Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Really PSA? Do you have to remind us? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=306073)

55koufax 08-06-2021 03:07 PM

Really PSA? Do you have to remind us?

From Steve Sloan today:
Hello PSA Customers,

41ST NATIONAL RECAP

I’m relieved to have the National in the rearview mirror, but I couldn’t be happier about the event – for PSA, our customers, our employees and for the hobby overall. For PSA, we authenticated and graded over 10,000 collectibles over the five days

Thanks Mr. Sloan, I am just one of many thousands of your customers who just love reading how you pushed 10,000 in front of my 800 that I have been waiting 10 months for. Yes, you made exorbitant fees on them to assuredly high profits. Congratulations.

Tao_Moko 08-06-2021 05:24 PM

I'm one of the tpg haters, but I will admit that I have felt bad for guys who love them lately and spending money for inconsistent grading, padded pocket grades, altered cards getting numerical grades and overall shit customer service. I have bought several sizable collections recently along with many other small lots and singles. I've filled trash cans with busted slabs. Thousands of slabs over the years. Many of those have impacted "pop reports" to a high degree. At what point do you say "screw this ridiculously flawed system"?

doug.goodman 08-06-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tao_Moko (Post 2131035)
I'm one of the tpg haters, but I will admit that I have felt bad for guys who love them lately and spending money for inconsistent grading, padded pocket grades, altered cards getting numerical grades and overall shit customer service. I have bought several sizable collections recently along with many other small lots and singles. I've filled trash cans with busted slabs. Thousands of slabs over the years. Many of those have impacted "pop reports" to a high degree. At what point do you say "screw this ridiculously flawed system"?

Laughing out loud.

I hate the opinion sellers as much as anybody, but have zero sympathy for the opinion buyers.

The answer to your question is - never.

Doug 'hahahahahahahahaah' Goodman

Snowman 08-06-2021 07:26 PM

Higher priced service levels have always had faster turnaround times than value and bulk service levels. Why should this change all of a sudden just because they have a ridiculous backlog on their low end service levels? If you want your grades back faster, pay the premiums.

Or perhaps said another way, why should I have to "get in line" to have my Honus Wagner T206 that I just picked up on ebay authenticated/graded when the people "ahead of me" are getting their Gavin Lux and Bo Bichette Bowman paper RCs and Tyler Herro base Donruss RCs graded by the thousands? (no, I don't have a Wagner).

Snowman 08-06-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tao_Moko (Post 2131035)

Grading inconsistencies at PSA is definitely becoming a major problem now. Shit customer service has long been an issue with them though. SGC is closing the gap more and more every day it seems. I pretty much send everything to SGC nowadays.

ullmandds 08-06-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2131062)
Grading inconsistencies at PSA is definitely becoming a major problem now. Shit customer service has long been an issue with them though. SGC is closing the gap more and more every day it seems. I pretty much send everything to SGC nowadays.

not sure what you mean by closing the gap? SGC has always...imo...been more consistent which is most important to me.

The only thing that will cause the pendulum to swing in SGC's favor is if they command the sales prices PSA does.

todeen 08-06-2021 10:52 PM

SGC needs the registry. Which, btw, why doesn't VCP start a registry? It seems like they are 50% of the way there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk