Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bats & Autographed Ball Used in 8 Men Out - Where Best to Auction? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=309451)

Jobu 10-22-2021 08:55 PM

Bats & Autographed Ball Used in 8 Men Out - Where Best to Auction?

14 Attachment(s)
My brother's in laws' family had included the prop man for the movie 8 Men Out. These two bats were used in the move - Edd Roush and a cool Heinie Groh bottle bat. They also have a signed ball, including Charlie Sheen, John Cusak, Christopher Lloyd, Michael Rooker, Bill Irwin, David Strathairn, Gordan Clapp, and some others.

I am curious what people think these might be worth - and anything else you can tell me about items like these.

Thanks in advance.

SteveS 10-23-2021 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Jobu. Neat stuff. The HOF has a bat and ball used in the film. They list their Joe Jackson bat as a reproduction made for the movie, so I presume yours are as well. Props from "Eight Men Out" haven't seemed to sell for a whole lot. It's kind of been outshined by "Field of Dreams." That said, if you're looking to sell, now would be a good time, as the "Field of Dreams" game this season and the recent huge sale of the Joe Jackson photograph have brought major attention to the Black Sox. Always best to strike while the iron's hot.

Jobu 02-06-2023 08:13 AM

Bumping this one to add a question to it. I have heard that my brother's in-laws would like to auction this stuff - any recommendations for where this might do the best?

Thanks

Jobu 02-11-2023 04:43 PM

Maybe it doesn't matter as long as it gets advertised?

Thanks

ThomasL 02-13-2023 07:08 PM

Dont know where to auction them off...but I have seen a team signed baseball before sell on ebay once (probably about 10 years ago) that sold for around $400-500 I think...someone had a Jake Daubert bat they claimed was a prop bat sell on ebay last year asking I think about $275 for it? Don't know if that helps or not

Jobu 02-26-2023 08:54 PM

Thanks Thomas. I guess we need to look really hard to get a screen grab of the bats in the film - and maybe the AH really doesn't matter all that much for something like this.

mrreality68 02-27-2023 03:35 AM

Regardless cool stuff

Good luck with it

bnorth 02-27-2023 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2318673)
Thanks Thomas. I guess we need to look really hard to get a screen grab of the bats in the film - and maybe the AH really doesn't matter all that much for something like this.

Since they really are not big ticket items you could just list them on here at whatever price they would take. eBay would probably be better than a AH with what they are. You could list them at a slightly high BIN and if no takers list them as 10 day auctions ending on a Sunday night..

eastonfalcon19 02-27-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2318773)
Since they really are not big ticket items you could just list them on here at whatever price they would take. eBay would probably be better than a AH with what they are. You could list them at a slightly high BIN and if no takers list them as 10 day auctions ending on a Sunday night..

I like this idea!

BobC 02-27-2023 12:59 PM

Since the items are movie props, and as others have opined, probably not really big dollar items to sports memorabilia collectors, you may want to look into finding auction houses that specialize in movie props and items as opposed to just sports related items. You can go online and do a search by typing in something like "movie prop auctions", "Hollywood memorabilia auctions", or the like. There are many that will come up, including Heritage Auctions which has a department apparently just for such items. That may actually be a good place to start and see what they say since they apparently specialize in both movie and sports memorabilia. Doesn't hurt to ask.