically as an advertisement for buying blasters from “customers”. This LCS isn’t new and sells everything from reg Hobby to NT boxes. They also have a breaking room where they do on line breaks. I was highly disappointed to see that they are buying blasters up from guys stalking Walmart or target.

Rich Klein 01-26-2024 04:27 PM

They may not have a Topps account yet. When they get one, they will be able to buy directly. One thing to remember is Blasters have a more reasonable price point than hobby boxes and as such, a store may want to stock them so people walking in can have 'afforable" items

Rich